Dignity Memorial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.0

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Two hour interview on previous sales history and ability to deal with prospecting along with self attributes . They had other sales people who were there to offer their experience as well as newcomers to the company

Interview Questions

• would you be able to cold call   1 Answer

Sales (Family Service Counselor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1: I attended a job fair and was approached by one of their recruiters as I walked by their station. The recruiter and I talked past each other the whole time, but he seemed intent on bringing me in for an interview anyway, and he scheduled it for 3 days later.

Step 2: I went to the interview at their offices and was interviewed by two sales managers of two separate locations. One was an inside sales job and the second was an outside sales job. This interview went really well. The managers were very professional, conversational, honest, and open. I peppered them with a lot of questions, and they answered all of them with understanding and transparency. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a scam, that they weren't hassling people in a time of grief, and I wanted to know how they went about "generating leads" in the funeral business. I walked in skeptical about the company (because of the weird recruiter interaction and lots of negative comments on here) and left a believer in these two managers and what they were doing.

Step 3: While I waited for a call back to set up my final interview, I visited each manager at his facility to get further information about the job (salary, commission, hours, etc.). I received an e-mail about 3 days later from HR to schedule my final interview with the hiring manager and sales director. We set it up for about 5 days later.

Final Step: I showed up for my final interview with the hiring manager and sales director. This interview was not conversational, but more of a test to make sure that I could do the job. After the interview, they had me wait outside while they made their decision. About 5 minutes later, the recruiter came out and led me down the hall to his office. He offered me the job for one of the sales managers that I had previously interviewed with and had me start filling out application paperwork right there even though I told him I needed to speak with my spouse first.

I really liked the two sales managers that I interviewed with, completely believe that they are providing great and necessary services to people in an upstanding manner and would have loved to work for either one of them, but the recruiter gave me the willies. In the end, I had another job offer on the table and took it instead.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a personal experience with a death in the family?
      Are you comfortable making cold calls?
      How do you envision a day on the job from start to finish?
      Are you okay with working weekends, holidays, and some nights?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and got a call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I waited 2 more days for a face to face interview. I had an interview on Saturday and hired Monday. The background checks took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. It's minimum wage plus commission. THIS IS A SALES POSITION.

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Kaneohe, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview over the phone from main offices. Follow up call by local manager. Personal interview set. All within 10 days. Face to face went well and job description was disclosed. After F2F came call from recruiter that I should be getting an email regarding hiring status. Then received email and phone call asking to take drug test and background check. 2 days following received call from face to face interviewer to congratulate me on being accepted for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Really quick and easy for me. I came from another career that made me fairly desirable. Hired after one interview. About three weeks from then I started.

Interview Questions

• [because I was not previously in a sales position] What skills from your current job do you think would transfer to this position?   Answer Question

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very pleasant, smooth, professional, yet friendly and warm. People of good character and ethics throughout. Phone call followed by in-person interview, followed by notification of intent to hire and subsequent typical HR protocols.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Representative followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Offer letter signed after background check and drug test results were complete. Whole process only took a few weeks,

Interview Questions

• The most important question was if you were comfortable earning the majority of your income through commissions.   Answer Question

Planning Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

First they do a phone interview they go over the position then you get a face-to-face interview were you getting more in detail description of the position and they show you around the facility

Interview Questions

• They ask the same general question all company's ask   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (Pasadena, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Had initial interview at the location with the Sales Manager, got offered the job immediately. The process after that took awhile.. I had to complete a background check, drug screen, and fill out other questionnaires. The process took about a month before I could officially start working. Then once I started, training that month had already passed so I was kind of just throw in and was expected to learn a lot of things by myself and start scheduling appointments. After a few weeks i finally got to go to training, it helped SO much! But after training there is still a lot to learn

Interview Questions

• -What makes you different from the other candidates?
      -Why do you feel like you're a good fit for this job?
      -What made you apply for this position? (even though they are the ones who contacted me)   Answer Question

Funeral Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dignity Memorial (East Stroudsburg, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Face to face with a phone follow up. Was very easy with all the questions you would expect to be asked, I also submitted a resume and references via email.