Crown Castle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crown Castle Interview Questions

Interviews at Crown Castle

2.9

Tower Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle in June 2020.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, 1:1 Director, 3:1 Panel with peer group,4:1 Panel Director level case study presentation. Entire process took about 30 days. With exception of the recruiter all seemed to be very robotic and dry work personalities. Key note: While shocked but not surprised that the leadership team across the board seems to lack diversity on many levels.

Interview Questions

• Case study consisted of multiple parts from leadership to budgeting. I delivered it in a PowerPoint.   Answer Question

Leader Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

From a talent management professional who should know about the science of interviewing and the hiring for culture fit, this was the worst interview I've ever seen conducted in 20 years. The interviewer was condescending, extremely bias in her views on the subject matter related to the roles and asked me NOTHING about myself or my experience. She didn't even show basic interest about who I was as a person. I am more than qualified for the role on paper and came with enthusiasm and desire to learn. Being a person who studies behavior, early on she decided who I was, judged me and then disengaged. It was so incredibly obvious and completely turned me off. I don't need the job, I was honestly interested and intrigued by the role but it was so disheartening to see people with similar background and education as me using such poor interview and interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• One behavioral question that with little context was very poorly worded and showed lack of effort and creativity.   1 Answer

Crown Castle Response

Mar 23, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It is not our intent for any candidate to have a negative experience. I'd appreciate the chance to discuss your experience in more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Applied through a recruiting company. First interview with recruiting company. Second interview with HR at crown castle. Third interview was a panel interview at Pittsburgh. Case study questions on what you would do if so and so happens.

Overall the interview was difficult in nature as they presented different questions than your typical STAR behavioral questions. But Crown Castle hires the best of the best and their interview process ensures that.

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crown Castle (Pitts, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

I met the Crown Castle team in a job fair. During the job fair they asked me about my background and my resume in general. Later that day they contacted me to schedule an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were working on a team and used your leadership skills to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time that you made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Castle.

Interview

Series of interviews with different levels of management. Great interview process. The culture was fantastic. Very focused on your personality. After third interview, got the job offer. I intend to work for this company for a very long time. Great benefits.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in telecom?   1 Answer

Financial Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crown Castle in September 2019.

Interview

Very cutthroat, you must know accounting well and some basic finance. Their are many rounds 1:1, phone call, case study, flight to headquarters. It was a good experience but they are clearly looking for people who have already learned accounting and finance and do not need to be assisted in any way.

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Campus Recruiting: First round was resume. Then on campus interview. The interview itself was not behavioral whatsoever. They had little interest in getting to know me, and more so went straight to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Gives you a pro-forma and asks you to analyze everything you can about it   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle (Houston, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

The first step was the screening call with HR. It went well and the interviewer had a lot of passion for the company. She answered my questions honestly and told me the interview process. Within a few days, it was requested I meet the hiring manager for coffee. Though it was "not a formal interview", it was a formal interview. After an hour conversation, I was told it would be a while, as I was the second person they had talked to. 2 months later, I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• What was the last professional book you read?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Castle.

Interview

Very long. Had many phone interviews and in person interview and was asked to present a case study over a hypothetical company. Asked many technical questions and field-specific questions.

Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Castle (Denver, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

A phone call interview took place first. It lasted approximately 20-25 minutes and was very pleasant, with the typical interview questions. Then a face-to-face interview took place at the local office with one interviewer in person, another teleconferenced in. Very nice and pleasant people again. Standard questions. I arrived early and they started the interview early so I didn't have to wait. I got a tour of the office. Overall, an easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you navigate your way around zoning codes and regulations for municipalities?   Answer Question