Cundall Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cundall

2.9

Graduate Building Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cundall (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a pleasant atmosphere where you are mainly asked about your background. The questions where mainly focused on your personality and in your CV. Projects that you have done and previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you noitce in an on-site building inspection. What may be your proposals.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cundall (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview was in the London office with a Director and the Chairman of the Partnership. Turned into a quite a long conversation (almost 2 hours) going in details of my previous job, responsibilities and skills and discussing in detail the requirements of the role I was interviewed for. Very friendly and laid back atmoshpere.
    The day after the interview, I was called to come back to the office to meet and speak to more of the team (an Associate and Senior Associate) and discuss more details of the role requirements. It was a very positive and again friendly follow up interview, finalized with handing in the draft offer.

Interview Questions

• What problems in design management and coordination have you come across in your work and how did you deal with it?

What tools did you use for design management and coordination?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cundall.

Interview

emailed my CV directly to the company. the position wasn't officially advertised so I resent my CV a couple of times. once they did have a position they asked me to come around for 1-1 interview which lasted about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• mostly was asked about my CV, projects I've worked on; how do I see my career.
      Asked about one building I want to visit and why   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cundall (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Communications started through a recruiter and I heard back after a week of handing in my CV. I was told of the interview one week in advance.

The interview lasted approximately 25 min. The people conducting the interview included the office director (partner) and one associate that was head of sustainability. I was mainly asked to walk them through my CV and then on specific points on my resume and anything else I could add.

The interviewers seemed very busy and as if the interview was being taken in a hurry.

Interview Questions

• Describe an electrical engineering design project that you have undertaken.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cundall (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Invited to assessment centre at London office following successful online tests.
    Centre started at 10am with introduction and briefing for the day:

-Split into 2 groups and separated to do the same activity, which I assume assessed your cooperative skills, involving trading cards to meet everyones set goal.

-Email writing exercise, where you are given information on a project and have to summarise to your manager. There weren't enough laptops to go around so we had to write it out, which wasn't ideal.

-Technical test, which tested knowledge on some power related principles as well as renewables e.g. how do you calculate power factor, power factor correction, what renewable sources to use in a situation.

-Attention to detail, given a single floor plan as well as information sheets on machines used in building, have to identify discrepancies between the two.

lunch

-Interview, interviewer introduced himself, explained has list of questions to ask and notes your answers.

-Presentations (on an engineering challenge you've faced), groups alternate between presentations and interviews so I only presented to 4 candidates and 2 assessors, questions on the presentation focused on the reasoning behind your solution.

I think i did okay in the card game, email writing exercise, I think i did badly in the technical test. Attetnion to detail was quite good i would say. I think i did best in interview and presentation.

Result is i recieved the offer within 7 days, and accepted.

Advice is to focus on process rather than technical detail in presentation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where someone in a team disgreed with you, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cundall (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Standard online application form, followed by an online assessment and an assessment centre. The activities at the assessment centre consisted of a group exercise, an email writing test, a technical test, a presentation (prepared before-hand) and a 1 on 1 competency-based interview. All the activities were focused on the core competencies of the role - Verbal and written communication, teamwork, problem solving, time management and conflict resolution. The general atmosphere was very relaxed and interactive.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cundall (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well managed and organised throughout the 5 hour period. As far as I remember there were only masters students, so I am assuming that they mainly consider master students as it is a consultancy firm, requiring strong knowledge and communication. Most of the candidates had experience and some were already working in other firms therefore, competition was really strong. Interview was competency based and involved a very relaxed conversation with the interviewer. He looked through my CV and asked questions on many competency aspects. An email writing exercise on paper was bizarre, however, they must have a way of testing candidates. The presentation was presented in front of assessors and the candidates, where I was able to understand how strong the competition is. Finally a technical test which was challenging and an easy group exercise to conclude the day. I would not say that I am disappointed in not being selected as there were very experienced candidates and the only chance I had to make an impression was through my ability to deal with the interview and how I approached all the exercises. Interview difficulty was average apart from the technical test which was a little more challenging.

Their London office is in a very good location and the building is really nice. Free lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell us when you faced technical challenge and how you dealt with that?
      Three mainstream RES technologies.
      Why consultancy? Why Cundall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cundall (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got invited for an interview at their office in London, after the closing date. I had two interviews before being offered a position, which were both very technical but at the same time felt relaxing. Their office is very modern and the people reflect a very healthy and positive working environment, which is a big plus. Overall a very smooth and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform a daylight analysis?
      Which type of software are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cundall (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application, then general intelligence assessments online, final step was an assessment centre. Process took 2 months, assessment centre was difficult and included an interview, email writing task, technical test, attention to detail test, group exercise and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• General questions about cv, placement and university. Questions about communication and teamwork skills, what role do you take in a team.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cundall (Newcastle, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to the Graduate Scheme via an online application, upon which I was invited to complete an online psychometric test. Thereafter I did a quick phone interview before being invited on to the final stage, the graduate assessment center.

The online application was similar to other forms which large engineering companies ask graduates to complete. The psychometric test was somewhat easier that what I have found with competitors. I was quite nervous before the phone interview but it turned out to be quite low pressure and I found it fairly easy.

The assessment center consisted of an interview with a Partner of the company, a group exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and a technical test. I found the assessment center to be quite similar to others I attended, perhaps slightly easier.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to manage a project where a disagreement between team members occurred.   Answer Question