DeSimone Consulting Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at DeSimone Consulting Engineers

Sort:

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers in August 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of questions about my background. Incompetence was displayed because (s)he asked me about the role in their Las Vegas office instead of the San Francisco office where they posted an ad. They could not tell the difference between an opening for the firm versus collecting resumes for a proposed project.

I contacted the heads of the firm about the bad interview, but they were like ostriches: they buried their heads in the sand and left it there. No response for over a year.

They became upset because everyone saw what (s)he did because I posted it publicly at the various shopping malls in the area.

After the interview, they removed my LinkedIn profile because it made them look bad by showing the emails they sent me showing how incompetent their interview process was instead of addressing my concerns.

If this is how they act with the interview process, just imagine how they design their buildings and how they treat their clients! people should avoid working for or even contacting the firm at all costs based on my encounter!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers (New York, NY).

Interview

I got phone interview with HR first. On the next day I was told to have an in-person interview in the following week at NYC office. I talked with two principals. totally around 1hr. I brought my work sample print out. basically going thru different types of projects I did before and what analysis skills I have.

Interview Questions

• experience of super structural design. analysis software. design procedures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Have a nice chat, why do i want to apply for the company, about my past experience. working knowledge of software. Three people were sitting in the room. They ask a few non technical questions. About my school, degree, my goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Fairly simple process. Heard from a member of their HR department who scheduled a phone screen. Once I got through that stage, I was asked to come in for an in person interview the following week. I met with two Principals in the NY office. Their HR notified me when I should expect to hear back as they were still in the process of interviewing other candidates. I received a verbal offer via phone before receiving an offer in writing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. Just the normal standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The actual interview is easy. But the correspondence between applicants and HR is terrible. The HR is not responsive at all and takes forever to hear back from them.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeSimone Consulting Engineers in March 2016.

Interview

My process took 1 month. First I had an exam related to basic structural analysis, second I have a interview with my boss. The kind of question were related to my personal life and my education.

Interview Questions

• At the moment that my interview was done I didn’t have any experience in structural design. Therefore the kind of questions that I had were related to my education, where did I study? Did I like structural design?   Answer Question