Dealer Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dealer Tire

2.3

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about a position. Had a brief phone screen. She called about a week later to schedule an in-person interview. Had an interview with the manager and director for my role. No difficult or unexpected questions, I was just expected to talk about my prior positions and experience. HR was great about keeping me posted, answering benefit questions, preparing me for what to expect. After I accepted the position, both my recruiter and manager reached out to see if I had questions and to congratulate me. Very interactive process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

Easy, the recruiter was timely and knowledgeable regarding the organization, benefits and described how the process would flow. There were no surprises and I was in constant communication with the recruiter throughout the process.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Buffalo, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Two thoroughly unprofessional looking and acting" managers" lolled around a hotel lobby, and had only minimal interest or preparation. Their questions were pedantic, and only engaged when I asked questions. The simple, few questions asked were pedantic, monotonal and canned.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? What do you know about tires? Describe a previous sales situation? and other brilliant, scintillating, unique interview " questions". The questions were otherwise so few and far, far between. Both interviewers were going through the motions. No intellect, passion or professionalism   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Lyndhurst, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was very quick and easy. They ask for related job experience. Then, If you get an offer they would do a background check and drug screen. Normal process.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Levittown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Hr reaches out to you, ask some questions to see if your a good candidate. Then forward your name to the hiring or Assistant manager. This process can take a week or two for the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be a good fit ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with HR. It required 5 hours of interviewing with 5 different people in person. Then I was given 4 different tests in Excel to perform at home and return to them.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Dealer Tire has a very thorough interview process, as others have indicated. This interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screen, two hour on site interview split into two 1 hour sessions, a follow up 1 hour interview, a project simulation, and finally a 3 hour interview and presentation of the simulation.

The overall facility in Cleveland was very impressive. The Mueller's and partners have done an excellent job at laying out a workplace that today’s young / mid-level professionals can look forward to going to every day. There were several casual work areas as well as conference rooms, art work throughout the building, and even a massive operations / data room with real time updates of KPI’s.

The team that I interviewed with was very professional and laid back. None of the interviews made me feel uncomfortable or stressed. I think this speaks well to the culture at Dealer Tire, it seemed pretty laid back. All communication from the HR team lead was very straightforward and consistent with what they did. Overall I think Dealer Tire did a very good job explaining what the company has to offer as well as what the responsibilities for the Inventory Manager position are.

The interview process itself was rather typical with one significant exception. The vast majority of the time I spent was getting to know most of the team I would be interacting with on a day to day basis, both peers, superiors, and the partner level. The questions were focused around discussing my resume and a few behavioral questions. What was very different, and very fun, was the simulation. As part of my final interview I was provided a sample data set of a typical business problem related to the role, much like a case study at B school. I was given approximately a week to analyze the data, develop a plan of actions to address concerns, and put together a presentation. In my final interview I gave a 30 minute presentation and answered any questions the team had.

Overall, I was very impressed with Dealer Tire. They have a lot of things going for them, a good culture, a great location (from my perspective) and plenty of growth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you tried to accomplish something a failed.   Answer Question
    • How would your current employees describe you? How would your current manager describe you?   Answer Question

I declined the offer for a few reasons:

1.) I didn't get a strong feeling of career progression beyond the current role, or programs in place to develop individuals. As a growing company, I am sure Dealer Tire has plenty of opportunities for career development. However, this was one area that appears it Dealer Tire didn’t present itself as well as I expected given their size.

2.) The role I was offered did not appear to be as significant an opportunity as I had perceived going into the process. This is not to say it was not a great opportunity, it was, however it was not a substantial enough change in responsibilities / scope to warrant leaving my current employer. I would consider other future opportunities with Dealer Tire, it seemed to be a good company.

3.) The benefits package was on the low side. I would have expected about 30% more vacation and about 3% total match from their 401K program. The insurance offered seemed reasonable, but no HDHP was offered which was disappointing.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview process was easy didn't take much professionalism or skill bill was great the issue was that they were putting other employees workloads on other employees when they were able letting them break numerous times out the day letting them fake injuries with no documentation but also allowing them to still be at work getting paid to do nothing

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealer Tire in February 2017.

Interview

very professional interview process , the people i talk with made me feel very good, good pace interview nothing strange or un normal . the interview was done by skype , via camara phone . i think this company has a great future if it cares for its employees the was they made me feel in the interview, i look foward to the next step

Distribution Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Interview

Normal with the exception of the interviewer falling asleep in the first minute of the interview. Thoroughly unprofessional. Literally as soon as I sat down the guy was already nodding off, I couldn't believe it and had to clear my throat no fewer than 4 times to politely wake him up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you turned around a facility.   Answer Question