DialogTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DialogTech Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick - less than two weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly. She explained more about the job role and the company, in general. I was offered an on-site interview for the following day. 30 minutes with the hiring manager and 30 minutes with the CFO. Everyone was very pleasant and the office is calm and inviting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process change that you implemented and what measurable efficiencies resulted?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DialogTech.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. The day I got referred, the HR recruiter called me. They brought me in to meet with the team/ managers that same week. You really need to do research on the company. They specifically ask what DialogTech does and how you'd explain it to someone.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward interviews asking about your background. Situational questions about what traits make you the most successful in a role like sales.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR Call screen: Explain my you chose your Major in college, What you were doing while you were in school, jobs you have had post graduation.. Interviewer was not friendly and made me uncomfortable. Majority of the job is cold calling. No warm leads, i passed up the next step.. NO thanks. invest in your leads.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone that has never heard of the company before?   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

DialogTech moved quickly when it came to the hiring process which, as a candidate, I really appreciated. I first had a phone interview with HR, then did a short skills assessment using their product (took about 30 minutes, straight forward, consisted of interacting with their product and a few short answer questions), then did a phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an in person with that same hiring manager and a few peers in the department. Final stage was an in person with SVP of the department and CEO. Whole process took about 2 weeks. Everyone was friendly, intelligent, and honest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a company that focuses on calls when ecommerce is on the rise?   Answer Question

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

This was essentially a 4 step interview process. I applied online after submitting a resume and cover letter, and was contacted by HR for a phone screening to let me know that the position I had applied to (enterprise manager) was generally filled internally, but they had another role they were open to considering me for. Next day the HR rep set up a phone screen with a hiring manager, who was very thorough about qualifications, previous sizes of portfolios worked with, etc.

Same day, HR let me know they were interested in bringing me in to speak with a VP, SVP, and CFO the following week. The SVP and VP's were extremely professional and personable, asked relevant questions, and were very much gauging fit and feel along with your resume. The meeting with the CFO was short and sweet, he didn't look like he really was involved in the process of hiring at that level, so much as to ask pointed questions and conclude within 10 minutes without the opportunity to ask follow-up interviewee inquiries.
    That said, the next day I was informed I'd be going on to the final stage of the interview process the following week, which is about a 30 min presentation/sales pitch of their product in a mock client setting with their CEO and senior leadership.

The Powerpoint presentation isn't difficult, but they provide you with no marketing materials/data or branding images, recommending the applicant thoroughly search their site and media channels for examples to use and clip; if you search on Youtube for some of their marketing videos, it'll help to build a baseline idea of their services. They're looking for essentially two things: that you can understand and pitch what their call forwarding services do in a real world scenario (for a mock company of your choice), and that you can capture and keep the audience's attention in a room. Expect CEO to be critical and throwing left-field questions, he's looking for how you react and keep your cool rather than if you know the question -- be honest and admit if you don't know the answer, but "can find out from your department and schedule a follow-up later".
    Offer letter and salary negotiation followed about 6 days later, very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Q: How have you handled multiple clients with stressed time management?
      Q: What does DialogTech offer if a company already has their own call centers with call routing?
      Q: What if a company has a vanity number that's a part of their brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly quick, they take only about a day to decide if your counter-offer is reasonable and within their budget.

Tech Roll (Undisclosed) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview stage was three-fold:
    - Phone screen by HR
    - in-person (2 team members and 1 management) (30 min for each person)
    - in-person (CEO, CMO, skill assessment by team member) (30 min for each person)

After the interviews, a background screen was done. Then the job offer arrived!

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were typical:
      - "What is your ideal work environment"
      - "What do you expect from your employer"
      - "How do you see yourself contributing in the first few weeks/months"

The interview with the CEO was challenging (perhaps because he's the CEO!), but enjoyable.   Answer Question

Customer Success Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DialogTech in September 2015.

Interview

The process was tedious. I got a call from a recruiter and ended up getting an in-person interview scheduled. I met with a CS senior agent and a manager. The interview went well - or so I thought. I advanced to the next part in which I had to make a mock account on their software and walk the CS manager through it.

Now I was told the final step was an interview with a CEO and I would be emailed that information. A week past, I received nothing. I checked in and was told I would get an email soon. 15 days later, I check in again and get the automated email of them "choosing other candidates".

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? How would you handle a customer who was repeatedly not getting it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had one thirty min screening interview with recruiter about more general stuff (eg project etc). That was then followed by a longer more technical interview about past projects with a developer, more high level type conversation. Finally I was brought in to talk with senior people (CEO meets every candidate) and do some white boarding. Overall they seemed like a really nice group.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous projects, string manipulation etc.   Answer Question

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialogTech (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Responded to an online ad about customer success associate. Got a call back and discussed the position. Had an in person interview and the interview was terrible. Arrogant interviewees and asking me if I'd been on the website and what I thought about it and how I'd deal with this situation. Kept cutting me off, didn't allow me to finish my points. Felt like they were trying to sell me something.

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

In person interview was set up prior to coming in. Met with two managers who asked three or four general questions "Tell us about your current sales process" "What do you know about ifbyphone" "Walk us through your resume".

By far the most unprofessional experience i've had in an interview; let me explain what i mean:
    - No eye contact between myself and the interviewer asking the questions
    - Looking at emails on cell phone during interview
    - Very non enthusiastic
    - Couldn't answer my questions about future goals of the business directly
    - No contact information given by either person for a typical follow up thank you email

If the interview I was in was a meeting with a client, I would have asked them if I was wasting their time, as i've never seen two people so disinterested in being there. I was so turned off after the interview so much that I didn't WANT to work there. Let alone here if they were going to be offering anything.