DTE Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DTE Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

2 Interviews Pretty straighforward pretty east overall. Know why you want to work for DTE and how you can bring value to the company. Probable one of the harder interviews I've had and was not expecting some of the technicals thrown at me

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an Income Statement   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was slow and poorly organized. I applied for a full-time position in mid-January. Two weeks later, I was sent an online assessment, which I passed. Another six weeks went by before I was contacted about scheduling a phone screening. After the phone screening, another month went by, and I had to send reminders to the recruiter before I got any response.

Associate Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The lady interviewed me was very nice. She mainly asked questions about how to deal with different situations in a teamwork, such as "what will you do if your team member does not agree with you?"

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your team member does not agree with you.   1 Answer

Summer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

Applied to program and received phone interview. They informed that the STAR interview method will be used. An example was sent of it. Corresponded with HR rep until time of interview, and received an offer one day later

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit Beach, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit Beach, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

For the online portion of the interview, the applicant has to go through a personality screening to ensure proper fit. Team interview using the STAR method. Have someone drill using the format as applied to work situations. Every question involved STAR, and the interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example using the STAR method of a difficult decision you had to make about an issue/problem at work or school.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Hour long interview. Began with basic get to know you questions the moved into technical questions. really focused on STAR format. The technical questions focused more on your abilities and skills. Asked a lot of experience and behavior questions. There were 3 interviews and me. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to balance multiple tasks within a project   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a five question system with one interviewer. They ask you situational questions and you answer in the format, what your experience was that showed the specific trait ,what steps you took, and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you showed critical thinking.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

DTE has a very well-defined process of testing and ensuring candidates are equipped to perform the job they are applying for, which starts with a battery of standard testing for proficiency, speed, accuracy and comprehension. There is also an initial character-trait testing to discover more about how your personality will interact and/or where best you would fit in the organization. Later in the process, a background check or FBI check will be done, depending on the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• What was the most enjoyable aspect of your last job?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume to an online posting. Received an e-mail saying I had met their qualifications and was invited to take online testing for the next phase. I took their online standardized test. Afterwards I received an e-mail saying I passed that phase and would be contacted for an interview. About a week later I received an e-mail asking me to select 2 interview times. I selected some times and was e-mailed a interview confirmation and a link to fill out a background check. I went to the interview which lasted 1 hour. It was 3 people interviewing me at once using 5 standardized questions. I asked what the next step would be. They told me they would decide in a week. About 8 days later I received a form e-mail rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• All questions are standardized. Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that wasn't a team player.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

Briefly met with a recruiter at an on-campus career fair and provided my resume there. I was instructed to apply online also. Received a call about a week or two after to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I met up with one of the recruiters again at another info session and talked about the interview and she said she would put in some great words about me. About a month or so later, I got a call telling me that they have an offer for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on a team to overcome an issue. What actions did you take and what was the result? (STAR method)   Answer Question