Digital Realty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.6

Data Center Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Digital Realty (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was relaxed and welcoming. Interviewer explained their groups status and what they were looking for and expecting from the new hire. Also met and answered questions presented by other members of the group. At one point I was interviewed by three people at the same time in a casual conversation setting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions related to the position that I was applying for.   1 Answer

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Realty (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was impressed with the professionalism and consideration with which the Digital hiring team approached the interview process with me. The Digital team successfully relayed the hiring time line, and was communicative and inclusive of me, the candidate, in the process. While I submitted my resume at the beginning of December 2016, and started the last week in January 2017, the timing of the interview process was fast paced and highly responsive.

Interview Questions

• The Digital hiring team provided a handout relating to the interview, what to expect and what to prepare for that I found extremely helpful. I prepared for the interview using the points recommended by the handout. The process was transparent. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Digital Realty (Chantilly, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

An initial discussion with the HR representative was conducted. The recruiter quickly setup a phone screen with one of the key stakeholders. That went very well and I was contacted immediately with feedback. After that I moved forward to phone interviews with three additional executive leaders. I was asked some situational questions as well as a review of key skills and experience. From there, I was asked to come on site for the final review. I really enjoyed the process and was kept up to date each time moving forward.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions regarding various security and risk management frameworks that I am familiar with, and this allowed me to expand on my experience deploying such practices.   Answer Question

Director of Talent Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digital Realty in October 2016.

Interview

An effective interviewer should be able to predict a candidate's potential success and cultural fit for the role, which requires some basic preparation, understanding of the role, and engagement. In this case the interviewer was in a VP role, yet woefully unprepared, disorganized, and disengaged. He did not ask any questions that would provide insights into my technical experience, culture fit, or my professional objectives. Surprisingly, he was also unable to answer basic questions about the organization's structure, talent development challenges/opportunities (except the need to improve Glassdoor ratings), and seemed somewhat bewildered about why he had been scheduled to conduct the interview. About halfway through the interview, he said "I should probably have a look at your resume", proceeded to ask one general question about my first job in this field 14 years ago—not asking a single question about any recent career contributions. The entire interview was a waste of time.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Realty (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with the General Counsel and the Associate General Counsel during an initial interview. During a subsequent call-back, I met with several other lawyers, a VP from HR, and a member of the legal team who handles risk management and compliance.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digital Realty in September 2016.

Interview

Smooth and quick. Received an offer over the phone, and an official offer letter once the background check was completed. HR was helpful with any questions I had about benefits etc... Health insurance is high deductible, but low cost with a good HSA contribution from the employer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience reading/interpreting contracts?   Answer Question

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Realty (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview took a month to complete. Interviewed with 3 different departments. Interview was with Accounting Manager, Human Resources and Controller. Each interview was done by telephone. Each person who interviewed me asked questions that generally took one hour.

Interview Questions

• What work related experience did I have?   1 Answer

Command Center Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digital Realty (Clifton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was setup by a technical recruiter for the actual employer. I met with several members of the Command Center management. The environment was in a comfortable setting and the complex itself was impressive. The 3 members I met with were very amicable and the interview process very well. They were very professional and thorough.

Interview Questions

• About my technical background.   1 Answer

Travel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Realty (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 phases. Initial phone interview with HR, 2nd phone interview with department head, and 3rd interview face to face. The process entirely was roughly 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions regarding my working knowledge of specific vendors as well as scenarios that occur in the department. The role was explained more in depth, as well as the vision for growth and sustainability.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Realty (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy i filled out the online application and went on two interviews for a combine time of 2 hours. I also spoke on the phone and answered a few emails.

Interview Questions

• They asked what is your best asset   1 Answer