Dollarama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollarama Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.7

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama in May 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and got a call for an interview the day after. The interview was the next day and was called into a room in the back. Went over resume and started the actual interview , but then went on about how you had to be 16 to work there and I could unfortunately not be employed by them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollarama (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was a manager. She read off a list of questions. Very nice and simple process. Downside is they only hired me to help them open a new store and then I got let go.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

i Was a well known customer so it was easy applying. I was actually asked to come in and apply Filled out an application and handed in my resume, I was called and had an interview a couple days later.I was hired immediately, and my first day was orientation then I was a permanent name on the weekly schedule

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollarama.

Interview

I went to a job fair after seeing a posting online, and was asked about my previous experience, best accomplishment, availability, and hours expected. The manager was friendly and so I wasn't that nervous.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It took less than 3 minutes and he talked the whole time. He answered most questions for me and did not seem to care all that much. It is a basic retail job so they do not really care

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Hanover, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They held a job fair. During the process, which I was hired, I met with a manager and district manager. They went over my past work experience with me in 2 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Works history
      Reasons for leaving last position
      Wage requirements   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Charlottetown, PE (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process did not take l long time. I think that they were more concerned with my student schedule to be sure that I would be available for shifts and that I was a reliable person who would show up for shifts. Honestly, reliability and courtesy are definitely important when working a cash/customer service role.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone. Not very respectful, very amateur because it wasn't in person. She described the position and made me feel like it wasn't for me. As most HR the questions didn't go really far enough to analyze anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses ?   1 Answer

Import Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The appointment was at 10.30am and I was late for 10min which I do admit I should be responsible for. But that doesn't mean they could keep me waiting for almost one hour for the interview. And the lady who's supposed to interview me was not in the office that day!!! I was told there wouldn't be any growth opportunities internally. And the interviewer was kind of rude.

No growth, remote location (have to walk almost 20-30min) from metro station

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Short, quick, just like every other interview. "What was you favourite/least favourite thing about your last job?", "What can you bring to the company?", etc. Handed in resume, got a call back an hour later, interview next day and hired on the spot. No background checks, no tests, but also no training or manuals to read.