Croda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Credit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Croda (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Didn't have one. Was told it was for a 3rd person in the accounts receivable department and even though I seemed over qualified for the position since soneone else didn't work out, I was offered a temp to permanent position. After 7 months, they make a decision based on if they were satisfied with my work. I was told I was doing a great job, repeatedly were happy with my work but on the 3rd week I was told they promoted two people (one to finance and one to the position I was supposed to be working toward). my assignment would not be going permanent and ending within 2 - 3 months, onice they hire soneone. The agency acted at first, like they knew nothing but later seemed that they knew the whole time. I wish I wasn't lied to as I would have taken the permanent position I was also offered but since it was 30k less a year I took a gamble on bigger company and my work ethic. You could image how I felt when I found the truth out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing but was told they were promoting someone and that I would move to that position until they hire a replacement. when i asked if I could apply for that position I was told I was over qualified and that she didn't want to waste her time training me for me to only leave in a few years once I get my CPA LICENSE. Also, she felt I would be going backwards as it was a lot less in pay. they wanted someone to mold and grow with the company.   1 Answer

MArketing CoOp Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Croda.

Interview

I met an HR employee at a University job fair and briefly mentioned what I was looking for. They contacted me to schedule an interview with HR, a marketing manager, and a marketing director at the facility. It lasted an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company? Why do you want to leave your current company? What did you do at your current company? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Croda (Edison, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Long-about 4 hours total (including the initial phone screen). All that I spoke to and met with were very pleasant and appeared experienced at conducting interviews. It was obvious to me that a personality and cultural fit was just as important to them, if not more so, then possessing the skills and knowledge to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• All questions were specific to my prior experience. Basically, I was asked to discuss my previous employment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Croda in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was through the HR employee based in Atlas Point, which entailed a brief phone interview including questions about interests and job details. The on-site interview lasted about two hours and consisted of a sequence of standard interview questions that were both competency-based and specific to chemistry knowledge. There were also questions about scientific method, research experience from the past, and aptitude for learning new skills. This was followed by a brief tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• This question dealt with how to go about dealing with chemistries that I hadn't encountered before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Supply Chain Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Croda (Edison, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Gave them my resume during a career fair. Emailed me for an interview and were pretty flexible with my schedule. Discussed my resume thoroughly and asked me about my experience in leading projects. Normal behavioral questions, 3 different interviews.

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Croda (Edison, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Simulated work day, not what I was expecting. Tiring, but felt different which was nice. Focused on live thinking, not just resume questions. Did have a knowledge test. Had a group session to debate for budgeting. Had to simulate answering emails and solving problems. Had to prepare a budget pitch for new technology.

Interview Questions

• Had to take a test on chemistry, math, and other general topics. Also had to prepare a budgeting and business presentation.   Answer Question

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Croda (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel of 5 interviewers asking various questions from personality, to internships, to economics. Its quite tough to get into the second round even. What I heard about second round is you have to do a presentation of yourself like what internships you did, where did you serve your national service etc. The third round, if i'm not wrong, is to meet the director or assistant director.

Interview Questions

• How is interning in a Research Institute relevant to your applied position as a Graduate Trainee?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Croda (Mexico City (Mexico)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process lasted 2 days in a Hotel. The process included several interviews, presentations and exams. The day they were supposed to tell us the result we were also expecting a reason why we WERE OR NOT selected. Days passed by and that never happened. They tried to excuse this "exercise" by saying we were networking, but maybe the missing time could be beneficial if they tell us some opportunity areas. Eventually, a way less professional lady was selected, that is why I did not regret at all getting this job.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Croda (Hull, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a three day assessment centre. The first day was fairly simple, you arrive, settle into the hotel and then in the evening, have dinner and drinks with graduates that are already on the scheme.
    Day two of the assessment centre had a a technical test, basic grammar and punctuation, logic based reasoning test. The end of the day was followed by dinner and drinks with managers currently employed by Croda.
    The third and final day, there was formal interview, group exercise and presentation test. This was followed by a tour of one of the manufacturing facilities.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Croda (Mumbai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

They were quick to reply and process my application through. The interview panel seemed a little disinterested. However, there questions were pertaining to the field of study and they showed enough interest in past accomplishments and came prepared with questions based on the CV.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on process engineering, looking at pipelines and heat exchangers   Answer Question