Dice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dice Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Manager, Brand Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dice (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter. I, unfortunately, had a bad experience applying and being considered for the role by dice.

Interview 1: Follow-up interview from recruiter. Nice and pleasant. Nothing too tough, typical behavioral questions and wanted to ensure there was a good fit.

Interviews 2: Was told that my first interviews would be with team members and not the hiring manager. This was interesting. I had both interview 2 and 3 on the same day back-to-back. I found the first interview with the team in Central US to be pleasant, however, the team spent 15 minutes of our hour getting the connection to work! (It was a video interview). The questions were good, however, when I asked questions it was clear the team had no idea what particularly they were looking for in the position.

Interview 3: Also a video interview with two team members in NYC. This is where things started to go very downhill. I found one interviewer in particular to be extremely condescending and demeaning. One question was downright rude "Wow, your experience is very impressive and you went up the ranks very fast. Why did they give you that opportunity and not someone else?" How do you answer that question! Super demeaning and condescending. The other interviewer in this call was a junior person and offered little to the discussion in terms of good questioning.

Interview 4: Finally, I was given the opportunity to interview with their VP of Marketing. She is new to dice and it showed in her style. It was obvious she did not know what she was looking for and offered little in the way of actual questions. She said her "team did not see actual specifics" in their interview and that she was looking for specifics. I took her through her job description, point by point and showed her that I had the specific experience she was looking for. Then she stopped me half way though and said "I do not need a point by point. How about you do a homework assignment on dice.com Prepare one page for me on what you would do from a branding perspective on dice.com". I was a bit taken aback- it seemed to be an off-the-cuff request and one that was not planned. I prepared the document for consideration.

Finally, I did not hear back for 1.5 weeks and they had the recruiting coordinator (super polite and helpful, btw!) get back to me with a form letter response "we are moving forward with other candidates." No response, no discussion of my one-pager. Nothing.

Very unprofessional team when it comes to interviewing candidates. They are clearly disconnected and have no real understanding of what they are looking for in a candidate. Teams all over the country and when I asked tough questions as a candidate about their branding and their brand the only response I got was to "Ask our new VP.... she can give you the direction." I ask, politely then, why was I asked to interview with people who had no ability to give me specifics about the organization and the role, BEFORE interviewing with the hiring manager who was the only one who had any ability to give me direct answers as to what they were looking for in the position? Bottom line: bad experience and an unprofessional interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Your background is impressive- why were you given the opportunity to do these important roles so young and not someone else?
      Explain your background and take us through your resume.
      Answer Question

Dice Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

We’re sorry your experience during the interview process did not match our intention to find the best person for the open position. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to ... More

Director of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dice (Urbandale, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the HR manager. We exchanged a few emails discussion the position description and my experience and my potential interest in the job. We then scheduled a phone interview and had the phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes covering various topics including management and leadership, as well as specific technology and business applications.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with cloud based CRM systems.   Answer Question

Business/IT Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dice (Des Moines, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick response to a job posted online. Phone interview with HR, followed by an in-person interview with HR. Then third interview with HR and hiring manager. 4th interview was with hiring manager an panel, but was very comfortable. 5th interview was my by choice to spend some time in the physical area to get a feel for how people worked together.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary came back within my acceptable range. I negotiated vacation time to match what I currently had, which they quickly did.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dice (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

They just asked me questions about my projects and I just talked about them. You just got to be ready to answer them and just don't get nervious. They just want to hear you talk! If you go for Senior position though, get ready for harder technical questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about X project that you worked on   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dice (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was pretty standard. Interviewed with different members of the engineering team. Did some whiteboarding AKA waterboarding. Overall it was a standard interview process, nothing too crazy or too weird. It's annoying that you have to talk to so many people and answer the same personal or work-related questions, but it's not bad compared to some of the ridiculous stuff other companies do.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dice (Des Moines, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. From there, I was asked to come in for an interview with the HR Manager, Sales Manager, and a current Account Executive in the department already. The staff seemed young, energetic and happy. Definitely seemed like a fun atmosphere, and people enjoyed being there.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to describe a typical day in my previous career, which there really was never a typical day. Also being asked about how my role fit with my previous employer. Nothing to fault Dice by any means, it was more that my previous employer was just an hard company and process to describe.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dice (Urbandale, IA) in December 2012.

Interview

Had an in person interview with the 2 directors of sales. Then had a phone interview with the manager and directors and one of the sales reps. The phone interview was a role play trying to sell them Dice services.

Client Services Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dice.

Interview

Good experience, treated well. I was disappointed in their slow final response.

Interview Questions

Compensation, low bse salary. However the benefit package was good.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dice in September 2011.

Interview

Very detailed

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to salary benchmark? Please describe in details.   Answer Question