Douglas Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas Dynamics Interview Questions

3.2

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Dynamics (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

After meeting with a total of 12 people (!) in three different interviews, I was not offered a position due to the findings of a psychologist (yes, a psychologist). I had to do 4 untimed assessment tests and then do 4 timed assessment tests and get grilled by a psychologist who asked me questions dating back to high school grades and first jobs. None of that seemed relevant. The people are friendly, gracious and all liked me and wanted to hire me as I was a "cultural fit" and met the qualifications but, because I blanked out on the math portion of the test, I was seen as not "strategic" enough for a management role even though I have held many management positions.

Interview Questions

• What were your grades in high school? Did you have a job in high school?   Answer Question

Salary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Dynamics (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

All behavior questions. Not hard if you have experience / know what your doing. People were friendly and easy to talk to.
    I felt my interview went very well. HR person - When I was asked about salary expectations, I asked about what the salary range is & what the total benefits package details and costs. As we all know a job is so much more than salary. Healthcare coverages, costs, 401k plan details, short & long term disability, etc,etc all cost something (at many companies - healthcare has risen drastically) and are part of the total compensation. HR person claimed they didn't know the details...?
    Follow up call and email about my candidacy status were not responded to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake   1 Answer

Assemlber/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas Dynamics (Rockland, ME) in September 2014.

Interview

They generally hire through a temp agency. So you interview with someone from the temp agency first and they make you fill out a physics quiz to see if you would be better suited for a different job there but it doesn't matter how well or poorly you do on it. If they think you're a good fit for any job there, they call you back for a second interview with two business unit managers from Douglas Dynamics. You get a 10 minute walking tour of the plant and then they bring you into an office inside the plant for the rest of the interview. Basic interview questions, nothing too difficult.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Dynamics (Madison Heights, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Very informal questions. There were several people present at the on-site interview which seems silly since it ends up being 4 on 1 instead of several 1-on-1 discussions with a collaboration at the end. After the on-site I immediately was asked to have a phone interview with someone at corporate (engineering director). Very similar loose/informal questions, mostly personality related. They seem focused on finding a good fit for the culture (they did mention it) though I'm unsure if they know how to approach that ideal properly.

Overall, it seemed to go well and after asking about "next steps," I was told that I would be given further steps or at least some feedback, though I never heard back from anyone after thank-you emails and following up; I question their integrity and process since they made it very clear that they would follow up though never did. Pretty unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when your supervisor asked you to complete an assignment in a way that you knew was not correct: how did you deal with this situation?   1 Answer