Crum & Forster Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crum & Forster

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Orange, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Multiple questions about what prior employment consists of. Due to COVID interviews are digital. Interviews are about 30-45 minutes. Interviewed with the team manager and the AVP. Questions are typical for position of employment.

Interview Questions
  • How many Indemnity claims did you handle in your prior case load? Any experience with ADR claims? How many claims did you handle in your prior position?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Detroit, MI) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process took 7 weeks in total. First interview was a typical phone screen to gauge interest in the role and past experience. After phone screen, I had an interview with the hiring manager which was super laid back -- we just went over past experience in detail and they talked about the role and team in more detail as well. Next, was an interview with the same hiring manager and another manager to ask more experience questions and behavior questions as well. My final interview was a technical round in which I had a take-home topic to study and present the information I learned regarding that topic. For the second part of the technical round I was asked to perform a specific task so the managers can see my problem solving abilities. Also, I'd like to mention that all interviews were done via video calls due to the pandemic and that my experience was unique to me and the managers interviewing me. I cannot guarantee that my process would be exactly the same as someone else's interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral questions and questions about past experience. I was also asked about my experience with the technologies and frameworks that the team I was interviewing with uses.

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster in Nov 2019

Interview

Typical interview process started with phone interview and then went to face to face meeting with group of people with whom i was going to work with. Everyone was very nice and willing to answer any and all questions i posed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (New York, NY)

Interview

I met with the AVP for an interview for the associate underwriting position. It was a very casual interview in which he spoke about the role, about the company and what he was aiming to do with the department as it sounded like it was getting much needed attention from higher ups in the company. He also brought in two other underwriters and a claims analyst for me to talk with them, which was very nice. Being able to gauge how an average person on the team feels about the company and the job was very nice and appreciated. The interview was nice and casual though. I didn't get asked about weaknesses or things like that. Why I was interested in the position, expand on experience, but it was nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Akron, OH) in Mar 2019

Interview

Initial phone interview with the manager. Second group interview with HR, Manager, QA, and Supervisor. The team was friendly and engaging, they all asked questions and I was very impressed by the environment as well: As you enter, you will note treat jars for pets as well as people. The facilities are spacious and relaxing, and the call center feels stress-free.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

The process was very quick. I spoke with a recruiter as well as the hiring manager. I had a phone interview then an in person interview. It was ver effective in determining if we were a fit fir each other

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Richmond, VA) in May 2018

Interview

Phone screens with HR, Interviews with hiring manager, other managers. Had to supply work samples, travel for interviews etc. and was drug along in the process for months then was abruptly “ghosted”. Totally unprofessional and disrespectful. I regret wasting my time and effort.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

The entire process took over two months. A little over a month after I applied.I had phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. We spoke about my experience as it pertained to the position. It was roughly another two weeks before I had a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Crum & Forster

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crum & Forster

Interview

Interview included meeting one on one with multiple key staff members across multiple disciplines, so interview was significantly longer then other firms. Intent was to see if you fit into corporate culture.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty standard. Most difficult was making sure you were hitting all of your key points during the multiple interviews while keeping each interviewers objectives in mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crum & Forster (Hartford, CT) in Mar 2017

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an in person interview then a second interview is required with the manager/Boss of that office. After the in person interview I was informed that Boss was out of town and he returned the following week for second interviews. When I followed up I was told it would be another week. It was two weeks from my initial interview and another phone call that I was asked for a second interview. Not even 24 hours after being asked to schedule a second I was called and told someone else was chosen. The process was unorganized and extremely unprofessional. This is a branch of the company so I hope the other offices do not lead on their other candidates to only abruptly tell them someone else was chosen.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews