Delhaize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delhaize

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and spoke with a Delhaize company recruiter. Very nice person. Responses were never quick however. This person set up a phone interview with members of the hiring team. These team members were polite and personable. Seemed like it would be a good team to work with. The phone interview was very very difficult however. They asked extremely open ended questions and seemed like they expected a God to be working there. I think its probably a pretty good place to work, but just from the interview process I think if you work there you'll have more than your fair share of work to do. Seems like you may be pulling your hair out trying to accomplish all they expect you to accomplish. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• A program on Unix System A reads from a SAN B and writes to SAN C. It augments the file it receives from SAN B before writing to SAN C. Usually this process takes only a few seconds, however you get a call from a user who reports that her files are taking much longer (perhaps a minute) to show up on SAN C. What are some possible things that you could look at to determine the problem, or what issues might exist?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delhaize.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by in person panel interview (3 people from the department) in which we discussed the culture, the objectives and areas of focus for the role, technical skills and the near term future of the department.

Interview Questions

• Can you work independently as well as in a team environment?   Answer Question

Inventory Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Part of the interview you have to take a stack test. thats when you get a time limit to stack 10 lbs potatoes.If you fail you're basically not getting Hired.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delhaize.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager lasting roughly one hour. One on one with structured/scripted questions. Opened with describing applicants background, followed by scripted questions ending with an opportunity to ask interviewer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a long term goal and how you have worked to achieve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a weakness and how you are working to improve upon it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you faced an obstacle and how you worked to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you disagreed with a co-worker or superior and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, one-on-one interview. Questions were more personal and felt like a conversation, rather than an interview. We talked a lot about what I would be doing and I tried to pepper in ways that those tasks related to and built on my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't in this field/ going into this field, what would you want to do?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

Very easy process.. not too many questions asked good interview very simple. Basically they told me about the company rules and regulations and not too many questions they asked. I got hired same day

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delhaize in June 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Professional environment- make sure you dress the part! Have 3 questions ready to ask about the company or position. Research the company you may be asked what you know about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to delivery a message you knew would be unpopular. How did you deliver the message? What forum did you use?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delhaize.

Interview

It was very long but also informative. Management was very in tuned with me and loved to hear about my personal goals. I found out if I had the job before leaving.

Accounting Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Temp agency-there was no process other than phone interview and skills assessment. The job was posted on online and the application was filled out on line. The hire package was all done on the computer and some pages were printed and handed in at the interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delhaize (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with local development manager who spent a lot of time asking about my experience in the grocery business and ability to work a flexible schedule (read nights and weekends). I was also vetted by the local area director and was able to meet with a current store manager to get a sense of the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions as to why I left my previous employer and trying to be honest but not making me look as if I did anything wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They look a lot to your past pay history so if you are looking for more than you are used to making you better have a compelling story