Dorman Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dorman Products Interview Questions

2.5

Learning and Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted just a day after applying, completed a brief phone screening and all went well. I was invited to come in for a face to face interview. I was invited in and was told I would be there about 3-4 hours. (Expecting someone to come in for a 3-4 hour interview, especially while working FT, is a little crazy.)

I interviewed with my HR contact, the manager of the department, and another HR person. The interview went well, I was given a tour of the facility. After meeting with all 3 people, I was asked to take a skill test. The test was in excel, mostly containing industry related word problems, pivot tables, VLookup, etc. They put me in a small room with a notepad, a pencil and a laptop and said I had 45 minutes to complete.

I feel the test was very outdated, especially the format. (there are programs available to complete these tests online.) The word problems are tricky to someone not familiar with their industry language.

The interview ended and I was told someone would be in touch within a week. Following the interview I reached out to follow up and received no response. A few days later I reached out again, and again, received no response.

It is very unprofessional to ignore candidates... especially those that have taken the time to go through the interview process. 4 hours is a lot to ask of someone... then to not respond after, is extremely unprofessional. At least have the courtesy to tell someone you are moving forward with other candidates - it only takes a minute of your time!

Interview Questions

• How does your background compare to the position you are applying?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

HR calls with halfhearted/meaningless phone screen, then they call back and bring you in. Had 3 one on one interviews in a row. After interview I never heard from them again. My inquiries went unanswered. It would take, what a minute to reply? I guess they never bother with you if you don't get the job. To me, that's unprofessional but it's the case more often than not these days.

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products in September 2015.

Interview

Everything up to and including the interview went smooth. They stated they would get in touch with me in about week either way. I did not hear anything so I reached out multiple times and was ignored. I would have been happy to just get some kind of reply even if I did not receive an offer. Very unprofessional.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products.

Interview

Willing to work with job candidate's schedule. Relaxed atmosphere, business casual dress code strongly recommended for interview. There are 3 interviewers you meet with after meeting with HR. I found 2/3 interviewers to be well versed in the process. The troubling part of the process was contacting the recruiting team. Many calls were made until we were able to speak one on one. The process was for the most part painless. The position, I was applying for, was clearly explained at time of interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorman Products in December 2014.

Interview

Two panel interview. Could be easy or hard depending on your experience. My previous internship had a lot of the pre-reqs in the job so the interview was very easy for me. Can be hard if you do not have any experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to product development.

My previous experience.
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products in September 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview after three weeks after applying online. Fairly simple, was asked about experience & mostly discussed about resume. Basic mechanical questions, director of engineering, engineering manager & fellow engineers were in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct testing on a automotive component (ex. combination switch)?   Answer Question

Laboratory Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Brief meeting at the campus, they ask about your past experiences, your interests and schoolwork. Then they show you a 3D printed part to see if you know what part it is. If you do a little research about what they do and how they do it and have basic knowledge about car parts there's really nothing to be afraid of. Just constantly remind them that you know car parts and that you can work well in teams and are eager to learn

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products in March 2014.

Interview

It was a very long multi-step process with several managers.
    There was little proactive communication from the company, most of the time I was up in the air as to the status of my application

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions, mostly dealing with a specific business issue   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

It took a year and a half enough said. They run you through multiple managers and directors through several days of interviews. Between interviews they can take weeks to contact you and they don't respond if you contact them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here?   1 Answer

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Portland, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources called to set up the interview. I went in for an interview with HR then was asked to wait and had another interview with the supervisor of the shift I would be working. After that we set up time to bring back all my documents. HR was very friendly and great at selling the company. He made me feel very welcome and comfortable. One of the easiest interviews I have had. Most of the time I feel intimidated, but the hiring staff at Dorman are great at making you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to work at dorman?   1 Answer