Critical Mass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from an HR rep shortly thereafter about setting up a phone screen. The first call was basically just introductory stuff. Any time I asked a targeted or specific question I was told that it would be covered in the next interview (which from get go they seemed to be offering). I interviewed 1:1 in person with a member of the strategy team about two weeks later. I didn't hear anything for a month and assumed they had gone with someone else. Then I got a phone call telling me I had the job and had about 3 days to decide. There was a little bit of confusion and miscommunication with the HR team (the rep I interviewed with was not the one who I was communicating my decision to) but it was sorted out.

Interview Questions

• Why, with your background are you interested in this? (I don't have an ad background)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. They gave me 3 days to make up my mind but after they were late on the official offer (which came separately from the phone call) they gave me another few days to decide.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted to set up a short (15-20 minute) phone screen. I was told I would be contacted within a few days to continue the process. I did not hear back for two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as: How did you hear about this opportunity, what do you know about the company, and asked me to elaborate on a few projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Critical Mass (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Critical Mass contacted me directly, having heard good things from others. There was a quick exploratory call with HR followed by a 30-minute call with an Experience Design Manager, where we reviewed some of my work samples and decisions and then discussed their project needs. It seemed like a fit for the both of us so we both said yes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Critical Mass in December 2014.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, then an in-person (1:1) interview. I got called about two weeks after applying. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. The 1:1 took less than an hour.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Interview

Talked with recruiter over phone and got on-site interview with hiring managers. The interview questions are very basic and they were very willing to share more about their company.

Interview Questions

• Most are basic questions. What's your comfortable working style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with HR and two hiring managers. Then, I went into the Chicago office for a case presentation. got a reply back from HR saying the team was impressed, but I never heard anything else after that. I emailed HR to follow-up, but they never responded. The least HR could have done was responded to my email or let me know the status. I spent time on the case study and took time off work to go in the Chicago office. HR obviously does not care about people or their time. It appears the agency went through a major round of layoffs (approx. 30 employees), which they will probably deny. I'm glad I didn't get the job because it appears the agency is unstable. Please avoid this agency unless you are prepared to be laid off and have a large emergency savings.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

Easy, There was a phone screening and then they handed over a case study that was to be presented to the entire team. Before that talked to two people from the teams.

Marketing Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a Phone Interview, and the lady over the phone asked me 7 or 8 questions. Not hard if you get prepared. I've got over nervous when talking. I realized she didn't follow what I am saying, which made me felt even worse.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all the candidates?/ Why do you think you are qualified?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Cupertino, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email from internal recruiter to set up time to speak. I waited by the phone during the time we had scheduled. I never received a call. I followed up with emails to find out if they wanted to reschedule or if the position had already been filed. No response.

Interview Questions

• What time are you free for a call to discuss the position?   1 Answer

Critical Mass Response

Dec 2, 2018 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience with scheduling time with our recruiter, but want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about what happened. Our recruiter was unexpectedly... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

A phone screening with the recruiter, then two 20 min in person interviews and a case study presentation. The in person and presentation were a two hour, one time, things.