DeKalb County, Georgia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DeKalb County, Georgia

2.5

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Tucker, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call 5 months later for an interview. Interviewed with manager & teammate. Sent follow-up email a week later. The next day, received a phone call from HR to do computer testing. Found out that day I passed. Following week was a drug test. Orientation followed.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia.

Interview

I was interviewed for a senior public relations position for DeKalb County Public Library. I was called and told I was having an in-person interview. That's all the information I was given. I showed up and there were four people in the interview AND I had to do a written and timed assessment that I was not informed about ahead of time. I should have left at that moment. The company said they would follow up with me, and to this date, I have not heard from them or gotten a response to my emails inquiring for updates. It is very rude to waste candidates' time with interviews if you do not plan on ever following up. Even a formulaic email response would have been better than nothing. Also, during my interview, I was cut off when I was giving a response and told they didn't want me to talk about something. It's MY interview, I should be able to talk about what I feel is relevant to my experience. If you don't think it is, you have every right not to offer me the position. But, based on the interview, I would not have taken the job, but I still wanted to officially close the loop on the opportunity. But, as I said, I never heard from them. It seemed to me that they really did not want to hire someone because they wished the person leaving would stay. The person had been there for two decades, and it seems hard for some companies to wrap their heads around someone leaving who's been there forever. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is a big project you worked on and how did it turn out. (paraphrased)   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Decatur, GA).

Interview

One hour with two attorneys. They asked me many questions about criminal law. I had to explain all legal experience I had. They asked about my position in my law school class and how well I had done in my criminal law class and my Constitutional law class.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a public defender.   1 Answer

Truck and Equipment Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Stone Mountain, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very thorough . Hiring staff made me feel welcomed . Hiring staff was very eager to hear each answer to each question with complete attention to each detail , verified with follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What types of diesel engines have I worked on.   1 Answer

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Decatur, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online on library or company website interview about 2-3 weeks later in a Group setting of about 40 people with small presentation of what they are looking for. Then about 5 minute one on one session session asking specific questions.

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, after the job posting closed I received a call for an interview a week later. The interview process is really quick but the salary negotiation process takes weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy didn't ask much just my availability. Once that was answered could I work the 10-7:15 shift. It was a problem at first but they worked with me.

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Take a math test, then a computer literacy test. If you pass it you get an interview. The math test consisted of a scenerio where they had a lady with 3 kids applying for assistance. They listed her income and contributions, and bills that she paid out. You had to use a conversion factor to figure her mothly income and then see if she would be eligible for assistance. The computer part was simple questions like what is a mouse, how do you close out windows ect. Simple things.

Interview Questions

• To descibe a situatio where you helped a customer. How did that make you feel?   Answer Question

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a process. I was hired independently by someone in a position of leadership. With that particular position and in that department, everyone has their own hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position. Which, let's be honest, is a standard question.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Stone Mountain, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had to do a skills test, such as typing, proofreading and creating a document in Word before moving on to the interview phase. It was a panel interview with five people who asked a varirty of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult co-worker and how to accept an assignment that was outside my skill set.   1 Answer