DTE Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First you apply and have a test online. Then if you past the initial test they send a invitation for onsite testing which was kind of rigorous but I passed that only to find out I had another on site test. Passed the second one also. The test overseers were very nice people. Finally an interview. The interview uses the STAR method which is hard to follow. The interview panel were 4 people who were not the friendliest group.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They asked about 6 or 7 questions and it took me only about 30 minutes. They were very nice and were even joking with me, which made it very, very relaxed. Overall, a great experience. Don't sweat the interview just get pass the test and you'll do great. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a problematic coworker.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to adjust to your employers new policy.   Answer Question

Splicer Apprentice Interview

Interview

I took the DTE pre hiring test it took me almost one hour long 12 hours later i received a rejection letter from DTE saying they didn't need my service and the i couldn't apply for a job in a year.. it didn't say why i didn't pass neither a score or anything totally confused right now?

Student Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Got to know about this opening through an email forwarded by my professor. Applied online, a week later got a call to schedule for on site interview. It was a panel interview with 3 managers. 1 hr interview mostly just talking getting to know each other and Only asked 2 STAR method questions. Got an offer the day of.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

2 Interviews Pretty straighforward pretty east overall. Know why you want to work for DTE and how you can bring value to the company. Probable one of the harder interviews I've had and was not expecting some of the technicals thrown at me

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an Income Statement   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was slow and poorly organized. I applied for a full-time position in mid-January. Two weeks later, I was sent an online assessment, which I passed. Another six weeks went by before I was contacted about scheduling a phone screening. After the phone screening, another month went by, and I had to send reminders to the recruiter before I got any response.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three people they took me in individually and asked me a series of questions regarding the industry, tasks I would have to perform, and my overall curiosity and intrest in the industry.

Associate Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The lady interviewed me was very nice. She mainly asked questions about how to deal with different situations in a teamwork, such as "what will you do if your team member does not agree with you?"

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your team member does not agree with you.   1 Answer

Summer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

Applied to program and received phone interview. They informed that the STAR interview method will be used. An example was sent of it. Corresponded with HR rep until time of interview, and received an offer one day later

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit Beach, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit Beach, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

For the online portion of the interview, the applicant has to go through a personality screening to ensure proper fit. Team interview using the STAR method. Have someone drill using the format as applied to work situations. Every question involved STAR, and the interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example using the STAR method of a difficult decision you had to make about an issue/problem at work or school.   Answer Question