Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Assistant City Auditor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I found this job through a career fair at my school. I left my resume at the City of Dallas booth. Within a week, I received a call from the Office of the City Auditor (Office) and had the first interview at my school. Subsequently I had a panel interview at the Office. During the panel interview, I was asked to write. A week after the second interview, I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us some example of significant findings and recommendations that you reported at the current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My counter offer was accepted.

Department Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received a call to schedule an interview 2 months after I applied for the position. The interview consisted of 4 individuals (including the hiring manager) and a total of 12 questions. At the beginning of the interview, the hiring manager read the job description and asked if I had any questions. Then they took turns asking questions. The interview lasted 1 hour.

Library Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas.

Interview

-I was interviewed by a panel of 8 library personnel (librarians and library associates) in a conference room. At that point in time, I felt like I was in front of a firing squad. They were friendly, but it still felt like a firing squad. They each asked me a question from list of 10 questions, and each time that I answered their question, they would each take lots of notes.

Interview Questions

• Q. Although you are qualified, what differentiates you from everyone else? Why should you have this position.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dallas.

Interview

2-day interview, very easy straight forward question about your goals and personality. Management and staff are very friendly. Just make sure you know what you are walking into. Ask questions and make sure you know its a door-to-door sales and marketing. It's not an office job and you are constantly in the field.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting an online application and taking a performance exam I was notified of the interview date. The interview panel consisted of three members who took turns asking questions. The entire process was intimidating but still a positive experience overall. I was emailed with the panels decision a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome stress? Describe a stressful situation you've faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Firefighter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Dallas.

Interview

Panel interview, with various members from leadership from various departments. Each panel member took turns asking questions while the other members wrote down the answers. Overall it was pretty relaxed environment and setting

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

5 panel questionaire. Some of the questions were more like a quiz of text book knowledge rather than behavioral questions. The interview process consisted of 18 questions and there were IT Managers from different departments. Some of the managers seem like they were no to interviewing

Interview Questions

• What does SDLC stand and describe the different phases?   1 Answer

Supervisor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dallas.

Interview

Uploaded resume May of 2015, Aug. 2015, and third Oct 2015.
    Never got an interview even though the job opening stayed on their job posting site for 6 months.
    Sent an email through other means trying to get someone in the Plumbing Department to at least meet with me.

Interview Questions

• Did not get any questions.   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dallas.

Interview

There are 4-5 people interviewing you. They each read a question to ask from a piece of paper. They ask a total of 13 questions. It is a very generic interview. No one is paying attention, the interviewers are texting on their phone, or eating food. It's like they are forced to be there. Once theyre done asking the questions from the piece of paper the interview is over unless you have something to ask.

Interview Questions

It doesn't seem like a place I would want to work. The people don't seem very friendly.

Senior Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online 2 months later was placed on the eligibility list. I was then called for an interview 1 week later. The interview was another week later. The interview was short and odd. They asked extremely scripted questions maybe 8-10. Then I was able to ask questions and finally they stood up handed me a piece of paper and a calculator. Complete this and return it to the front desk. So I did and then it took 4 weeks for a response. Honestly it seemed like they already had the position filled and we're just going through the motions of being able to say they interviewed.