Digital Domain Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digital Domain

Digital Domain

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Digital Domain

Interview

Recruiter consulted me about position. Had In-person interview, then video interview with team talking about film and my previous experience with games. Later submitted a code snippet of what was accomplished. Then got the call of the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Talked about typical Unreal Engine C++ querks and perks
    Answer Question

Digital Domain

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Digital Domain

Interview

Multiple interviews via Zoom. Thorough with 4 different interviewers. Most work is in Vancouver. Sometimes there a positions available in L.A. They only hire contract. No benefits at all offered.

Interview Questions
  • Fixated on knowledge of deformers.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2021

Interview

A recruiter sent an email to ask the general questions and then the other recruiter emailed to set an appointment. Then I had interview with 3 guys, mostly directors.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Montreal, QC) in Feb 2021

Interview

Interviewed with the team over video conference. Really great bunch. Too bad their offer was laughable at best if not borderline insulting. The way the offer was conducted was also dishonest IMHO. Asked my salary, sent it, then they came back without pipping a word about it being lower than what was expected, just the amount calculated in a different way. Maybe they thought I wouldn't do the conversion, as they didn't say a word and would assume it was OK with them? You don't leave rooms for interpretations usually in those matters, but they did. Looked it up and it turned out to be a lowballing of 30K. Thanks for the laugh I guess. Wonder how the recruiter would feel if someone was offering 30K less of what he /she's already earning and what kind of message it shows? Never applying again.

Interview Questions
  • The usual questions asked for this kind of interview.

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Playa Vista, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Got the notification for this position via recruiter. Took a month after to get a face to face at Playa Vista. They were friendly and asked insightful questions instead of whiteboarding galore which I very much appreciated. Then after that was a video interview following to talk to the team and the heads. Asked for code samples then got an offer two days later and I gladly accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2017

Interview

1 phone call, one message to arrange interview. Interview. Most fluid interview I've had in a long time. 3 Supervisors + HR were there. They all seemed to know what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What roles I'd be interested in pursuing in the future. What I wanted from the company and what I was looking for. How technical vs artistic I was about my work. They asked what current shows I'd be more interested in working on (never heard anyone ask me this before).

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Marina del Rey, CA)

Interview

They were very flexible in scheduling a time for me to come in and willing to accommode my schedule. They were very welcoming and friendly, and like one review said, very straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • What do you want in your next position?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Playa Vista, CA) in Dec 2014

Interview

I was interviewed by a production manager and an operations manager. Not quite sure why the operations manager had to be there - he had nothing to do with production. I was promised big things, mostly no long hours. That turned out to be very far from the truth - for almost a year I had no life outside of work.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled a challenging project?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2013

Interview

Their hiring process is pretty straight forward. The interview was one meeting and with up to 3 Supervising artists in attendance. Once the interview was completed it took quite some time to receive word that they wanted to proceed with hiring me. By then I had already interviewed with 2 other studios that had sent me offers.

Interview Questions
  • If I was willing to take a paycut since the last time I was hired by DD.

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Digital Domain (Playa Vista, CA) in Aug 2012

Interview

Interviewed with producer and project lead. It was a short turn-around project. We reviewed my reel, and discussed several past projects. They gave me a few situations and ask me how I would deal with them.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest strength and weakness. How do you overcome your weaknesses.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews