DTE Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Monroe, MI).

Interview

Asked a few questions interview questions in the STAR format and gave facts and history about the company. He mentioned the expectations for the position and described some of the daily tasks. Was a relaxed interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First you apply and have a test online. Then if you past the initial test they send a invitation for onsite testing which was kind of rigorous but I passed that only to find out I had another on site test. Passed the second one also. The test overseers were very nice people. Finally an interview. The interview uses the STAR method which is hard to follow. The interview panel were 4 people who were not the friendliest group.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They asked about 6 or 7 questions and it took me only about 30 minutes. They were very nice and were even joking with me, which made it very, very relaxed. Overall, a great experience. Don't sweat the interview just get pass the test and you'll do great. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a problematic coworker.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to adjust to your employers new policy.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible HR department. Getting into this company is nothing but luck. Do not waste your time. The HR rep knew nothing about the position, and was very rude. By far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Splicer Apprentice Interview

Interview

I took the DTE pre hiring test it took me almost one hour long 12 hours later i received a rejection letter from DTE saying they didn't need my service and the i couldn't apply for a job in a year.. it didn't say why i didn't pass neither a score or anything totally confused right now?

Student Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Got to know about this opening through an email forwarded by my professor. Applied online, a week later got a call to schedule for on site interview. It was a panel interview with 3 managers. 1 hr interview mostly just talking getting to know each other and Only asked 2 STAR method questions. Got an offer the day of.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

No Interview. The poor-performing manager has multiple fights with previous contractor, and they wanted someone to join ASAP. So there was no interview.

The lady lack of performing manager could not find an Indian replacement to the person DTE Energy fired. The recruiting agency under S3 stated that the person before did not pass background investigation -total false-

Interview Questions

• Recruiting agency did not ask any question.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

2 Interviews Pretty straighforward pretty east overall. Know why you want to work for DTE and how you can bring value to the company. Probable one of the harder interviews I've had and was not expecting some of the technicals thrown at me

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an Income Statement   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was slow and poorly organized. I applied for a full-time position in mid-January. Two weeks later, I was sent an online assessment, which I passed. Another six weeks went by before I was contacted about scheduling a phone screening. After the phone screening, another month went by, and I had to send reminders to the recruiter before I got any response.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three people they took me in individually and asked me a series of questions regarding the industry, tasks I would have to perform, and my overall curiosity and intrest in the industry.