Crum & Forster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crum & Forster

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

In person interview. Met with multiple people from multiple disciplines. Was explained that in addition to reviewing experience for position, they were also looking at fit for corporate culture. Average interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how your experience applies to this position
    1 Answer

Crum & Forster

Application

I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

I received an email from the Sr. Talent Acquisition Advisor and he set up an interview via Zoom. The meeting that was scheduled with the Manager was on time and the interview was easy!

Interview Questions
  • Why are you wanting to leave your current job?

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Bristol, CT)

Interview

Was offered and signed job offer, given start date, never heard for three weeks then saw job was posted again. Never received a notice that they were rescinding offer. No communication, unprofessional, lack of candidate respect.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Orange, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Multiple questions about what prior employment consists of. Due to COVID interviews are digital. Interviews are about 30-45 minutes. Interviewed with the team manager and the AVP. Questions are typical for position of employment.

Interview Questions
  • How many Indemnity claims did you handle in your prior case load? Any experience with ADR claims? How many claims did you handle in your prior position?

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Detroit, MI) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process took 7 weeks in total. First interview was a typical phone screen to gauge interest in the role and past experience. After phone screen, I had an interview with the hiring manager which was super laid back -- we just went over past experience in detail and they talked about the role and team in more detail as well. Next, was an interview with the same hiring manager and another manager to ask more experience questions and behavior questions as well. My final interview was a technical round in which I had a take-home topic to study and present the information I learned regarding that topic. For the second part of the technical round I was asked to perform a specific task so the managers can see my problem solving abilities. Also, I'd like to mention that all interviews were done via video calls due to the pandemic and that my experience was unique to me and the managers interviewing me. I cannot guarantee that my process would be exactly the same as someone else's interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral questions and questions about past experience. I was also asked about my experience with the technologies and frameworks that the team I was interviewing with uses.

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster in Nov 2019

Interview

Typical interview process started with phone interview and then went to face to face meeting with group of people with whom i was going to work with. Everyone was very nice and willing to answer any and all questions i posed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (New York, NY)

Interview

I met with the AVP for an interview for the associate underwriting position. It was a very casual interview in which he spoke about the role, about the company and what he was aiming to do with the department as it sounded like it was getting much needed attention from higher ups in the company. He also brought in two other underwriters and a claims analyst for me to talk with them, which was very nice. Being able to gauge how an average person on the team feels about the company and the job was very nice and appreciated. The interview was nice and casual though. I didn't get asked about weaknesses or things like that. Why I was interested in the position, expand on experience, but it was nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Akron, OH) in Mar 2019

Interview

Initial phone interview with the manager. Second group interview with HR, Manager, QA, and Supervisor. The team was friendly and engaging, they all asked questions and I was very impressed by the environment as well: As you enter, you will note treat jars for pets as well as people. The facilities are spacious and relaxing, and the call center feels stress-free.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

The process was very quick. I spoke with a recruiter as well as the hiring manager. I had a phone interview then an in person interview. It was ver effective in determining if we were a fit fir each other

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Paterson, NJ) in Aug 2018

Interview

It was a waste of time. After a phone conversation, the interview was in the office. The interview was mostly them talking about how great the job is but not asking any questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews

Crum & Forster Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Crum & Forster as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.54 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Operation Assistant and Programmer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Operations Administrator and Underwriter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Crum & Forster takes an average of 25 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Claims Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Customer Service roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Crum & Forster according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.35%