Detroit Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

They ask generic questions. The first is a one on one interview, the second is a day out selling. They act like it's a very competitive position but realistically they hire any schlub who walks in the door.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather own a company or manage a company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary, you make commission only.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for an internship with Detroit Business Consulting using my school's career website. Within a few weeks I was contacted by email and was asked to arrange for an interview. Everyone that I talked to was very nice and friendly. I never felt intimidated or uncomfortable. I also noticed that it was a very young company; no one looked much older than 30.

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy, very casual phone interview

Interview Questions

• Very difficult to mess up this interview. You are talking to college kids on the other side.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

Single one-on-one interview session of approximately 20-30 minutes. Waited about 10-20 minutes in the lobby before being called in, with 3-5 other candidates. Interviews were being conducted by a handful of interviewers. Questions were basic, shallow, and generally aimed to assess communication and interpersonal skills.

Applied for a Market Research position. However, during the interview I discovered they "require" everyone to do a minimum of 6 months of direct sales. That is, they were actually hiring people for a sales position with the 'opportunity to move up after 6 months'; i.e. a standard sales job. I brought the description of the position I actually applied for, and the interviewer dodged my questions about the false advertising. They offered me the job; I declined.

Interview Questions

• Standard work experience questions, education, background.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

Two phone interviews and on the second interview they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really a difficult question, but the toughest question they asked was “what is something you need to improve about yourself?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Speak to someone on the phone. They invite you for an in person interview at the office. You speak with an account manager or two. then you speak with the senior management. All of which is very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting that we don't know about you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was easy, first would just be short interview of getting to know about the company and myself.

Then, in the second round, it goes more detail. I interviewed with one of the account managers there and it was really great experience. We went to a cafe and interviewed about 30+ minutes, she explained me about the exact role, advancement, and salary.

It was really like family environment, it was not as strict as normal companies or firms.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest advantages and how would they help our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very unprofessional. I walked in, they had music blaring, and they handed me a sheet to fill out, of the same questions they asked in the interview. They didn't explain the job to me, and until I went onto GlassDoor to look them up, realized they were a scam. They send you on door to door sales in unsafe neighborhoods, with the idea of advancement, which probably never comes. I won't know, because I didn't even go to my second interview based off the horror stories I read online. Good luck if you even try with this company, seems like a fake.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your strengths and one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

This is NOT a consulting company nor does it have anything to do with marketing. This is LITERALLY door to door sales. This is a company of contract salesman.
    Went through two interviews with Detroit Business Consulting. First interview was in the office. While I was waiting I did not see one person actually working. There was music playing and the tv was on. The interview took 15 minutes. The interviewer would not answer any questions that I had at that time. My questions were deferred and I was told that they would be answered at the second interview. I had a very strange first impression. I could not get a feel for what this company was.
    Prior to the second interview, I conducted quite a bit of research and actually looked into all of the reviews on Glass Door. I prepared a series of questions for the interviewer. By the end of the interview, it was evident that this company is not what they portray themselves to be. In my opinion, this was a WASTE of time.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. "What are some weaknesses?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Careerbuilder and I was called within a couple of days to be scheduled for an interview the following day. They have a three round interview process which is pretty easy going. The first interview is with one the managers where they ask you some questions about you and try to get to know you a bit.. The second round interview is with one of the top trainers where they explain the business. The third round interview is with the hiring manager to review the business and answer any questions you have. Later that afternoon, after they reviewed all of the applicants, I was called and offered a position with DBC.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 6 months? Where do you see yourself within a year?   Answer Question