DAVACO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DAVACO Interview Questions

2.1

Field Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVACO in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter that initiated my application was altogether professional, thoroughly explaining the hiring process, patiently answering my questions, transparent about plusses and minuses of a Davaco position, friendly and polite.
    My next step was Skype interview with the director of operations. Same professionalism and transparency.
    A senior vp also called me to discuss the position and was more than cordial.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I split the middle on salary range for my position.

Foreman Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVACO (Temple, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a recruiter after applying, then skyped the second interview with the VP Ops, then rest of onboarding done online via email. Tools expected to have and travel with is ridiculous. EVERYONE is a Foreman Lead.... No true Lead or Foreman work. Basically a Gaggle with whatever needing to be done within the time constraint as wanted to be done, no process. Hotels ok, I lucked out and had a cool roommate, plus we worked different shifts so hardly seen him.

Interview Questions

• Have you Supervised a work site before?   1 Answer

P/T Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DAVACO.

Interview

She was very nice but wouldn't let me ask many questions. It was very rushed and wouldn't really let me speak. She was very detailed in what the position entailed though.

Interview Questions

I don't want to work for someone who won't listen and has bad communication

Lead Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAVACO (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called first, gave basic info and wanted to know if interested. Said yes, and said he would set-up a SKYPE Interview with a Project Manager. Took a few days to set it all up. Interviewer was on time and polite. Basic checklist questions regarding your construction and supervisory skills. Nothing to difficult. Explained some on how the job worked, (Lot of Travel) Made an offer, I accepted.
    Back to recruiter to get all your on-boarding paperwork.(Days). Whole nine yards on background/drug check,E-verify,drivers lisc.,etc. Still in the process now, 2 weeks already.

Interview Questions

• Basic construction questions (level 5 Drywall), commercial jobs history, travel   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked how much I wanted, gave a number, he accepted.

Lead Foreman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DAVACO.

Interview

very detailed and helpful every thing explained to the point I had no questions and was guided in a direction that if I was qualified I had a good prospect of representing in future projects they conduct a very intense background check mvr check drug test so if you think you can fake your way thru you are wasting your time

Interview Questions

• it was a lot of things asked to establish qualification , know your stuff   1 Answer

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVACO (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was short and sweet very direct and to the point. I had lots of prior experience so it was very easy for me. The employee I met with 2 as very sweet and answered any questions I had. It was not intimidating at all as some others have been in the past.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability and willingness to travel?   1 Answer

PT Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DAVACO (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application in December. The response time for emails was very long and after months of emails I only now have received an email from a hiring manager to conduct a Skype interview. I guess the person I had emailing back and forth for months was only a recruiter. I really wanted this job and was excited about it but after 3 months of waiting I have found a similar position with a different company and didn't continue with my application.

Lead Carpenter Foreman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DAVACO.

Interview

Initial interview with a HR Recruiter. 30 minutes. We covered relevant experience and the general requirements of the position were explained wellI. I was not sold on any benefits; of the position, of accepting employment with Davaco. I had opportunities to engage in conversation and ask questions.

The second interview was with a Field Supervisor. Less than 20 minutes. Again the tone of the interview centered around assessing my wiliness to work nights, share accommodation and grind away night in and night out. It was a standard interrogation / defensive "prove yourself" interview. I had no opportunity to ask the questions I had prepared. Little to no opportunity to engage in conversation. I ask for the position and was told "I don't know about this one."

Both interviewers stated concerns about the fact I had been out of trade work for five years from 2009-2014. Ignored the fact I wanted 3rd shift 100% travel work with gaps of employment.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know what level 5 sheet rock finish is?"

This is a yes or no question. It does little to assess the skill set or competence of the applicant.

Perhaps "How do you get to level five on an eight hour job?" is more relevant.
      Answer Question

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter. He saw my resume on NARMS. I filled out the online app and a week later I picked up a rental car and drove to California.

Interview Questions

• My resume told him everything he needed to know. He just wanted to know if I could travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. He said they paid 12 dollars an hour 20 dollars per diem a day, 50 dollars for weekend layovers, 10 dollars per hour travel time and gas reimbursement

Construction Superintendent Interview

Interview

There was one interview in a hotel lobby near O'Hare airport in Chicago. The one-on-one interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. This was generated by a response to a notice received from a job website.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult work-related situation I've ever encountered.   Answer Question