Duane Reade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.1

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied for the job on Oct 23, got a phone call on oct 24 to come in for an interview on oct 26. I interviewed with the store mgr and his store assistant. he asked basic general questions and a few questions about my pharmacy experience after the interview was over he said he will get back to me. I received a job offer the next day by email and a email to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was easy for me because I did the application online at my job program and was assigned the interview for 2 days later by my talent recruiter. Simple but quick questions. Mostly getting information from your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one constructive criticism you received from a fellow employee or team member and how did you accept it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

Well I was in a mass interview and we had a group interview then we were called in for one on one interviews and was hired. They only asked about my customer service experience being as I didn't have cashier experience. They asked if I was ever out in a certain situation which job and how did I solve the problem

Interview Questions

• They was hardly any questions. I was asked only 3 questions.   1 Answer

Stock Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online.. I got a call the next day & was interviewed by the assistant manager of the store.. I was asked how I would deal different situations in my workplace.. the interview took around half an hour.. 2 days later I got another call for second interview and this time I was interviewed by the manager of the store... that day I was sent an acceptance letter and after going through a drug test and background check I got the job...

Sales Associate/Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview went well. I got there about 15-20 minutes early. When it was time for the interview, the manager discussed the company's contribution to the society and it's goals.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for work?   Answer Question
    • tell me one time you had to try to earn the trust of another person or a group?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had to give some one constructive feedback?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you received constructive feedback?   1 Answer
    • let's say you was doing work in a store and customer came up to you asking what was the best brand of a cleaning product, how would you deal with that ?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for a standard interview after applying online, then heard back with a job offer a week or so later. I accepted then went back in a few days later to get a huge training manual

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview. I came in, waited for the manager and did my interview. I was asked about 5-8 questions. He told me he would call me if he was interested. Later that day I was called back and ask if I was okay with a background check. I agreed and got a call back in about a week for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer approached you while you were off the clock?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair September 28 and a day later (29) received a call to go in for store interview for the 30. Not sure if it went good or bad, meet some of the staff interviewed with assistant manager. I was told I'm waiting on the rest of my background check to be reviewed and that was on 7 of October. So almost two weeks and haven't heard anything back. Is that a bad thing? How long does the back ground check take?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to discipline an employee. How did the employee respond and did it change things for the better or worse?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a group interview and it is better to stand out. Make yourself noticeable. They are very quick at responding to calls and messages. There are about 10 other people in the interview room with you and questions are asked and you answer them. It is very straight forward.

Cashier/Stock Interview

Application

I interviewed at Duane Reade in June 2016.

Interview

quick and easy
    I was done in less than 10 mins
    I got there earlier than my appointment, I waited for a few mins got a 1 on 1 interview
    it was really simple and quick

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you encountered an angry customer?   Answer Question