Delta College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta College

2.4

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delta College (Saginaw, MI) in August 2018.

Interview

The job interview was reasonable. The most important portion of the interview was your presentation, other questions were simple and familiar. The time required for the interview was around 30 minutes

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta College in August 2012.

Interview

Submission of resume and references via College site did not yield any response. However, when I approached the Division Chair directly, I was able to set up a time to interview immediately for an open position. The interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable

Full-Time Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Center, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Delta College (University Center, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in multiple stages, beginning with a phone interview conducted by a hiring committee panel. This part of the interview was the most challenging for me as phone interviews are not my strong suit to begin with and this was the first time I had ever been asked to participate in a panel interview that was not face-to-face. Once I passed this first phase I then met with a representative from the department, then the process was concluded with the final candidates conducting a classroom demonstration. The interview process was rather lengthy but very thorough and fair.

Interview Questions

• What are some classroom techniques you have implemented in the past to engage students who seem to be having difficulty grasping the subject matter?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Center, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta College (University Center, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I found the job listing on indeed and was directed to the schools website. Overall the online application process was a little confusing and long but I have had much worse experiences. I got called a few days after applying. The interview was setup a week later. It was only a 15-30 minute interview on campus. The group was a search committee. Basic questions were asked, pretty much a standard interview. Everything was very positive and the people in the offices were very nice.

Interview Questions

• The hard questions were just about situations I would be put in and how I would respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My position was hourly so there wasn't much to negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Center, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta College (University Center, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed by submitting a cover letter and resume. I received a call from the HR department to set up an initial interview. I met with the department head and their boss in a room for the interview in which they asked me approximately 15 questions. They were respectful and kind and I felt little stress during the interview process. After the interview took place, I took a tour with the department head of the facility and had a brief overview of what my job would entail.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you have overcome?   1 Answer

Secret Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Center, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta College (University Center, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

During my interview she looked at my resume. I was then asked if I had ever done a job like this before, and what my availability was. She explained more of what the job entailed and told me how much it was paid.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been a mystery shopper before?   1 Answer

Clinical Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delta College (Slidell, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

Resume/ interview with HR and the Supervisor. I was introduced to staff and welcomed. I received a tour of the facility and three days later was asked to join the staff.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Several staff interviewed me I was told what my starting salary would be and my responsibilities. Several days later I received I call asking if I wanted the position

Interview

Submit application, resume, and cover letter. Wait around for them to contact you for an interview. Phone interview first followed by in-person if you make the final pool. Final interview will include several interviews with different employee groups, executives and hiring committee. Questions are mostly process and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Please give an impromptu 10 minute presentation to high school students on why they should choose Delta College.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't want to negotiate salary, but I held fast and increased it by more than $1000.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delta College in May 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a skills test and answer a case study analysis. When interviewing with the CEO, emphasis was placed on the company being in it's infancy and looking for someone to gain new business while working commission only on consulting projects...

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to this company?   1 Answer

More sales than consulting.