DHI Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very professionally done. There was a phone screen that lasted 30 minutes, and this was followed up by an in person interview with the project manager and applications development manager. Questions asked during the interview were relevant. This position was applied to through a recruiter who regularly recruits for DHI and scheuling was handled by him. I was clearly told that results would be out only in 2 weeks time since it’s policy to interview all candidates. There was no negativity whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult stakeholder ?   1 Answer

Mortgage Mastery Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

My resume was walked up to the coordinator over the Mortgage Mastery Trainee class and so I was called back right away. Initially everything seemed to be great...a little too great! Once it was explained to me how the program worked I was even more excited about the possible opportunity...I showed a strong interest in the training department but when I was called for an interview it seemed as though the manager was trying to discourage me from moving forward RED FLAG...it also seemed that salary was an issue. How are you offering a position but cannot disclose the salary? RED FLAG. I left the interview feeling unsure and then exactly a week after my phone interview I received an email stating I did not get the position and to apply for other positions in the future. I applied for 4 positions. I called the coordinator back but of course no response. Thank the Lord for DHI for not seeing me as a match.

Interview Questions

DHI Mortgage Response

Nov 16, 2017 – Compliance Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your interview experience with DHI Mortgage. We're sorry to hear of the experience you've described. At DHIM we focus on a strong hiring... More

Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received call for an interview 2 days later. The following week the interview was at a DFW location. There were 3 managers and one branch manager in the interview. They all explained what to expect with the position and asked questions based upon my resume. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be sent a profile questionnaire. The questionnaire was online and it was about 300 math, vocabulary and personality questions. I was also asked to complete a written assessment that contained about 70 questions. A week after the first interview, I was asked to come in for another interview the following week. I met with another branch manager and a team manager. They provided more details about the position and answered all of my questions. However specifics like pay, incentive plan and start date were not provided. At the end of the second interview, I was asked permission to check references and begin the background check. About two weeks after the second interview I was offered the position which I accepted. I was contacted weekly during my application process which I appreciated.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Conroe, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application. In person interview. They do a background check. Takes about 2 weeks to get back. You should know if you have the job before then though. You also have to do like a "how you like to be managed" personality test or something. it was kind of long but more or less simple an easy. did have some math questions.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The managers interviewing were very pleasant. They have you take a personality profile that includes parts that are more like an IQ Test (including hard synonyms & hard algebra)

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in handling difficult borrowers?   Answer Question

Loan Closer and Funder Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in August 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume and a few days later received an email from DHI to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was going over position but felt like more of a warning into what I was getting into instead of what's great about working at DHI. Another red flag was when I asked about salary he informed me he couldn't say. It ended up being okay at least for entry level. It is close to what's reported on here (he even told me to Google it and it would be). So I thought that was weird but I needed a job and got excited when I was asked to set up an in person interview a few days later. I was given the wrong address but still was able to find it and make it in on time. The manager I was suppose to interview with wasn't there so I interviewed with someone on her team. Made it more comfortable but would've rather have interviewed with my future boss to get a feel of management style. A couple weeks later I received an email congratulating me that I am moving on in the hiring steps and needed to fill out an application. I was confused but went ahead and filled out the app again. A few days later I got the confirmation they are moving forward with hiring me and needed to get my background check done asap. My first day was in a week away and also half way across the country at their headquarters. With a couple days before I was suppose to be flying out my background check wasn't finished and all the red flags (included reading job reviews) made me decline moving forward with DHI.

Interview Questions

Too many red flags with how the interview process went, not being able to disclose starting salary, reading reviews and being rushed halfway across the country in short notice.

Mar 8, 2016 – Compliance Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear that your interview process did not meet up to your expectations and that you declined the position. There have been several... More

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process. Took over 30 days from the time of the first interview to an offer. The process was one phone interview and two in person interviews and involved travel (not always the case) along with an online assessment and a written guideline assessment. Honestly the interview is a bit much for a processing position. If you apply online, good luck at getting a call, you will need to pressure someone on the inside to get the interview or it will never happen.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics make you successful as a processor?   Answer Question

Sep 19, 2016 – Compliance Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience in interviewing with DHI Mortgage. At DHIM we place great value on our Mission, “The Right People – The Right Way”. At... More

Loan Closer and Funder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a piece of cake. Except the fact I had to come back for a second one. Not sure why it couldn't have been done in the same interview.

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in July 2014.

Interview

My interview process began with my submission of my resume via email, and I was recommended through a referral. After exchanging emails with the interviewer, a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was basic and focused on my skills and why I would be a good fit for the Loan Officer position.

The next step in the process was an in-person interview. This was the standard interview, though I did appreciate the interviewer working to get to know my own goals. I was able to ask questions and received what seemed to be honest answers.

After this interview, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the manager who I would be working with directly. This was a brief exchange with basic conversation regarding my interest in the position and rehashing why I think I'd be a good fit.

After the interviews, if you are still in consideration for the position, you will be asked to take an online assessment. The assessment takes about an hour and can be saved and resumed later. It asks personality questions, similar to what is found in most sales positions. There is also a section to test mathematical and grammatical ability.

Next, you will fill out approval for a background and credit check. Mine took approximately 10 days to complete, after which I was offered the position. Communication throughout the process was consistent, frequent, and accommodating. I had the ability to ask questions when they arose, though I asked the ones I had at in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle difficult clients when trying to obtain specific documents necessary?   1 Answer

Circumstances at my current employer changed and I did not feel it appropriate to leave my role at this time.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

remember to Starbucks on a Sunday s
    to go over the first interview then we schedule the second the following Wednesday. then I met with the regional Hiring manager and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• they were no unexpected questions. you will have to take a work test   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them a number a little higher than what they offered and they met me in the middle