Critical Mass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was split in 3 parts, the initial interview which lasts about 5 minutes, the 2nd round which is about 5 hours of tasks given by a team leader. Which I kind of enjoyed but was stressful. I was asked to find an item at our location and rebrand it and try to sell it to the interviewer along with other tasks. The 3rd part is reconvening with the executive and going over why you learned and how you could fit the company. The team leader made me feel unwelcomed and like an outsider. The executive kept flashing salaries in my face and made it seem like money was the only thing they cared about even when I expressed personal things he brushed it off and basically implied that I should just work a job that pays a bunch no matter what my life goal was. Something that really bothered me was that I applied for CUSTOMER SERVICE at least that's what the ad said but when I got there for the 2nd round interview I saw, not told, but saw that if hired I would be selling xfinity internet. Nothing customer service related at all. So annoying and time wasting. Shallow company.

Marketing Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a Phone Interview, and the lady over the phone asked me 7 or 8 questions. Not hard if you get prepared. I've got over nervous when talking. I realized she didn't follow what I am saying, which made me felt even worse.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all the candidates?/ Why do you think you are qualified?   Answer Question

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with HR and two hiring managers. Then, I went into the Chicago office for a case presentation. got a reply back from HR saying the team was impressed, but I never heard anything else after that. I emailed HR to follow-up, but they never responded. The least HR could have done was responded to my email or let me know the status. I spent time on the case study and took time off work to go in the Chicago office. HR obviously does not care about people or their time. It appears the agency went through a major round of layoffs (approx. 30 employees), which they will probably deny. I'm glad I didn't get the job because it appears the agency is unstable. Please avoid this agency unless you are prepared to be laid off and have a large emergency savings.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Mass (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from an HR rep shortly thereafter about setting up a phone screen. The first call was basically just introductory stuff. Any time I asked a targeted or specific question I was told that it would be covered in the next interview (which from get go they seemed to be offering). I interviewed 1:1 in person with a member of the strategy team about two weeks later. I didn't hear anything for a month and assumed they had gone with someone else. Then I got a phone call telling me I had the job and had about 3 days to decide. There was a little bit of confusion and miscommunication with the HR team (the rep I interviewed with was not the one who I was communicating my decision to) but it was sorted out.

Interview Questions

• Why, with your background are you interested in this? (I don't have an ad background)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. They gave me 3 days to make up my mind but after they were late on the official offer (which came separately from the phone call) they gave me another few days to decide.

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Critical Mass (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Critical Mass contacted me directly, having heard good things from others. There was a quick exploratory call with HR followed by a 30-minute call with an Experience Design Manager, where we reviewed some of my work samples and decisions and then discussed their project needs. It seemed like a fit for the both of us so we both said yes.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Interview

Talked with recruiter over phone and got on-site interview with hiring managers. The interview questions are very basic and they were very willing to share more about their company.

Interview Questions

• Most are basic questions. What's your comfortable working style?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Critical Mass in December 2014.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, then an in-person (1:1) interview. I got called about two weeks after applying. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. The 1:1 took less than an hour.

Design Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Critical Mass (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Informal chat on the phone to start then informal chat in person - it was after this that I decided not to continue with the discussion. The next stage of the process would be to go in a present to other team members. The main reason was that I think they are still in the process of trying to work out what they need, it felt like it would have been quite a disorganised / unstable environment to join. Not a bad thing for those up to a challenge, it just was't the right position for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

Phone interview first, than face to face interview. Phonecall interview was basic questions like what do you know about Critical Mass. For the face to face interview, it was personality, knowledge about the company, resume review. There was no skill/technical question, questions about experiences from last work/school. 2:1 interview, at the end explain the job you will have.

Associate Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

The tone was on the outside casual and relaxed, but the employers are paying close attention to answers and details. Everyone was dressed business casual (which I highly recommend you do too). I met with a few of department heads in a conference room, where they interviewed in a mostly conversational manner.