DHI Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Conroe, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application. In person interview. They do a background check. Takes about 2 weeks to get back. You should know if you have the job before then though. You also have to do like a "how you like to be managed" personality test or something. it was kind of long but more or less simple an easy. did have some math questions.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The managers interviewing were very pleasant. They have you take a personality profile that includes parts that are more like an IQ Test (including hard synonyms & hard algebra)

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in handling difficult borrowers?   Answer Question

Loan Closer and Funder Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in August 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume and a few days later received an email from DHI to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was going over position but felt like more of a warning into what I was getting into instead of what's great about working at DHI. Another red flag was when I asked about salary he informed me he couldn't say. It ended up being okay at least for entry level. It is close to what's reported on here (he even told me to Google it and it would be). So I thought that was weird but I needed a job and got excited when I was asked to set up an in person interview a few days later. I was given the wrong address but still was able to find it and make it in on time. The manager I was suppose to interview with wasn't there so I interviewed with someone on her team. Made it more comfortable but would've rather have interviewed with my future boss to get a feel of management style. A couple weeks later I received an email congratulating me that I am moving on in the hiring steps and needed to fill out an application. I was confused but went ahead and filled out the app again. A few days later I got the confirmation they are moving forward with hiring me and needed to get my background check done asap. My first day was in a week away and also half way across the country at their headquarters. With a couple days before I was suppose to be flying out my background check wasn't finished and all the red flags (included reading job reviews) made me decline moving forward with DHI.

Interview Questions

Too many red flags with how the interview process went, not being able to disclose starting salary, reading reviews and being rushed halfway across the country in short notice.

DHI Mortgage Response

Mar 8, 2016 – Compliance Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear that your interview process did not meet up to your expectations and that you declined the position. There have been several ... More

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process. Took over 30 days from the time of the first interview to an offer. The process was one phone interview and two in person interviews and involved travel (not always the case) along with an online assessment and a written guideline assessment. Honestly the interview is a bit much for a processing position. If you apply online, good luck at getting a call, you will need to pressure someone on the inside to get the interview or it will never happen.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics make you successful as a processor?   Answer Question

DHI Mortgage Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Compliance Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience in interviewing with DHI Mortgage. At DHIM we place great value on our Mission, “The Right People – The Right Way”. At ... More

Loan Closer and Funder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a piece of cake. Except the fact I had to come back for a second one. Not sure why it couldn't have been done in the same interview.

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in July 2014.

Interview

My interview process began with my submission of my resume via email, and I was recommended through a referral. After exchanging emails with the interviewer, a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was basic and focused on my skills and why I would be a good fit for the Loan Officer position.

The next step in the process was an in-person interview. This was the standard interview, though I did appreciate the interviewer working to get to know my own goals. I was able to ask questions and received what seemed to be honest answers.

After this interview, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the manager who I would be working with directly. This was a brief exchange with basic conversation regarding my interest in the position and rehashing why I think I'd be a good fit.

After the interviews, if you are still in consideration for the position, you will be asked to take an online assessment. The assessment takes about an hour and can be saved and resumed later. It asks personality questions, similar to what is found in most sales positions. There is also a section to test mathematical and grammatical ability.

Next, you will fill out approval for a background and credit check. Mine took approximately 10 days to complete, after which I was offered the position. Communication throughout the process was consistent, frequent, and accommodating. I had the ability to ask questions when they arose, though I asked the ones I had at in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle difficult clients when trying to obtain specific documents necessary?   1 Answer

Circumstances at my current employer changed and I did not feel it appropriate to leave my role at this time.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

remember to Starbucks on a Sunday s
    to go over the first interview then we schedule the second the following Wednesday. then I met with the regional Hiring manager and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• they were no unexpected questions. you will have to take a work test   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them a number a little higher than what they offered and they met me in the middle

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in JAX Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (JAX Beach, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Brutal they lie to you on what you are going to earn- must take app test- 5 interviews before hired- must run dont go with DHI- they call you back ask and interviewed with same persons multiple times

Negotiation

none

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviews went easily and well. Hiring was a little cumbersome with a lot of paperwork and redundant requests for information already provided.

Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHI Mortgage in July 2011.

Interview

People whp have worked their state it is a Sweat SHop!

Interview Questions

• What do you at Confrontation?   1 Answer
    • Can you work every weekend?   1 Answer

They do not treat their emplpyees with respect