Custom Ink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Custom Ink Interview Questions

Interviews at Custom Ink

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Custom Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

I wasnt initially called by HR on time. I waited for around 10 minutes and eventually mailed to the person saying to reschedule if not possible. Then I got a call immediately within few minutes. My interview almost went for an hour . I was interviewed by a person from HR team.I did do well and was not selected for the next round.I got a mail from HR saying they have pursued strong candidates a
    blah blah ....Guys if you want to hire out of state candidates or internationals then just dont invite for an interview.Simple.Dont waste candidates time who has a lot of passion for your company and the role.Its disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Just typical HR questions about past experiences and projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screen was simple with standard about us / about you / interest in the company.

Second interview was a video chat with an individual whom needed better interviewing skills. Very uninterested with what I had to say about my experiences. The individual couldn't comprehend my responses to the Q&A if I didn't provide the exact word(s) that he must have copied from google. After multiple eye rolls and asking me to rephrase my answer to something that matched his sheet, the interview ended abruptly without explanation.

I'm glad I wasn't offered a position after this experience but I fear the company will continue having a hard time finding good fit without some oversight from a more experienced engineer in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's the pro(s) and con(s) of a relational db vs document db?   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Sparks, NV) in January 2020.

Interview

The phone interview with HR was great. I was scheduled an in person interview that week. That’s when it went downhill. The 2 people interviewing me were 30 minutes late. It was clear from the start they had no idea what they were doing. They mainly asked questions about how to sell, almost like they themselves were looking for training on how to do their jobs. Then I was shuffled into a cubicle to do an assessment while another (disinterested and unfriendly) person watched. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. I could tell that this was a sales team of amateurs, and have a long way to go.

Direct Response Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Fairfax, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

Long! 5 parts - phone screening, hiring manager call, personality test, deep-dive background video call, all day in person. There is clearly some culture issues just judging by how they cared more about your current office culter then the skills you brought to the table.

Key Account Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Lorton, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long. I had one phone interview, one video interview, an assessment, and in person with two panels for 3 hours. The frustrating part was through out the interview the feedback they had for me was they were all concerned I wasn’t internal. If you knew you wanted to go that route why waste my time knowing that was your concern. When you get feedback like that you already know they are going to move internal.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink in September 2019.

Interview

Very thorough in their process, had 2 rounds with the HR and the Hiring Manager virtually before they called me in for a final round. There was an exercise I had to complete before I went in for the final round.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Fairfax, VA) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was smooth and the recruiter was very friendly. They kept me informed throughout the entire process. The overall process took a long time though, for which they apologized.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink (Fairfax, VA) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
    Took an online assessment - math, english, best fit
    Video call with VP & Person the role would report to
    Face to Face with Recruiter, VP, and person the role would report to
    Interview process was messy, they clearly do not know the type of candidate they are looking for - they had the audacity to pull out a document with questions - completely was turned off - it's like they were making up things as they went - very disorganized HR process - oh and one last thing - very few minorities in the office.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Ink.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a virtual interview with the hiring manager, in-person interview with the hiring manager and Recruiter, half-day interviews with team and managers. The Recruiter I worked with stayed on top of it and made the process go smooth and provided guidance throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this role? Why were you hired into your previous roles? Who were your previous managers and what would they tell us about you?   Answer Question

Interview

Amazing people. Beautiful call center. Tour of property, typing test, computer test, verbal interview, listened to live calls. I was so impressed with everyone I met. Environment was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a call where you solved someones problem on the first call   Answer Question