Deckers Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long, but seemed like it was 15 minutes. He asked basic questions such as why Ugg, to tell him about myself, and about my most recent position. The manager could not hold eye contact the entire time and seemed to be distracted by everyone walking by. Was told I would hear back in a few days and have not heard back and he has not returned my message

Interview Questions

• Rate my abilities, operations, visual merchandising, and customer service.   Answer Question

BSA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a Phone interview with HR and then with VP, was asked to come for in-person interview. Had another phone interview with Asst controller. In-person interview was with 6 different people. Overall the experience was positive. HR was prompt and responsive. However, I felt that there are too many interviews unnecessarily. Next working day got a VM that they wouldn't be moving forward with me.
    Interviews were based on behavioral questions and on experience. Though I thought I did well, was surprised to know their decision. I guess probably it is related to Salary difference (with current salary), but they never bought up the topic of what their offer was. Campus is good and people were nice and courteous.
    Suggestion to HR: Probably three interviews on-site would be sufficient than six, which is in addition to couple of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple projects with priorities (say both are important)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (New York, NY).

Interview

Just under 30 minute phone interview. Was told I would receive a call back to set up an in person interview. Was contacted a month later saying the hiring manager had been on vacation and no more interns were being hired.

Global Mobility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

My recruiter, Donna, throughout the process was a star! The questions during the interview were thorough but the overall experience made it feel like you were attending a really comfortable dinner party and not an anxiety ridden interview. Ironically the toughest part of the process was figuring out what to wear since the dress code for interviews is business casual (no suit or tie). Deckers really focuses on culture and everyone in the process makes sure you are the right fit for the team and the environment is right for you. That is a good thing in this case.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions about your personality and style (to see if you can fit in with the Deckers culture). They will ask you situational questions to see how you worked out the problem.   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA).

Interview

Typical interview. They try to get a feel of the type of person you are. Training will be implemented so they want to be sure you will be up to the task of learning quickly and taking the initiative. Interviewer/manager was great!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and filled out the Application and inserted a cover letter. Than that lead to a phone interview, which was lot very long. Lastly I attended an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? Why do you want to work here? What would you do in this situation....? Whee do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through a temp agency and received an interview with Deckers relatively quickly. The interview process with the team at Deckers felt comfortable and relaxed, while at the same time very informative. I was just hired on recently and look forward to starting soon!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior work experience and how I believe it relates to the current position.   Answer Question

Director Global Learning & Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 3 initial phone calls, starting with the recruiter, then hiring manager, and a consultant. At that time they decided to bring me in for a face-to-face interview, where I met with the hiring manager, the VP, the team (those who would have been my direct reports), and my customers (HRBP) and peer set. All-in-all, it was 6 interviews with 10 people on the day of the interview. The recruiting staff was very welcoming and supportive throughout the entire process, and everyone I met with was prepared and informed. Additionally, recruiting closed the loop with me quickly and with much respect.

Interview Questions

• They continually described the company as "scrappy", so I was asked how I would handle that having come from a large company that was very "structured".   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Flagstaff, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone screen call (~10 minutes) with Decker's recruiter (HR), then a week later a phone screen call with the hiring manager (~15 minutes). A couple weeks after that I was invited to come into the office to interview. There I interviewed with a programmer and a project coordinator (together, same interview slot), then a manager, then the hiring manager. - approximately 2 hours total. They were very professional, great people. The day after the interview I heard back from them, and in a subsequent conversation with the company recruiter (HR), I learned that they had invited 3 of us to interview in the office. I was impressed that Decker's recruiter (HR person) followed up with a phone call! Nice touch!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an issue with one of your managers, maybe you didn't think the manager was doing something the best way, how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Consumer Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience throughout the interview process. Everyone on the team was very open and honest about the role and their expectations. The coordination for the interview process was also managed very professionally, and timely. I appreciated their commitment to follow through on their decisions and timing. They met each of the key dates that they promised to reach out to me on, which further gave me confidence in the team and the company. The on-site interview was lengthy, but completely fair, and I thoroughly enjoyed everyone that I met.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard and fair for the role that I applied to. I can't recall a curve ball question, or question that I thought was impertinent.   Answer Question