Dollarama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollarama Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollarama

1.7

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama in May 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and got a call for an interview the day after. The interview was the next day and was called into a room in the back. Went over resume and started the actual interview , but then went on about how you had to be 16 to work there and I could unfortunately not be employed by them.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted the form in person by visiting the store near my house and the store manager told me to come the day after for an interview. Asked some questions like "do you have any experience that you made a mistake and how did you deal with that situation?"

Interview Questions

• "do you have any experience that you made a mistake and how did you deal with that situation?"   1 Answer

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollarama (Sydney, NS (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with the Manager for a few questions they went over my past employment and made sure that I understood what kind of work I was getting into. It was a very friendly interview and they got back to me after it within the week to let me know I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work at Dollarama   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

extremely quick and simple, they simply did not have enough employees and were looking desperately for someone to work for them. Most of their hires are conducted by the same manner and/or by referrals from the current employees.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollarama (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was a manager. She read off a list of questions. Very nice and simple process. Downside is they only hired me to help them open a new store and then I got let go.

Cashier Interview

Interview

very basic; fairly easy. did not require a ton of preparation. Pretty standard for a temporary minimum wage job at a dollar store. Good opportunity for high school students. Location was not very convenient for me. interviewer was very nice and courteous however.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and asked me standard interview questions about my availability, and level of previous experience. He was very polite. At the time, he didn't select me because I was a full time student, and had not had any work experience prior.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It took less than 3 minutes and he talked the whole time. He answered most questions for me and did not seem to care all that much. It is a basic retail job so they do not really care

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Short, quick, just like every other interview. "What was you favourite/least favourite thing about your last job?", "What can you bring to the company?", etc. Handed in resume, got a call back an hour later, interview next day and hired on the spot. No background checks, no tests, but also no training or manuals to read.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got asked simple questions, got handed some papers to fill in and was hired the next week. No pressure and the manager was super nice and understanding. For anyone looking to start working part-time, first job for students, go for it. Great experience.