Directions in Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Directions in Research Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Directions in Research

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Directions in Research (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Called reception to inquire if position still open and had impromptu interview of only 2 questions about my weekend availability and approx. typing speed. Secured appointment for typing test 2 days later based on my responses. Typing test took place next to receptionist's desk on an old computer with a CRT monitor. Was handed a paper application to complete while receptionist hand calculated my score and must have met min requirement of 25 wpm. Was asked to wait only 10 minutes after handing in my application for the in-person interview with the HR guy. He asked me to read an easy paragraph of text at 6th grade level max. and really only asked about my phone center experience.

Interview Questions

• Please describe all of your past call center experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Directions in Research (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Followed website instructions and sent my resume. Got an email a few days later to come in and fill out an application if I was still interested. In the email was the open office hours for when I could come in. Went in and filled out app, then took a typing test. App was reviewed by receptionist and I was told I'd hear back soon. A week later I get the call to come in for an interview. The interview itself took about 10 minutes. I was asked about my college history. I was told about raises and all the good stuff they tell you to make you want the job. I was asked to schedule a time to come in for training and told that after the training I would be told if I was hired. Training is unpaid, but you get a $100 bonus at 80 days of employment. The training takes 8 hours total, either all in one day or split between two days, you choose. At the end of the 2nd training day I was told I was hired. The other two people training with me were hired too. We then confirmed our desired schedules and filled out W4's.

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Directions in Research in February 2012.

Interview

Just come in and take a typing test and if you get 35 wpm. You get an interview and they ask your experience and previous jobs. Then give you a schedule to fill out your availability and your hired.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company how will we benefit off you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Directions in Research (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

I heard they were hiring from a friend that worked there. I went in to fill out an application. Within two weeks I was contacted for an interview. The interview was informal and fairly brief. The people there seemed kind and results oriented. The office building didn't seem very welcome; it was rather drab.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Directions in Research?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and your previous employment experience.   Answer Question
    • What position are you applying for? Do you think you can succeed at this position? It can be difficult sometimes.   Answer Question