Dole Packaged Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dole Packaged Foods

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (Monterey, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

After an initial application online in the previous month, it took over 30 days to get a response from the company and the phone interview scheduled. Spent about 1 hour with a hiring manager who asked a multitude of very generic job interview questions. These were your typical behavioral questions such as, "Describe a situation where you were confronted by a manager who was very resistant to change and how did you handle it? Or - describe your 2 best qualities and your 2 worst qualities. Finally, describe a problem you had to solve and how you approached it. Despite having to come up with situations such as these, the interviewer seemed very detached from the personal level - he was more interested in boiler plate questions and answers than my specific skill set and knowledge. There was not nearly enough questions that applied my practical knowledge of the job skills.

Finally, he insulted me (although in a jokingly manner, about the place I lived and how much better Northern California was). Overall, the most negative feeling I have ever gotten from a phone interview only, and made me not want to get a call back. And after promising to call back within 7 days to tell me whether they wanted to continue the process, I didn't hear from them for at least a month, by which point I had already received another offer. And it was not even a call, it was an email. Typical large corporate type treatment which indicated to me that I would not want to work there anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not like a person you worked for and how did you work in that environment?   1 Answer

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atwater, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (Atwater, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

HR screened my application and then conducted my phone interview. After the phone interview, I went for an in person interview with the Lab Manager. The Lab Manager asked me about education and asked me why I want to work for this company. He also explained the type of food samples tested in this laboratory and the impact this testing has on shipment to major retail stores.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I will report the correct lab results for food samples even if it will cost the company a lot of money   Answer Question

Sales Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Horrible company to interview with. Interview process dragged on over a couple of months. No respect for a job seekers time. Also, asked a lot of questions about why I have been unemployed for so long. Didn't seem fair as a lot of people are in a similar position. Interviewed with a very senior member of their sales team who questioned my loyalty to a past employer because I left them after five years. Overall, the process was negative and the company left me hanging. At the very least, they lost a consumer of their products.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was with a hiring manager, and took about 50 minutes. There was a mix of resume questions and behavioral questions. I was also asked about my skills related to JD Edwards and SAP, since Dole Package Foods is making the transition from JDE to SAP. Westlake Village is the corporate headquarters so there was lots of people working there and all were dressed in business professional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I worked through a recruiter. He gave me background information on everyone I would be meeting and interviewing with.

The intefview began with a phone screen with the HR representative. Her questions wwere very standard as to my actual qualifications for the job. (current postition description, years in industry, education, years in current position, etc.)

I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was based on my resume, background, and very situational (tell me about a time when . . ., explain your experience at . . . )

I had one more phone interview with a key stakeholder, but not a direct report. Again, the interview was very situational. They also got more into personality and character.

I was then flown out to CA to interview with everyone from the HR manager to the President of the Division.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were challenging due tothe economic downturn and a hiring freeze. I was able to negotiate a decent signing bonus but no relocation help.

Accounts Payable Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dole Packaged Foods (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was carried in native language and then switched to the second language required by the company. During the interview the process was answering questions to the HR rep, and then to the would be supervisor concerning work. No tests or knowledge questions inhouse. Before this interview some basic onlines tests were sent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't