Critical Mass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.6

Event Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

A total joke. Looked like a casting call for a low-budget film. Waiting room of 20 people, none of which looked professional. The building didn't even have a sign on it. Looked like an old, abandoned office space from the 1990's. Small, smelled bad, and the opposite of professional.

Interview Questions

• Where you saw yourself in 2 years/5 years.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

Do NOT fall for this scheme. The second interview has you working on site at a "retail event" for 6+ hours. My task was to walk around Walmart. Completely ridiculous.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with HR and two hiring managers. Then, I went into the Chicago office for a case presentation. got a reply back from HR saying the team was impressed, but I never heard anything else after that. I emailed HR to follow-up, but they never responded. The least HR could have done was responded to my email or let me know the status. I spent time on the case study and took time off work to go in the Chicago office. HR obviously does not care about people or their time. It appears the agency went through a major round of layoffs (approx. 30 employees), which they will probably deny. I'm glad I didn't get the job because it appears the agency is unstable. Please avoid this agency unless you are prepared to be laid off and have a large emergency savings.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from an HR rep shortly thereafter about setting up a phone screen. The first call was basically just introductory stuff. Any time I asked a targeted or specific question I was told that it would be covered in the next interview (which from get go they seemed to be offering). I interviewed 1:1 in person with a member of the strategy team about two weeks later. I didn't hear anything for a month and assumed they had gone with someone else. Then I got a phone call telling me I had the job and had about 3 days to decide. There was a little bit of confusion and miscommunication with the HR team (the rep I interviewed with was not the one who I was communicating my decision to) but it was sorted out.

Interview Questions

• Why, with your background are you interested in this? (I don't have an ad background)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. They gave me 3 days to make up my mind but after they were late on the official offer (which came separately from the phone call) they gave me another few days to decide.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Interview

Talked with recruiter over phone and got on-site interview with hiring managers. The interview questions are very basic and they were very willing to share more about their company.

Interview Questions

• Most are basic questions. What's your comfortable working style?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Critical Mass in December 2014.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, then an in-person (1:1) interview. I got called about two weeks after applying. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. The 1:1 took less than an hour.

Information Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

Contacted via phone due to personal recommendation. Spoke with HR over phone. Met with Account Manager in local coffee shop. Was offered within 2 weeks. It was both personal and professional, but I was expecting more in-depth analysis of my experience and expertise. Things were probably accelerated due to pressing project needs and particular skills they needed in the roster.

Interview Questions

• Standard bevy: toughest challenges to overcome, strengths, weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was immobile, as they said the home office salaries were tiered lower than standard pay in my location. it was fair pay, but they didn't budge.

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Long but casual talk with recruiter/HR in another office, then met with an account manager to discuss ideas, role and responsibility. Asked and answered lots of things about experience, vision, skills and strengths. Discussed a great deal about the client and interacting with them. Had some really good coffee.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult work experience you can remember and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty firm on the offer, even when I did a soft poke to see if they were flexible. It was reasonable, but didn't hurt to try.

Associate Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

The tone was on the outside casual and relaxed, but the employers are paying close attention to answers and details. Everyone was dressed business casual (which I highly recommend you do too). I met with a few of department heads in a conference room, where they interviewed in a mostly conversational manner.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Critical Mass (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Having read the reviews on Glassdoor, I appreciated the interview would be interesting at best. The interviewer had been promoted to a very senior position after 3 months of freelancing and was looking for someone to help.

At my level of experience, interviews are usually conversational and very honest. However, from the very moment I was picked up from reception, the interviewer acted awkwardly, pulled a face and it was an uphill battle from there.

The deep breath and glare, as my CV was opened, set the tone. Definitely the worse interviewer I have come across in the last 6 years and possibly 12 years. The interviewer did not prepare more than two questions or ask anything specific about my CV. Very strange and lucky escape, as this person would have been my line manager!