Davis Polk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Davis Polk

2.7

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked to the head director then sat 1-on-1 with the head of each of their 3 "sections" and they explained what they did and what they're looking for. Lastly, I met with a current paralegal to get a better understanding of the position from someone closer to my age.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why did you choose xyz major...   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was immediately set up following a brief phone call. Moderate to easy process. When you get to the office three hiring managers will independently interview you. The whole process took approximately 2 hours. I heard back two weeks after the interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process is fairly simple. I talked with paralegal manager for some 'standard' interview questions, and then got assigned with a current working paralegal to talk more about details of their work. People are friendly and highly professional, working environment is good.

Interview Questions

• Why law? Why did you choose your major? Why you want to apply for this position? Tell me about your previous experience. etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Lateral interview: Standard process of a handful of interviews with partners and senior/mid associates. Nobody in law knows how to run a tough interview, so very conversational. Interviews for summers are the same, with the addition of the OCI screener.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer started interview by asking whether I had questions. (Not a hard question, but unexpected.)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Three hour interview process with very lengthy testing.

Interview Questions

• The testing process was very unusual and difficult. The recruiter told me that very few people passed. However, the interview itself was really easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was through a recruiter so really not much happened.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I received a call to interview within the week. I met with two managers, and completed a computer test. The interview process lasted 2 weeks. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Litigation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

After contacting the hiring managers, I met with them for a couple of different groups within DPW. After that, I was called back a week or so later and spoke to 3-5 different associates for 3 different groups. Everyone was very pleasant and asked good questions. I really did love the people and the place.

Interview Questions

Another company offered me more

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Davis Polk.

Interview

Through campus recruiting - a fast-forwarded and direct process because of my school's relationship with the firm. Questions were very simple and straight-forward. I think this will be unique to other people's experience .

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davis Polk.

Interview

Initial phone screening was followed by an on-site interview with the hiring coordinator and several associates and one partner within the practice group. Standard interview questions, very informal, more conversational. Discussed reasons for applying, interest in law school, interest in the city.

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer played a recording of himself singing during my interview, which was very odd. He also told me that he would let me know within two weeks whether I got the job. I followed up with both him and his assistant several times. Finally, two months later, I was able to catch him on the phone, where he told me that they had already made their decision "awhile ago." I had traveled out of state for this interview, so given the effort and money that I put in, I found his decision not to contact me about my rejection to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend interviewing at this place.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several questions about my previous work experiences.   Answer Question