Crestron Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.3

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics (Rockleigh, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by an hr rep who had a quick interview with me over the phone. Then we set up a second phone interview that was more technical and was with a hiring manager and a senior software developer. After that I had an in-person interview with the same two people that I had the phone interview with. That had a few technical questions and concluded with a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview

Very personal, asked questions about networking and understanding ip addresses and switches. Then was asked questions about audio and video, for example: understanding resolutions and ir communication. Any customer service skills are a bonus.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by in person. Intuitive and Smooth! Interview process included all functional levels together asking about experience, skill set, inter personal qualities. Process is smooth, transparent and quick.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince your team member that your approach is better than theirs?   Answer Question

Firmware Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview

Quick 30min phone call. Asked about experience using Linux and C/C++, as well as my familiarity with the software development cycle. Have a second interview (phone call as well) scheduled.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics in January 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR to schedule an interview. Interview was very easy and short. A week later, I was contacted by two firmware hiring managers for a technical interview, where they asked very basic C and embedded systems questions. Worst part of the process came after this interview - after not hearing back from HR for over a week, sent a follow up a email and got no response. After another 2 weeks, sent another email and got no response. HR seems very disorganized compared to the other companies I have interviewed with. Overall, the entire process was a waste of time.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview

Applied online through their job portals website. I found out that I got a phone conference interview a week or two later from HR department. I interviewed with a panel of 3 engineers on the phone, all from verification engineering department. The interview was short, maybe like 25 - 30 minutes. Found out two weeks later that I got the job. They offered me the internship through email from the HR department where they told me that I would be in the same department that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain a technical project that you worked on.
      2) What experience do you have with scripting languages?
      Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two phone interviews and schedule an in person interview soon. Really smooth interviews. Process took over a week. Questions asked were about my background, why I wanted this position, how I resolve issues, etc...

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the Recruiting Manager and had a brief interview. I was told a hiring manager would contact me soon. After getting the runaround via email for weeks, I was asked if I was still interested in the position because the hiring manager had left 2 voice mails and had not heard from me. Left 2 voice mails? To who?

I regurgitated my phone number for the recruiter and politely asked that they call THAT number as opposed to whatever they were calling even though the recruiter obviously had the right number and it was on my RESUME.

Very unprofessional. Don't need to work for people like this. Not worth it if they can't even correctly dial a phone number imagine what's next?

Interview Questions

• How many hours per week do you usually work?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics (Rockleigh, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The interview was mainly a conversation between myself and two other members of the team. The discussion involved some technical questions to gauge my experience and personal questions to gauge my interests and if I would be a good fit for the team.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview

I don't really remember but they asked generic questions. They walked me around the work areas and showed me what is what and how things operated. Met the manager and director on the same day. Called me back within 3 days. And then I was hired. Pretty fast process.