KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Cuvva Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

In Person9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Cuvva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuvva

Interview

casual and informal. The hiring manager was nice and open about the process and the company. It was not very technical but you need to talk about your experience. There was a test afterwards

Interview Questions
  • why you would like to join?
    Answer Question

Cuvva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuvva in May 2022

Interview

The interviewer seemed cold and uninterested with your answers. He kept repeating questions to which i 've already answered. When asked about the role or daily routine and culture in the office, he gave generic answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cuvva

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cuvva in May 2022

Interview

I've read all the comments, but decided to give it a try. Guess what, I also had a negative experience with Cuvva. Initially, I stated that I was only available for full remotes from the EU. In each stage of the interviews, from EM to CTO to CEO, I have reiterated it. There were no objections. But they sent me offers for on-site and hybrid with the condition of coming once a month and upon request. This is a small detail that says a lot. The CTO who first contacted me through LinkedIn no longer responds to my messages. My conclusion is that the company manipulates the candidate from the very beginning. This reveals what is really going on behind fancy marketing facades. In addition, you should know that they have a so-called transparent salary model.You will be assigned a level (1-7) within the company. With salary 74-94k GBP. Therefore, they don't bargain on offers, and you're unlikely to get a promotion exceeding 4k a year. Also there was 4 months probation and a point that they can decrease your salary after performance review.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Please tell me the message brokers you've worked with.

Cuvva

Application

I interviewed at Cuvva

Interview

The process took more than 4 weeks for just 2 rounds. Besides, the interview scheduling was bad. I was told there are two interviews in 2nd round but the contents were switched. Confusing and really bad experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cuvva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuvva

Interview

The process was fairly lengthy. It consisted of a few interviews plus a trial shift. If you were successful in these you would finally be interviewed by the CEO. Also received feedback on application/interviews via email. Nonetheless the questions were quite generic and easy, and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cuvva (London, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

TL;DR Waste of time, they will just come up with a random reason and will ghost you without any feedback after 1 month of process. Initial interview got cancelled 2 hours before the agreed time. Rescheduled one was just talking about my previous experiences and Cuvva's hiring process. After that I got an email them saying I didn't have much stuff on GitHub whereas their developers has none which was very weird. I open sourced some codes then they finally sent me the technical challenge. I finished the technical challenge and got an email saying the team was impressed therefore would like to meet me. Technical review was 90 minutes and I only had the last 11 minutes for my questions. There were all sorts of questions; fluffy HR ones, read the code ones, technical process ones etc. Don't think it as a conversation, it was not. They were asking questions non-stop. Most of the questions were way too general, it was obvious that they haven't bothered to answer any of it themselves. One of the team member was keep asking mind reading questions where I had to think the exact, I mean exactly the same, answer he had in his mind. Afterwards I got an email from HR saying they would like to talk to me about team's feedback for 10 minutes. Wait a second, 10 minutes for 1 month? The HR person called me using mobile, naturally there were mostly dropped words in the sentences. I tried to hear their reasons about not moving forward with me. Some of the things I heard was "red flag" "enthusiastic about new technologies" etc. I mean color of the flag obviously should be brown due to quality of the reason itself. I also tried to give feedback about their technical interview being too long etc. however HR person stopped giving me the amazing feedback(!) and asked me to email my feedbacks in written. I emailed them asking for their feedback in written first aaand now they're ghosting me. So watch out for these people. They're trying to learn everything from you without giving anything back. Do not waste any time.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuvva (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Unrespectful since from the start. I've got first an email saying that I've got refused. One week later, I've got another email asking for a chat (like what happened?) Ok, then I've had a chat with the recruiter and they sent me a take home test. The take home test is just horrible, with a really bad json and you have to solve all the problems in the front (something that could never happen in real problems). Then, I've spent my time to make it, using good patterns of iOS, respecting the architecture they've proposed there, making good dependency injections and avoiding filtering with double for - using compactMap and filters, reusable and good codes. What you get back? a horrible feedback, with not good arguments, really very weak explanations that would even break concepts of SOLID. Really seems that the engineer of the other side is not able to recruit anyone, that hes expecting a template of a software that only he knows it and anything different he refuses. What a strange culture, proves its not a good place to work on. Its a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Its a take home test, a really bad one with a bad architecture MVVM using combine and SwiftUI and you cannot change it, you have to complete some methods and thats it. If you change any struct or anything, you're refused. Its a waste of time.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuvva (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted shortly after. First interview was with the Head of Research. She is clearly very passionate about what she does and our conversation was great. After our chat, I felt the salary band was low based on other similar roles at similar-sized companies, especially with some of the job req being outside of a normal UXR role (market research/behavioural science) so I asked if there was flexibility before moving forward. Unfortunately, there wasn't so I decided to pass. Disappointed they weren't more flexible, especially if they are on the brink of series B, but oh well.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the research methodologies you've used on a product before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cuvva (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Cuvva's hiring process is the epitome of what it means to offer a fantastic candidate experience. The interviews, the task, the interactions - everything was really well-thought-out. The key highlights for me were: - Eleni! She took the time to call me, as opposed to simply emailing, after every stage of the process. She did email too - with very helpful advice - but the calls made such a big difference to me. - Riva! Riva went above and beyond to coach me through the process and offer helpful feedback and advice. She truly made it for me! - The rest of the Cuvva team. Everyone I encountered seemed genuinely lovely and passionate about what they do. It was refreshing! Cuvva's hiring process is on the longer side, but I wasn't left waiting for decisions to be made and things moved quickly. I would encourage everyone to interview for a role at Cuvva. The business is doing incredibly well and you'll no doubt have a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuvva (London, England)

Interview

Exceptionally good experience. The team were thoughtful, considered and detailed in their communication at each stage. They kept me well informed along the way and I never felt like I’d been left hanging. Their approach showed me just how much they care about their team and left me feeling excited to work with them.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a time that you received constructive feedback that you agreed with - and also a time where you didn’t agree.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews