Delhaize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delhaize Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.8

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

Very easy process.. not too many questions asked good interview very simple. Basically they told me about the company rules and regulations and not too many questions they asked. I got hired same day

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delhaize.

Interview

It was very long but also informative. Management was very in tuned with me and loved to hear about my personal goals. I found out if I had the job before leaving.

FT Warehouse Probationary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Disputanta, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delhaize (Disputanta, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Application is simple; like any main online app process. (My Experience) call back time was within 2wks. The interview was a brief tour of the facility, and then a sit down questionnaire (that's what you want to be ready for).

Interview Questions

• In any circumstance; who do you handle conflict with another individual.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Delhaize (Roxboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and took a survey as part of the application process. In total, it took about an hour to apply completely. They called me within a few days and asked me to come in for an interview. The manager took me to the back, asked me some questions, then helped me fill out some information to the computer. This was basically all that happened before I began working.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my GPA through high school.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Disputanta, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delhaize (Disputanta, VA).

Interview

Random interview process with no real structure. The questions were very subjective. All of them were formulated from a "shooting from the hip" style of interviewing. The interviewer seemed as if they were going through the motions, while looking for a candidate that they "liked" instead of leaning on work experience.

Interview Questions

• Honestly i can not remember a question that was straight-froward. Many of the questions were structured in a manner that felt like the interviewer was trying to take ideas from my previous employers to use for his benefit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I presented an offer and the wage was accepted for $1,000 less than asking

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delhaize in June 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Professional environment- make sure you dress the part! Have 3 questions ready to ask about the company or position. Research the company you may be asked what you know about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to delivery a message you knew would be unpopular. How did you deliver the message? What forum did you use?   Answer Question

Inventory Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Part of the interview you have to take a stack test. thats when you get a time limit to stack 10 lbs potatoes.If you fail you're basically not getting Hired.

Senior Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my resume via LinkedIn I received an email from Delhaize HR to schedule an initial phone screen. That call lasted about 30 minutes and I was asked the usual questions; tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, compensation expectations, etc.

Several days after that I had another call with the hiring manager which lasted a little more than an hr. Great interview. The hiring manager was very prepared, with very specific questions and gave me as much time as I wanted for my questions.

That call was followed-up with another call. This time it was with a brand manager I would be working with. Wow, what another great interview! It was refreshing to speak with someone so prepared, professional and personable; I was now getting excited about not only the job but the culture of the company as well.

I was then scheduled for face to face interviews at their corporate headquarters. I met with six people-2 at a time, and each interview lasted about an hour. They each had essentially the same prepared questions to ask me. I guess they were looking for consistency. I'm not sure who they use to help with the on-site interviews. I may be their own HR, but the questions had an outside agency "feel" to them. Very similar to the STAR process (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Very good process if you are prepared. Very revealing if you are not...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
      What do you think are the essential qualities of an effective leader?
      Tell me about a time you helped to advance another person's career.   1 Answer

International Graduate Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delhaize (Salisbury, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, a personality & logic test was sent out. After completing them, 20 or so people were selected and flown out to Salisbury for 3 days. We were wined & dined very nicely, got to tour the facilities, meet former trainees, and participated in the formal interviews on the 3rd day.

Everyone was assigned to a group of 3-4 people and we interviewed with a total of 12 people, 2 at a time. In all, there were 6 rounds of interviews in a single day. Throughout all 6 rounds, there was a good mix of behavioral, personality, and analytical questions. The company's values came up consistently throughout all 6 rounds.

The decision process was very prompt. By noon of next day, we were notified of the results. Overall, a great deal of care and attention was put into the interview process and we were all treated very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a quick decision that didn't work out.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delhaize.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager lasting roughly one hour. One on one with structured/scripted questions. Opened with describing applicants background, followed by scripted questions ending with an opportunity to ask interviewer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a long term goal and how you have worked to achieve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a weakness and how you are working to improve upon it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you faced an obstacle and how you worked to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you disagreed with a co-worker or superior and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question