Crown Equipment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bremen, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (New Bremen, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

During an interview day, several people are asked to come in to interview. You have three different rooms set up. You spend 20-30 minutes in each room talking with 1-3 people about your interest in the company and where you would like to work. After the interview process they take you around to their display room to give you a better idea of what the company does and why you should be excited to work there.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bremen, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (New Bremen, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called immediately for an on site interview, at their headquarters, after submitting to them my application. I showed up and we discussed personal projects and other things related to my resume.

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celina, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Celina, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. No trick questions.
    HR and the engineers were very nice.
    I got the phone interview and got the on-site interview during the phone interview.
    I had an offer from another company and they understood the situation and moved the process faster.

Interview Questions

• About my welding experience   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wapakoneta, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Wapakoneta, OH).

Interview

Emailed by Human Resources to set up interview. Interviewed with the credit manager then his two supervisors and Human Resources. The interview lasted about an hour and a half they were all friendly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Hayward, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewer walked me through my resume. Made sure I had customer service experience and an extroverted attitude. Made sure I had experience with computers and programs like Outlook, Excel, and Word. Mentioned that there were additional interviews to conduct and that there would be a call to interview me with the manager's direct report. I had asked questions about training and building a career. The interviewer spoke very positively of advancing within the company.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bremen, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (New Bremen, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

It was fairly quick, it took a total
    Of 15 minutes hired on the spot, they usually
    Do a 3 step interview process, which also includes a complete drug screening, physical and complete back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Who was the most important person in the restaurant?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Hayward, CA).

Interview

This was long and uninformative. They take you through a number of test which do not reflect on the work. I was also asked to give examples of my work environment.

Interview Questions

• my experience, How much I knew about repair work and maintenance.   1 Answer

Fleet Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bremen, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (New Bremen, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different people in the fleet management department at Crown. It seemed to be an analytical type administration position but they were looking for people with accounting degrees because they tend to do well with numbers. Fairly laid back interview with basic questions. I did have to take an excel test after the interview.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Lenexa, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called by a staffing agency to interview for this company as the receptionist. There was barely anyone in the office when I arrived at Crown in Lenexa. The interviewer was pretty quiet and just asked basic questions about my resume. It didn't seem to be an impressive company and I could tell it wasn't really a place I desired to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my attendance was in previous positions. I answered with "I think..." and the interviewer called me out on it. It was difficult to tell what was an acceptable answer to that question. Don't answer anything in an interview with "I think."   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Equipment (Kinston, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume online on Dec 15 and was contacted for a telephone interview two days later. The telephone interview was conducted with the hiring manager on Dec 22. Telephone interview went well and a trip to the facility was coordinated on Jan 7th. The trip was on Jan 17th with the interview on Jan 18th.

In the interview at the facility, there were some red flags that came out immediately. The issues were not with the facility or the location (of which was in Kinston, NC) but rather with how the business was operated. Some of the questions I was asked focused on how do you handle a subordinate who does good work but will not work well with people and is verbally abusive. I explained the method used in every company I worked for where you put the person on a PIP (Personal Improvement Plan) and if they are unable to improve then you have to manage them out of the business. This did not go over well...the interviewer replied with "We do not fire people here" I knew at that point I could not work there. Some employees who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can do ANYTHING and not get fired will abuse that knowledge...and they do there.

This sentiment was later reinforced by another of the interviewers. He said "I never fear for my job....take that as you want" This is not a culture that I want to work in...I will go crazy knowing that the dead weight will drag everyone down and they absolutely will not fire people.

The travel expense reimbursement took over 10 weeks to get a check and I still do not know if I got the job because I have not heard anything back from them. I am confident that I did not get the job since they have posted the position twice on the job boards. On the bright side I did not have to turn down an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an employee that does not get along with other people but does his/her job well?   1 Answer