Detroit Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Detroit Business Consulting

1.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

I arrived to a room full of other candidates also waiting to interview. My interview was quick and i was told i would be called back for a second interview if they were interested. I got a call back later that day for a second interview. They told me to wear comfortable shoes, i figured comfortable shoes in an office environment would be flats. When i arrived for my "working interview" i found out i would be going door to door with my trainer..had i know i would have worn tennis shoes but of course they dont tell you to wear tennis shoes, they just said "comfortable". The day consisted of us going door to door trying to sell gas. I had to wear a huge blue coat with a different company logo on it that was given to me by the trainer. She took me out to lunch and dodged any questions about pay or how i would be paid. She also tried to sell me this idea that within a few months i would own my own part of the business and potentially make millions of dollars. Completely insane. BEWARE! I got the offer and accepted it and never showed on Monday which felt great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my job at a coffee shop which i though was crazy seeing as how it was the lowest level job i had held.   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

Single one-on-one interview session of approximately 20-30 minutes. Waited about 10-20 minutes in the lobby before being called in, with 3-5 other candidates. Interviews were being conducted by a handful of interviewers. Questions were basic, shallow, and generally aimed to assess communication and interpersonal skills.

Applied for a Market Research position. However, during the interview I discovered they "require" everyone to do a minimum of 6 months of direct sales. That is, they were actually hiring people for a sales position with the 'opportunity to move up after 6 months'; i.e. a standard sales job. I brought the description of the position I actually applied for, and the interviewer dodged my questions about the false advertising. They offered me the job; I declined.

Interview Questions

• Standard work experience questions, education, background.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

What... the actual hell. It is PAINFULLY clear that this is a pyramid scheme. I'm literally in the middle of my second "phone interview" now, and he is selling the company to me so hard that I can't get a word in edgewise. So I'm typing this review instead.

Advice to people who are just starting out on the job search: If someone reaches out to you, without you even applying, mere hours after you update your LinkedIn and apply to a handful of jobs, it is definitely a scam. You are not that desirable unless you actually have some experience. NO company would be willing to sacrifice any credibility on a newbie like that. The thing is, this company has no credibility, so that's fine.

As for the interview, I got a voice message from one manager and decided to call her back just to see who she was (like I said, I didn't apply to the position, so I wanted to at least know what the position was). The first girl was legit. She was talking up the company really well, saying they just started expanding (based in Michigan, but just opened two offices in Chicago), and they hope to be international soon. She was super nice and we actually got along really well. I could actually see us being friends, so it's a shame that she has such low morals to work for a sham company. She did the whole "Oh my god, I NEVER do this, but I'm going to go ahead and put you through to the second round interviews right now." Another note to newbies, when people say "Oh my god, I NEVER do this," it means they ALWAYS do whatever it is they're doing.

The second interview.......... This freakin' guy. First of all, if you want an interview to seem believable, you need to actually ask the interviewee some questions. He has been sitting here selling this company to me for the past half hour, when I'm the one who should be selling myself to HIM, if he was at all credible. I've literally been typing this the whole past 10 minutes and I've been able to get away with "mmhmm" and "Wow!" and he couldn't care less. He's clearly reading form a script. Oh my god!! Remember how I told you the girl yesterday said they're just starting to expand? This guy is talking about how they "have offices in hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of countries" and he travels all the time. I wonder what he would have said if I had said "no" to the "do you like to travel" question.

**WARNING** They're going to try to make themselves seem credible by saying they've been consistently rated one of the best places to work in Michigan.
    A. There are not a lot of great places to work in Michigan (sorry, I'm an educated, experienced person who's relocating to the Detroit area from Chicago, and the sad fact is there is just not a lot of opportunity there compared to other urban areas), so that's not saying much.
    B. I googled it. They're at the bottom of the list.
    C. They're only rated one of the best places to work because the higher ups get sporting event and concert tickets as bonuses. I don't need baseball tickets, I need a salary.

If you're a spoiled, rich kid still living with mommy and daddy and don't have anything to actually worry about and you're just bored sitting at home in your diamond bedroom, by all means, take the job. Just know that all you are is a door-to-door solicitor. They're going to call it "sales," and dodge any specific questions about what you will actually be doing for such little pay, but I'll be the one to tell you is all you will be doing is going door to door asking people to put money in your CEO's picket. You are better than this garbage job, whoever you are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personality.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

3-part process
    Applicant gets phone call to set up interview.
    Next step is a 10 minute interview where they get to know you.
    Next, you are invited for a group interview, where the nature of the job is broken down to you.
    After selection , there is an orientation process.

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted within hours with a date and time for an interview. Everyone was friendly, flexible and understanding. Overall it's been a great experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Detroit Business Consulting and Lucky Group Consulting are failing to disclose in their job descriptions as well as, during the interview that some if not (all) of the positions posted are advertised as professional level positions but after further investigation are commission only, low skilled, low level door-to-door sales positions.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called a day after I applied, which I thought was weird. When I went in the next day for an interview, there was an influx of people going in and out for interviews. Apparently, there were all applying for the "2 full time positions" that was being offered by DBC. In all of my interviews, I have never seen such a mass amount of interviews for a business. It seems like they are trying to get anyone on board. I got the second interview, which they try to make it seem like it's hard to get because they say "well give you a call between xx and xx time, if you don't hear from us then we've went in a different direction." During the second interview, I expected only a couple of applicants. But there were still so many! There were like 15 of us. The interview was about 2 hours long, and we heard the entire spiel about how there is opportunities and stuff. But what really got me was when Andrew, the interviewer, said "yeah we won't be having our entry-level employees doing grunt-work" and what do you know entry-level employees are responsible for door-to-door sales. And, furthermore, not one time did they ever say "door-to-door" sales. If you want people to work for you, then be transparent. Don't make people drag it out of your mouth. Working strictly off of commission should be a major signal for all applicants. All major companies provide some sort of base pay, because if you're working strictly doing work based off of commission, then you're working for FREE.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths in a group setting
      ?   1 Answer

Account Executive- Entry Level Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a first round interview and it was focused around 3 questions posed on the application handed to me when I came in for the interview. The staff were professional, friendly, open to questions, and on the phone gave me all the information I needed, plus, terrifically, their hiring manager, Cortney Standifer, was so willing to work with me about scheduling. She was awesome, and so easy to get along with. They asked me 3 things on the paper application... What is your #1 strength? #1 weakness, and where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you come to know about Detroit Business Consulting?   1 Answer
    • What would you say is your #1 strength?   1 Answer
    • What is your #2 strength?   1 Answer
    • You said your weakness was excellence. Explain.   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and someone called within 10 minutes for an interview. Sat down with a manager and he called back for a second interview. Met with an assistant manager for coffee and laid out what you would do. Came back to the office and filled out a questionnaire and then met with another manager. All happened within 2 days. The ad for the job was a lie. It said sports marketing and advertising, when it's literally door to door sales for cable companies. The only thing sports related is the decoration of the office.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

It was relatively quick! The man who did my interview was quite knowledge at his job but the issue lied with how quick the interview was and i honestly did not remember single thing he said. I understand that it was supposed to be a first round interview but it did not leave the greatest impression of how they would have trained me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you special or what sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question