Defense Finance and Accounting Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Defense Finance and Accounting Service Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.1

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

I was contacted by DFAS about 3-4 months after I applied for the position. I scheduled a phone interview and it was conducted the next day. Following the phone interview they let me know that they would have a decision made in about 3 weeks. No follow up on in person interview was needed.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple questions: Why do you want this job? Tell me about a time you have worked in a group...What are your two best traits or qualities   Answer Question

Military Pay Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

No interview was conducted. I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position six months after applying. I was send a document to fill out to allow them to conduct a background check with cleared quickly. I then received another email with a job offer and two dates to select for my start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to submit to a background check?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus, was called a few months later for a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral. I never had to interview in person, was offered the job a month later. Background checks take a long amount of time, just beware they can take months. Onboarding process is complex and will require a good amount of time just filling in information for background checks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences with past employers; nothing difficult at all   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

The interview process was decent. Took about 30 minutes and consisted of about 7-8 behavioral and situational questions. The interviewer was nice and gave me a lot of information about the agency to give me a better understanding of what I was getting into. I also learned about the benefits of working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on a group project?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician NF3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Texarkana, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic Behavioral questions, asked me to do some excel work, which was very easy.
    Did a very easy bank recon. I had two section supervisor interview me, but it was just because they were both looking for candidates.

Financial Technician Interview

Application

I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service in August 2014.

Interview

Three people panel. Five questions read from a paper I was given as I walked in. Finding the interview was the hardest part. Instruction were given to one building but the interview was in another building.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy interview questions, not much variation between positions, I have interviewed overt 80 times in the Department of Defense; confidential responses are my private industry experience, knowledge, skills abilities and confidence scare hiring officials, there is a predominate fear of hiring someone who may “jump” over the hiring official; I have worked with Senior Executive Service mentors on resume writing and interview skills, I have had union representative sit in during mock interviews with hiring officials and have been judged very professional, knowledgeable and confident; everyone is dumb founded as to why I can’t get promoted

Interview Questions

• None, do an internet search on federal interviewing and you will find most questions are derivatives of standard questions   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

Basic questions...

Financial Clerk Interview

Interview

Interview process was very basic. As a US Air Force Veteran, I was pre-selected for the position prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

Got hired as a technician-no interview. Got promoted to LIM program years later-1 interview with 3 person panel. Pretty standard questions.