DeKalb County, Georgia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a process. I was hired independently by someone in a position of leadership. With that particular position and in that department, everyone has their own hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position. Which, let's be honest, is a standard question.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Germany, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

I am finding the job for my talent.
    I am confident in android firmware development and Linux OS.
    I have successful 2+ android firmware products.
    I want work with SAP company in the field of Android Hardware&Software.

I want to get interview through online chat like skype
    My skype id is jin.fong725
    I wish you to arrange quick interview as soon as possible.
    And I can also must work as online freelancer.

Interview Questions

• Can you build Android Firmware for our company?
      How much salary do you want in this project?   1 Answer
    • I am going to offer TV firmware development.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Stone Mountain, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had to do a skills test, such as typing, proofreading and creating a document in Word before moving on to the interview phase. It was a panel interview with five people who asked a varirty of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult co-worker and how to accept an assignment that was outside my skill set.   1 Answer

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, after the job posting closed I received a call for an interview a week later. The interview process is really quick but the salary negotiation process takes weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia.

Interview

Being an intern is almost a prerequisite to get hired.

Interview Questions

• You have to excel during your internship in order to receive a job offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent.

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Decatur, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online on library or company website interview about 2-3 weeks later in a Group setting of about 40 people with small presentation of what they are looking for. Then about 5 minute one on one session session asking specific questions.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Decatur, GA).

Interview

One hour with two attorneys. They asked me many questions about criminal law. I had to explain all legal experience I had. They asked about my position in my law school class and how well I had done in my criminal law class and my Constitutional law class.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a public defender.   1 Answer

Dispatch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Stone Mountain, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview and took 3 months to onboard me.

Interview Questions

• Some of the detailed questions were vague so I had to kinda guess as to what was really being asked or asked for more clarification. Can't remember any specifics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered was firm.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia.

Interview

I was interviewed for a senior public relations position for DeKalb County Public Library. I was called and told I was having an in-person interview. That's all the information I was given. I showed up and there were four people in the interview AND I had to do a written and timed assessment that I was not informed about ahead of time. I should have left at that moment. The company said they would follow up with me, and to this date, I have not heard from them or gotten a response to my emails inquiring for updates. It is very rude to waste candidates' time with interviews if you do not plan on ever following up. Even a formulaic email response would have been better than nothing. Also, during my interview, I was cut off when I was giving a response and told they didn't want me to talk about something. It's MY interview, I should be able to talk about what I feel is relevant to my experience. If you don't think it is, you have every right not to offer me the position. But, based on the interview, I would not have taken the job, but I still wanted to officially close the loop on the opportunity. But, as I said, I never heard from them. It seemed to me that they really did not want to hire someone because they wished the person leaving would stay. The person had been there for two decades, and it seems hard for some companies to wrap their heads around someone leaving who's been there forever. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is a big project you worked on and how did it turn out. (paraphrased)   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DeKalb County, Georgia (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was very simple. The company was very informative and helpful with materials need to prepare you for the interview. Although the panel interview was a little frightening they were understanding and calming.