Daytona State College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.3

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daytona State College (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The "interview" was more of an overview of the position and a check to see if you have a bachelor's degree and that you've taken enough math courses to qualify. I was required to shadow an instructor for each of the two math prep courses to determine if I felt I was a good fit for the position. After the shadowing, I completed formal paperwork, got fingerprints done and went through a short orientation during the next week. I should note that I applied in January and didn't get a call until September when they needed more faculty.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daytona State College.

Interview

This job was being offered online and I applied for the position. About a week later I got a call for an interview. It was a formal interview with two individuals from the department I would be working in. Interview was about 20 minutes and the questions they asked were very easy to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me more than what was min salary being offered

Career Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Daytona State College (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Typically 6-8 different level supervisors, directors and co-workers will be on the panel. Start as part time to get my foot in the door, then after 6 months was full time for nearly 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with cultural and individual diversity?   Answer Question

Professional Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daytona State College (Deland, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

After receiving a call back, I was promptly scheduled for an interview. After discussing my experience and qualifications, I immediately filled out paperwork. I was told I would be called with a start date when everything was verified. I started approximately a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• I was specifically asked which math classes I had taken and my proficiency in them.   Answer Question

Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daytona State College (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

It was mainly just behavioral interview questions , no real technical questions. Just basically explain your experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daytona State College in June 2011.

Interview

First, I was interviewed on the phone by the assistant chair of the department. Then, it was scheduled for me to fly into Daytona and stay at a hotel for a full day of the interview process. I created a mock lesson plan and presented it to a group of faculty and staff at Daytona State College. After that, I was interviewed by the chair of the department. My last interview included talking to the president and VP.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer