Dark Horse Comics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dark Horse Comics

Licensing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dark Horse Comics (Milwaukie, OR).

Interview

It was the strangest experience I've ever had professionally. The very nice receptionist told me that the whole office was preparing for a big event so I should expect things inside to be a little chaotic. When I was shown in to the inner office area, it was dead silent and all the doors I saw were closed. It was so poorly lit and the decor was so minimal I wondered if the company was going out of business. I only saw one other staffer aside from the person who interviewed me, and the staffer looked like she had been crying.

The VP who conducted the interview didn't ask me any questions. She described the ways they handled licensing for the intellectual property they controlled, and I asked some questions about that and compared it to the licensing work I had done when relevant. Then we would sit in awkward silence until I could think of another question to ask about the company. It was awful. Even now I still sometimes wonder, what the heck was that all about???

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dark Horse Comics (Milwaukie, OR) in February 2009.

Interview

I thought a comic book company would be pretty cool, but I was surprised by the drabness of this place. Very dull cubicle-esque environment, and the people seemed kind of suburban, unenthusiastic, and out of touch.

They seemed overly paranoid about cowboy coders, having their programming department originally populated by such cretins. I explained my own personal disdain for such practices, but they seemed hung up on the idea that I would be some unprofessional corner-cutting idiot, just because I lacked a college degree.

Overall, it seemed like one of those mid-sized companies that is aspiring to be large and mediocre. They appear to be well on their way. Also, they failed to get back to me after the interview. Very disrespectful and unimpressive.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with project management practices, such as requirements gathering?   Answer Question