Deccan International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2016

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deccan International

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deccan International.

Interview

Questionnaire, on-site skill test and a logic test, then on-site interview
    Skill test isn't hard as long as you familiarize yourself with SQL and the interface of the software they're using. The logic test can be hard under time pressure.
    In-person interview was a great experience as they are very friendly and welcoming. Mostly just going through background and job descriptions.

Operations Research Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Deccan International (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted first by phone. Then got several links about their software product and needed to watch them all. Then interviewed twice with the director of engineer and the owner of the company. Then got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deccan International (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Talk about bizarre interviewing processes and putting you through the wringer. This company is nutty. First of all, I was given a set of brain teasers which they said would determine if I would interview or not. I think they called it a logic test. The problems were complex with multiple variables, constraints and conditions and I was told that the interview would be over if I didn't pass the test.

After passing the test, I was allowed to interview. Then I was asked the standard project management questions by a peer - a project manager who had been with the company a while. After answering her questions, I was introduced to the CEO's wife who seems to operate the company.

She was polite and asked about what I have been doing. I asked about turnover problems within the company and she dismissed any problems claiming that people had opted to leave for other opportunities. I would later find out why some of the people left and it wasn't voluntary.

After being interviewed I received an offer 3 weeks before my start date. Just 3 days before my official start date the project manager who had interviewed me, stated that the company was withdrawing the offer due to discrepancies in my background check. I have been a contractor for several national companies and had never run into this problem. Whenever background information needed clarification in past occasions the recruiter or HR person was courteous enough to ask me to clarify the discrepancies. As an example, two of the companies in my work history have merged and filed for bankruptcy and I've had to clarify this to the HR people. In the case of Deccan, they just pulled the rug from under me and later called to explain what they were unable to clarify. Too late and not cool.

The strange thing is that I have 3 professional credentials - a PMP, a CSM and a Product Owner certificate as well as six sigma training and yet Deccan thought that I was unqualified due to unverifiable information. Its a shame that this company doesn't treat people with dignity. Its no wonder that they will never be an A company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the client felt the application fell short of what they were promised.   Answer Question

They actually rescinded their offer because they could not very certain information such as my past employment at a company that had gone out of business.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deccan International in June 2014.

Interview

They have you do the equivalent of a 5 to 10 question LSAT sampler in order to see if you're "qualified" to come in for an interview. During the interview, they will have people come in to speak with you who seem almost hostile at times, or perhaps disinterested in even being there. This should be a clue to anyone that this is NOT the place you want to work. It is also a sign of things to come when you actually start working there. From start to finish the whole interview process will take about 2 weeks. Sometimes they even have people come in multiple times to talk to the same people.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions in these interviews. The project management questions are a bit laughable because the people currently in the positions are not really project managers.   Answer Question

Salary offer was laughable

Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial interview is computer test. Then in-person interview with director/manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deccan International (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with Deccan late last year. First, you must fill out a rather lengthy pre-screening questionnaire. Upon filling that out, they bring you in to do a skills test. By skills test, I mean puzzles that don't seem to make sense in reference to the position they are looking for.

When I had the in-person interview, the interviewer almost made it seem like didn't want you there to interview. During this time I also learned it's very much more of a Sales/Client Manager position rather than a Project Manager, which makes a huge difference.

Both the interviewer and the front office assistant were very cold throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• The "skills" test, which has nothing to do with the software or being a project or sales manager, was the most difficult portion. I skipped over the puzzles (arrange these people in order based on the following facts.....) as a kid.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deccan International.

Interview

Their hiring process is very interesting. They first send you a list of screening questions. Its quite some work to finish that. Then they ask you to come for a written logic test .They have not put much hard work it seems. All the questions are copied from questions available over internet on search.
    Only if you clear the logic test , they call you for interview.Well.I have no advice.

I am happy that I did not get an offer. They never bothered to get back with any response. My present company is small but after interviews for any position, a proper feedback is sent to each candidate along with the information whether the candidate made through the position or not.In case of Deccan International , I am highly disappointed by the fact that they never got back with any updates post my interview despite the fact that I was told that in either case I will be informed. Sometimes these small gestures speak a lot about a company's culture and ethics. I have not read good reviews about the CEO of the company. I have never met her but I must say that if this is the culture she is heading, it does not speak very high of her leadership. In summary the Deccan people take a lot of your time putting you through several steps but do not give you any of their time to give any kind of feedback or any status after the interview. I am sure they will find someone to fit the position in there organization but I am happy that I did not become a part of this organizational culture that does not respect an individual's time and effort and does not consider it worthy enough to send any kind of communication to a candidate on whether he/she made through a position .

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deccan International in February 2011.

Interview

Written test followed by in-person meetings.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work independently or in team environment?   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deccan International in October 2010.

Interview

The initial process was very quick and the company was quite interested and followed up promptly. I was first sent screening questions about my background, then once those were received, asked to come in for an analytical test. The test was quite challenging but I did well enough to be asked back for an interview.
     I was advised to read up on the company's products and have a clear understanding for the interviews. I wound up doing 3 interviews in a row (the last of which was with the owner), which lasted a total of 2.5 hrs.
    All in all I had about 10 or 12 hrs invested in this position and never received a call back or an email about the position. The company seems like it has a valuable service but it's quite unprofessional to not respond to a candidate after that amount of time invested.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a company has not given us the data needed in order to create a report for them.   1 Answer