Dealer Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.4

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Levittown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Hr reaches out to you, ask some questions to see if your a good candidate. Then forward your name to the hiring or Assistant manager. This process can take a week or two for the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be a good fit ?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

You get an immediate feeling you are one among hundreds being asked to come in. If recruiting works as it should, then there shouldn't be such a large group for on site. Once on site, the recruiter didn't have even a general knowledge of what each department did. Once the first interview started, I was asked who I knew at the company. I felt as though I was almost dismissed because I didn't have any connections. My last interview consisted of the interviewing manager yawning throughout the time together. As I was being escorted around, nobody said Hello to me or acknowledged each other which is a huge culture issue. They have brainstorming pods/rooms in which to have meetings with colleagues and I never saw one employee in there..again a culture issue.
    They come across as very disconnected, unprofessional and overall unhappy.

Interview Questions

• phone interview is all behavioral questions
      on site is all geared around data to support what you say you do
      Answer Question

Outside Account Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted application, did a phone interview for about 30 minutes. Was asked standard questions, they gave some information about the job, the phone interview Went well. About 2 weeks later went on an interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• What do you know about dealer tire   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard with applying online followed by a phone conversation with HR, phone conversation with the Director of Analytics and a technical test. After that o was flown out to Ohio to for a round of in person interviews and lunch. They also thoroughly reviewed the technical test in person and made that an important part of the decision. The decision was made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• The technical test required some data cleaning and a little bit of thinking to present the ideas clearly but nothing someone in the Data Science field shouldn't be able to handle. They review the technical test thoroughly to understand your logic and ability to present ideas.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

Applied online and got emailed to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager. The interview itself was laid back and I enjoyed it. Just casual back and forth about the position, experiences, spitballing ideas about things to do with data and how the new team will be built. The focus seemed to be to talk about the type of the data they have, what can and is being done with it and just going from there. I liked the manager so wanted to move forward.

Things seemed to go well enough, near the end we discussed coming in and which week would work and that someone from HR will contact me. Followed up a week later with the manager, was told HR tried to contact me and got a number to call HR. Probably just missed the phone call and they didn't leave a message or email, no biggie. For the next 5 days I called, probably ~4-6 phone calls in total leaving a couple messages. Voice mail.

Followed up with the manager seeing what's up, maybe HR person is on vacation? Pretty much just got an acknowledgement that the manager received my email, nothing about what's going on.

Whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I gave up. I expect my automated denial in a couple months, but would have been nice to be told it directly.

Interview Questions

• What's your background? So you want to be a Data Scientist?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst - LONG REVIEW BUT PLEASE READ! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process is about 5 hours long which includes a take home simulation which must be prepared ahead of time. Four interviews are conducted by different members within the organization, each lasting about 45 minutes. I will start out by saying that HR is very friendly in showing around the facility and how many of the groups operate what some of the day-to-day functions are like.

During the first interview, things turned sour. The interviewer wasn't friendly to begin with and seemed to shuffle me in to his office - you could tell I was inconveniencing his Monday morning. My interviewer (who I will not mention name or title), started falling asleep within the first 15 minutes of my interview. I was in the middle of answer one of his questions and his eyes started to slowly sink down as if he was falling asleep, then just before he appeared to doze off they immediately shot up again. I found this very unprofessional and was very thrown off by this. This happened a second time during my same interview with about 5 minutes remaining again! Very unprofessional and very disappointing...I have never seen a person so disengaged during an interview process. If you don't believe me, I would highly recommend you review the Distribution Manger's interview review on February 25th, as he/she had the same experience. Some of his questions were challenging, but they were good questions.

During the remaining interviews, I was questioned about KPIs from prior positions, different experiences within coworkers and how I was able to influence decisions and forecasting decisions.

Honestly, after the first interview, I was really thrown off thrown off during my next interview, so I had a hard time focusing during my next interview. The last two interviews were relatively smooth, though it is a long process after four hours.

After the company serves you a complimentary lunch (which is very good, mind you), you are to present the simulation which was given to you a week in advance. I worked on my simulation for about 25 hours and asked a couple of questions prior to the interview to clear up a few line item issues. Other than that, the expectation was to make assumptions, do some analysis, make a recommendation and then present how you influence the company to utilize the key metrics within the organization. My approach was to make it feel like a team/company meeting not a job interview and answer each question asked like a test so it would feel more natural. I incorporated my answers throughout the presentation and there were few questions at the end. When I was notified several days later by HR that I wasn't offered the position, because my simulation didn't answer the questions, I explained my strategy. Basically, you are better off just answering the questions directly. Don't bother trying to show how you would present during a normal team meeting, that doesn't seem to factor in at all.

My best advice to someone interviewing at Dealer Tire - read the reviews from past interviewers and employees and base your questions on those reviews. Ask about the culture and the way meetings are run at the company. I asked one of my interviewers about the collaboration within the company and was told straight up that there is a lack of collaboration within the organization - a confirmation of many reviews here. These aren't lies on here, but ask as much as possible about what is going on at Dealer. I believe some people want to see the company move forward, but there are clearly many people who are not ready for new ideas or change.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you had with a superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Buffalo, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Two thoroughly unprofessional looking and acting" managers" lolled around a hotel lobby, and had only minimal interest or preparation. Their questions were pedantic, and only engaged when I asked questions. The simple, few questions asked were pedantic, monotonal and canned.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? What do you know about tires? Describe a previous sales situation? and other brilliant, scintillating, unique interview " questions". The questions were otherwise so few and far, far between. Both interviewers were going through the motions. No intellect, passion or professionalism   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with HR. It required 5 hours of interviewing with 5 different people in person. Then I was given 4 different tests in Excel to perform at home and return to them.

If I Provide This I Will Lose Anonymity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Typical. Very bland, generic and non-unique. If you look up basic and general HR interview questions online you will be fully prepared, at least to get you into another interview with the specific group you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I don't remember what was specifically asked.   1 Answer

Outside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online I heard back from the recruiter a couple weeks later and had a softball phone interview. After a couple more weeks of phone tag we set up an in person interview with the Division Sales Manager and the Director of sales two and half hours from my home! Figuring if they were that interested in me it couldn't hurt to drive five hours round trip through two states to meet them, right? WRONG. The interview was nice enough and the gentlemen I met with were nice however I waited two weeks to hear something back. When I didn't I called the recruiter and left another voicemail. He called me back saying the position had been filled, but to consider them in the future. Uh. No. Your company doesn't even have the decency to contact someone back after a decision has been made? Even though I was assured someone would get back to me "Give us a week or two but we WILL contact you either way." How rotten.