Deka Lash Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deka Lash

Deka Lash

Application

I interviewed at Deka Lash

Interview

Pretty easy, asked what I knew or experience. What my goal was and what to expect. I asked how long they expect me to be certified and want to go off of.

Interview Questions
  • My knowledge of lashes and extensions.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harker Heights, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Harker Heights, TX) in May 2021

Interview

I applied on a Monday afternoon, heard back within an hour, had the interview scheduled for the next morning. I arrived 10 minutes early and the manager was waiting outside, so as soon as I showed up we went straight to the interview. The building inside and outside is beautiful. Very clean and organized. I really like the partitions between the work stations. The interview itself was very comfortable. I was told about all stages of pay - minimum wage during training, which could be anywhere between 5 and 14 days depending on how well a new tech advances; after training pay is bumped up to $9/hr; after 6 months it bumps up to $10. Then the manager explained the commission incentives as well. All pretty standard for the beauty industry.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2021

Interview

Manager was very polite, explain everything in detail and clear, it is a great opportunity to work here and grow in lash application if its your passion, lash application its a hard skill but its beautiful, if you love being a lash artist, Deka lash has a great package to help you learn, practice and earn money doing what you love.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self? What is your ideal manager? What is your worse manager?

Deka Lash

Application

I interviewed at Deka Lash

Interview

Not intimidating at all, very open and honest about sales goals and expectations. They have a lot of services and lash types to choose from as a lash artist unlike other brands I’ve interviewed with.

Interview Questions
  • How comfortable I was with selling product.

Deka Lash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deka Lash

Interview

Very easy and down to earth. She was extremely easy to talk to and I feel it was a great interview. I'm excited to hear back to move onto the next process of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my stand on up selling.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Long Beach, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

First was a phone interview then in person. The manager was very nice and informative. They want to make sure your personality would fit into the environment they have, all training is provided.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a lash artist? Tell me about your work history and about yourself. What is a hobby you have? Describe a time you could not satisfy a customer.

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Parker, CO) in Jul 2018

Interview

Lots of questions; they want to make sure you have a passion for this and are dedicated. They will want you to promise to work there for a year. They will promise that you will be making $15 - $28 within the first three months with commission and tips. The way that their commission model works...is that more than 3% is unattainable. To get to 10% commission; you would have to have a client EVERY hour you are scheduled (at a 40 hour work week) and each client you serviced will have to buy EVERY PRODUCT on the shelf EVERY TIME they are serviced by you. For example: if you have a client that sees you every two weeks for a one hour fill...that client would have to buy ALL products available at EACH visit; just for you to make it to 10% AND you would have to have this consistently.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to work there for a year.

Deka Lash

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deka Lash

Interview

We were asked to meet with the owner and HR director in a group setting at their office and were asked several questions and took turns answering. She emailed us back if we were hired and had to digitally sign non-disclosure, non-compete and training reimbursement contracts. Once those were signed we were given training dates.

Interview Questions
  • Are you a licensed cosmetologist or esthetician (or are you going to school to become one)?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Chattanooga, TN) in Aug 2017

Interview

Not much of an interview walked in they asked if I had a license and hired me on the spot it was for the opening location so I don't really think they knew much about what they were doing

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deka Lash (Pittsburgh, PA) in Sep 2016

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process, starting with an initial phone screen. This was followed by a phone interview with the CEO. Afterwards, I was invited into the corporate offices to meet with the company founders, CEO, and Director of Operations. During the interview we had a deep dive into previous experience, knowledge of position, and past performances. There was one further follow up interview with the COO of the organization with similar questions on experience, education, and performance.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience working for a franchise organization?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews