Democracy Prep Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

There was an online application, phone interview, demonstration lesson that was followed by feedback, a follow up interview, reference and background check, and finally an offer. The process was very rigorous and detailed. I was able to ask clarifying questions throughout the process and it offered some great insight into the school's mission and vision.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a difficult situation you had with a student/family and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Middle School Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools in May 2020.

Interview

Very basic initial phone call. Told me about the hours (long) and the preps per day for teachers (one) and that teachers were expected to take up other roles in the school as well. Explained the leadership academy where teachers work with a principal for a year to get ready to lead their own school. No talk about graduate programs in school leadership though. Out talk concluded when I was asked, since I am a veteran teacher, if I was willing to take on a special education ICT class despite my lack of a certification. I was informed that because of COVID, Democracy Prep had been given license to outfit ICT rooms with no special education teacher. This was a big red flag for me and I ended the call.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me a little about yourself.
      2) What about Democracy Prep made you apply.
      3) What are the top three things you're looking for in a new role.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

The phone screen was short, and did not feel like very in depth. Normal screening questions were asked, and I did feel like my interviewer was looking for very specific answers. As a result, the interview was incredibly fast paced.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (San Antonio, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. The interviewer called me and she asked several questions that were typical to any interview. She was very nice and attentive. She said that they will call me in a week if I was selected for a virtual demo lesson.

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Performed demo lesson in front of students then debriefed that lesson. Was given feedback about what worked and what didn't. Focuses a lot on classroom control. Come to interview with clear but rigorous content for students to explore.

Resident Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

First you have a phone screening to see if you align with their values. If they like you , then you will be immediately invited for a demo day over the phone. For Demo day you have to present a demo lesson, they give you the lesson and you have to present it how you would teach it . They look to see what you are already strong in and what you would need help with and see if they can work with that. During Demo day you will also have a article discussion , school tour and personal interview. After your personal interview you are welcome to leave. It usually takes them a week or 2 to see if they will give you a offer .

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2019.

Interview

It was very long and smooth. The lady was very nice and engaging with her questions. I loved that she took notes to ensure that she was getting down my words. She was also engaged in the interview. She was very accepting of my answers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2019.

Interview

It took 2 hours, long and grueling process. The principal walked you around the school and you had to respond to situations that occurred on the spot. Students were like little robots when asked the vision of the school. Did not feel as if the teachers were dedicated, they seemed tired from the long grueling hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fit into our company? What is something you will change about what you saw today? Give your insight on the type of teaching you saw today? When will you be able to start? Will you take another position if not offered this one?   Answer Question

Interview

phone screen interview was average. he asked a lot of questions but they weren't that hard if you are familiarized with interview questions, the interviewer was very nice and helpful, but asked questions very quickly and you felt like you had to answer quickly and wisely.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time I got constructive criticism/feedback?   1 Answer

Manager of Education Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Very structured/scripted. A call with someone from Human Resources who asked me about the use of technology in education but I realized halfway through the call that she didn't understand the answers I was giving, though she thanked me politely for each one. Since some of the questions were about technology, it would have been nice to speak with someone who had the background to assess a lightly technical response.

Interview Questions

• How have you used technology in the classroom?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Democracy Prep?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied May 19, 2018 and was emailed for digital interview on June 13th. Then, I did a phone interview on June 15th. On June 22nd, received an email stating that my application was not moving forward. Both the interviews had about the same questions which didn't make sense to me. Overall, not any hard questions. The interviewer was polite. I'm glad they got back to me about the status of my aapplication.