Defence Science & Technology Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.5

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round was at a hotel in town, where a panel of middle management staff asked friendly questions like why do you wish to join..

Then I was asked to do a psychometric test.

2nd round of interview was at the HQ where the Deputy CEOs interviewed me. They were affable and approachable. It felt more like a friendly tea session than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, they took about 1.5 weeks to get back to me to book an interview slot as well as to complete an online personality questionnaire. I was interviewed by a panel of 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose DSTA over other government agencies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was informed by my university that I was shortlisted for interview and that the company will contact me directly to tell me the arrangements. On the same day, I received a phone call from the company and was interviewed through the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to intern at DSTA and why did you choose this project?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by three persons. Friendly interview. Asked about past experience and explained expected roles. Whole process was about an hour. Have to wait for escort and change security pass for entry.

Air Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency.

Interview

Quick and straight forward. Minimal questions and interview is based on your interest towards the job. Started off with a "Tell me more about yourself", " why join DSTA"? following on, the ball is in your court..

Procurement Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency.

Interview

Short essay question. Panel interview by 3 senior management. Asking questions about your knowledge on procurement and whether you would stay in the job for the long-run. Management is usually concerned about the high staff turnover as new hires for procurement usually leave the job one year later.

Interview Questions

• What are the recent procurement lapses? How can we avoid such recurrent issues?   Answer Question

Procurement Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

They called about 2-3 weeks after online application and I first did an online personality test before I went down for interview. It was a panel of 3 interviewers- the Director, Assistant director of the department you apply for and a HR personnel. They were pretty friendly and the interview was conducted in a relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied for and why procurement over other jobs?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

The atmosphere wasn't tense. The interviewers were encouraging. In fact you are encouraged to ask them qns. It was not as formal as I thought it would be. Just be yourself and you would be alright!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Science Park (Zimbabwe)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Science Park (Zimbabwe)) in October 2015.

Interview

1 HR 2 Director. shortlisted after campus networking.you have to book an interview slot online through their system. managed to received call within 2 weeks. and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defence Science & Technology Agency (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience, with friendly interviewers, mangers and HR. The staff outside the room was friendly. The interviewers asked about the projects and what I have learnt in school, and what roles do I want, what type of jobs I want etc.