Dealer Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dealer Tire Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.3

Outside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire in April 2017.

Interview

Had to contact them myself because I'm an internal employee-- management does not do a good job with feeding their employees to other positions. Went back and forth for almost a month to set up an interview in person.

General Accountant Interview

Interview

One phone screen before the real interview. Two rounds of onsite interviews which last about 2 hours each. Met with people from various department. Most of the questions are behavioral questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealer Tire in February 2017.

Interview

very professional interview process , the people i talk with made me feel very good, good pace interview nothing strange or un normal . the interview was done by skype , via camara phone . i think this company has a great future if it cares for its employees the was they made me feel in the interview, i look foward to the next step

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Levittown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Hr reaches out to you, ask some questions to see if your a good candidate. Then forward your name to the hiring or Assistant manager. This process can take a week or two for the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be a good fit ?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

You get an immediate feeling you are one among hundreds being asked to come in. If recruiting works as it should, then there shouldn't be such a large group for on site. Once on site, the recruiter didn't have even a general knowledge of what each department did. Once the first interview started, I was asked who I knew at the company. I felt as though I was almost dismissed because I didn't have any connections. My last interview consisted of the interviewing manager yawning throughout the time together. As I was being escorted around, nobody said Hello to me or acknowledged each other which is a huge culture issue. They have brainstorming pods/rooms in which to have meetings with colleagues and I never saw one employee in there..again a culture issue.
    They come across as very disconnected, unprofessional and overall unhappy.

Interview Questions

• phone interview is all behavioral questions
      on site is all geared around data to support what you say you do   Answer Question

Outside Account Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted application, did a phone interview for about 30 minutes. Was asked standard questions, they gave some information about the job, the phone interview Went well. About 2 weeks later went on an interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• What do you know about dealer tire   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard with applying online followed by a phone conversation with HR, phone conversation with the Director of Analytics and a technical test. After that o was flown out to Ohio to for a round of in person interviews and lunch. They also thoroughly reviewed the technical test in person and made that an important part of the decision. The decision was made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• The technical test required some data cleaning and a little bit of thinking to present the ideas clearly but nothing someone in the Data Science field shouldn't be able to handle. They review the technical test thoroughly to understand your logic and ability to present ideas.   Answer Question

Tire Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 different interviews. The first 2 was through a phone and skype interview. The last interview was in person. My last interview was with my Market Manager, hence i was given the job.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

Applied online and got emailed to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager. The interview itself was laid back and I enjoyed it. Just casual back and forth about the position, experiences, spitballing ideas about things to do with data and how the new team will be built. The focus seemed to be to talk about the type of the data they have, what can and is being done with it and just going from there. I liked the manager so wanted to move forward.

Things seemed to go well enough, near the end we discussed coming in and which week would work and that someone from HR will contact me. Followed up a week later with the manager, was told HR tried to contact me and got a number to call HR. Probably just missed the phone call and they didn't leave a message or email, no biggie. For the next 5 days I called, probably ~4-6 phone calls in total leaving a couple messages. Voice mail.

Followed up with the manager seeing what's up, maybe HR person is on vacation? Pretty much just got an acknowledgement that the manager received my email, nothing about what's going on.

Whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I gave up. I expect my automated denial in a couple months, but would have been nice to be told it directly.

Interview Questions

• What's your background? So you want to be a Data Scientist?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst - LONG REVIEW BUT PLEASE READ! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process is about 5 hours long which includes a take home simulation which must be prepared ahead of time. Four interviews are conducted by different members within the organization, each lasting about 45 minutes. I will start out by saying that HR is very friendly in showing around the facility and how many of the groups operate what some of the day-to-day functions are like.

During the first interview, things turned sour. The interviewer wasn't friendly to begin with and seemed to shuffle me in to his office - you could tell I was inconveniencing his Monday morning. My interviewer (who I will not mention name or title), started falling asleep within the first 15 minutes of my interview. I was in the middle of answer one of his questions and his eyes started to slowly sink down as if he was falling asleep, then just before he appeared to doze off they immediately shot up again. I found this very unprofessional and was very thrown off by this. This happened a second time during my same interview with about 5 minutes remaining again! Very unprofessional and very disappointing...I have never seen a person so disengaged during an interview process. If you don't believe me, I would highly recommend you review the Distribution Manger's interview review on February 25th, as he/she had the same experience. Some of his questions were challenging, but they were good questions.

During the remaining interviews, I was questioned about KPIs from prior positions, different experiences within coworkers and how I was able to influence decisions and forecasting decisions.

Honestly, after the first interview, I was really thrown off thrown off during my next interview, so I had a hard time focusing during my next interview. The last two interviews were relatively smooth, though it is a long process after four hours.

After the company serves you a complimentary lunch (which is very good, mind you), you are to present the simulation which was given to you a week in advance. I worked on my simulation for about 25 hours and asked a couple of questions prior to the interview to clear up a few line item issues. Other than that, the expectation was to make assumptions, do some analysis, make a recommendation and then present how you influence the company to utilize the key metrics within the organization. My approach was to make it feel like a team/company meeting not a job interview and answer each question asked like a test so it would feel more natural. I incorporated my answers throughout the presentation and there were few questions at the end. When I was notified several days later by HR that I wasn't offered the position, because my simulation didn't answer the questions, I explained my strategy. Basically, you are better off just answering the questions directly. Don't bother trying to show how you would present during a normal team meeting, that doesn't seem to factor in at all.

My best advice to someone interviewing at Dealer Tire - read the reviews from past interviewers and employees and base your questions on those reviews. Ask about the culture and the way meetings are run at the company. I asked one of my interviewers about the collaboration within the company and was told straight up that there is a lack of collaboration within the organization - a confirmation of many reviews here. These aren't lies on here, but ask as much as possible about what is going on at Dealer. I believe some people want to see the company move forward, but there are clearly many people who are not ready for new ideas or change.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you had with a superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question