Cub Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

1.8

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Crystal, MN).

Interview

The hiring process was super quick I applied towards the end of the week was called the following Monday. Setup the interview via phone. The interview was low pressure management was very nice. Got hired on the spot contingent on the background check going through.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month ago and received a call to set up an interview. Interview was the next day and I was hired on the spot. I was not asked any long answered questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

when into a room sat down, then the manager came and gave me a packet and starting asking question. the environment was settled and calm. it was like having just a normal conversation with some one

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Meet with a district manager and human resources manager. If you pass that interview you go to upper management. Focus on people and metrics. Controlling shrink is a major focus.Three major company focuses at this time are: improving Voice of the Customer scores, Controlling Shrink, and reducing Out of Stocks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Overnight Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cub Foods.

Interview

I signed up online at their SuperValu site. After about 2-3 weeks I received an email to contact a number to have a phone interview. They told me the positions they were hiring for and of those positions which I was most interested in. After that I was contacted and emailed the interview location. I had the interview with the store director which lasted only about 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • When you and another worker have a conflict how do you go on to solving it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cub Foods.

Interview

Very standard; thirty minutes-worth of conversation. Not terribly stressful. I had a 1:1 interview with the Store Director, though other times I hear of interviews being held with department managers instead. Wear formal attire, of course, and there is no need to bring materials/portfolio with you. Just show that you are customer-oriented and that you are good at addressing their needs and patient.

Interview Questions

• Give an experience that challenged you, and describe how you rose to the challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

They called me back a week after I turned my application in and set up an interview right away. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to, it went great. He sent my information to his HR and I got a call the same day of the interview saying I got the job and I accepted. The people working in this company seem to be very friendly and easy going, I think it'll be a great part time job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses when working a job?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you showed great customer service and 'wowed' a customer.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Stillwater, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Three people interviewed me. On was from operations, one from Human Resources, and the third was the bakery director. They had sent me the types of questions they would ask so I could prepare. They really were not tough questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

They were really quick and straight to the point about calling you about an interview, flexible about scheduling the interview, and haste about sending over the correct documents on email.
    I really liked that.
    I met my interviewer, he was friendly, I didn't feel intimidated. Process was quick and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• "Describe one time you gotten great customer service from another store.".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Northfield, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant store director. He was great. He was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. The interview took about an hour because we talked so much about how the world of retail works.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a customer that needs assistance.   1 Answer