Cover image for Custom Ink

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Custom Ink Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 138 of over 138 interviews

Recruiter3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Flower Mound, TX)

Interview

Literally you will go thru five different interviews, first is the on the phone interview with the Hr lady asking you questions to get a feel for who you are (which is normal) call will last about thirty minutes. Then she will say okay I’m going to set up an interview with the GM and myself, along with you to do a pretty normal interview on the phone virtually. After that you will have to be selected to do a third which they bring you to the facility it’s a four hour interview where you do a walk thru of the facility. Then they take you to a room with about 9 other people who have nothing to do with anything. It’s going to be every one including the project manager in the room interviewing you, and other managers watching you on the tv screen who will be asking you questions also .. so you will be talking to nine different people in no type of order just asking you questions. After the first hour you then have to interview with the actual managers that are in the role you’re applying for, that’s another hour, and then after that they will bring back a few people from the nine you interviewed with at the first hour and then your final interview will be with the hr manager and some other people who interviewed you the first time along with the nine you first sat in the room with. It was a waste of time and drive. I’m not mad I didn’t get the job I’m more mad at they made me go thru all of that just to ask me the same 100 questions over and over worded differently. Interviewing for a management position should not take all of that, there was no organization literally sat waiting on people to come up with questions to ask and then sat waiting on the team members to show up. Just for them to say we chose someone else. Companies really will waste your time taking you thru several interviews when they know and can determine if they want to hire you or not after the first and second interview. Should not take five interviews ….

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for the position of associate production manager
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Fairfax, VA)

Interview

Pretty straight forward, screening interview, then 1-2 higher level interviews which also consisted of some task based testing to see how you fared in a situation similar to your general work duties.

Interview Questions
  • I had to do a sample call with a customer where I would review an order with them to make sure we addressed all pertinent issues before moving forward to production. the call was meant to judge demeanor with clients, attention to detail, etc.

Custom Ink

Application

I interviewed at Custom Ink

Interview

It was open and honest. They'll say they don't interview based off of no structure however remain professional. Be yourself because the job is more of being physically able to work and preparing to do so.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Arlington, VA) in Jan 2023

Interview

First interview with the recruiter, second with the hiring manager and third with the recruiter and the hiring manager. Third interview consisted of standard questions they ask all of their candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What would your former supervisor say about you? What were the low points of your former positions? What were the good points of your former positions? Will ask about tassks were performed in former positions.

Custom Ink

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Custom Ink in Nov 2022

Interview

Got contacted via LinkedIn. Went through an initial phone call interview to discuss previous experience, strengths, non negotiables, the role day to day duties and vision for the role. Spoke with hiring manager, did not speak with any employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little bit about your professional background in PR and SEO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Austin, TX) in Oct 2022

Interview

Applied and got a phone interview request within 24 hours. A week later when I had the call the recruiter was 5 minutes late calling me and sounded like she was on speaker phone the entire call. She asked me very little questions and dominated the interview. I had to stop her to ask some of my questions and share my experience. Then she ended the call after saying “I have a bunch more questions to ask you but we’re out of time.” She was late and ended the call 2 minutes early. I was rejected and can’t even guess why because she didn’t learn anything about my skill set in my interview. As a seasoned recruiting manager this was not a positive candidate experience. I also got a rejection a week later that said I was rejected after the application process with grammatical errors throughout. My feedback is their recruiters need training on a better candidate experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Richmond, VA) in Oct 2022

Interview

Over the course of several months I had 5 interviews/phone calls with various members of the team. The recruiter kept in constant contact with me by texting weekly with updates or questions. Then at the end of the process I was told “we are waiting to hear back from the Financial Team”. A few days later I get a generic email that they went with another candidate. I was strung along and lied too. For a company that prides itself on “culture” and “employee experience/satisfaction” this is a new low.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Las Vegas, NV) in Jul 2022

Interview

4 interviews total over the course of 4 weeks: 1. HR, 2. Sr. Manager, 3. Sr. Manager & 2 Sales Managers, 4. Director. The first two were pleasant and I could definitely see myself working there. The person who would have been my boss had a very similar style to my own. While he said they had aggressive goals for the year, the percentage he gave me was absolutely achievable. For round three, I was pleasantly surprised to have 3 women interview me. It was a firing-squad style that quickly made me question the culture of the company. They asked several different ways how I would handle "difficult" employees. This was a job to manage adult account executives, not young hourly employees. During the final interview, I realized they were hiding a "burnout" culture. The director was on vacation while interviewing me and said they were looking for 40% growth for the year- this was double what the Sr. Manager had said. She was visibly annoyed when I asked about the company culture they promote.

Interview Questions
  • How I would handle "difficult" employees? Asked to explain my sales process in great detail. How would I deliver bad news? How to get employees to move forward/be more productive if they were unhappy with policies set by the company?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2022

Interview

The interview consisted of an application 2 assessments and 3 interviews. One of the interviews and one of the assessments were an hour long as well. An hourly, glorified retail position with benefits does not justify such an extensive interviewing process. I wasted 5 hours of my time and canceled 2 trips because they led me to believe I had the position during the final interview. Normally, I don't go out of my way to leave poor reviews. --But this is a special case because reached out to ask for feedback as to why I did not receive the position and they ghosted me. It was a complete waste of my time. I will be telling folks to avoid supporting this business moving forward because they didn't even have the decency of giving me feedback after wasting so much of my time. Do not work for them. They also don't seem to have much of a work/life balance because none of the team members could answer that question honestly. I'd give them more thumbs down if I could.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Custom Ink?

Custom Ink

Application

I interviewed at Custom Ink

Interview

It was a few different interviews with different people. They will all very nice and had passion and interest in what I had to say and for their company and jobs. This is a very special company and I would be thrilled to join it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 Interviews

Custom Ink Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Custom Ink as 52.9% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior CopyWriter and Corporate Strategy rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Intern - Hourly roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Custom Ink takes an average of 23.61 days when considering 138 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Team Environment Coordinator had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Contract Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Custom Ink according to 138 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.79%