Duane Reade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was called for an interview the following week. I met with 2 district managers, They told me that they would have a decision in 2 weeks, however they called me the following week to offer me the job. The whole process was less than 2 weeks including a background check.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever had a difficult customer and how did I handle the situation?   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duane Reade in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring interview was basically signing papers and being informed of the duties and salary. I was already an intern for the company at the time and I was essentially hired as a pharmacist upon the condition of passing all the board examinations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was called in for a one-on-one interview with the manager 2 days later. The interview was more like a conversation rather than the formal question and answer format that is normal. I was asked about my availability, when I would able to start working and about how I would react in certain situations if I was hired. I was informed of their decision through email by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• When would I be able to start? Would I be willing to work overnights? What skills so I have that would benefit the day to day operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I basically walked in and ask for the store manager. I waited until he was prepared. We went down to the break room and had a one on one interview. He basically asked when I was able to work? Did I work in retail before? Why I left the other job?

Interview Questions

• When was I able to work and what kind of past experience did I have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Ozone Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duane Reade (South Ozone Park, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

got called in, the manager asked about my experiences and capability. informed me what the hourly base pay will be and told me to wait for an orientation date. the orientation was 8hours long and consist of explaining job roles and what the company was looking for

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer who was irate, how would you explain to a customer that a sale item wasn't in stock   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

They ask you the basic interview questions like why do you want to work here, and give you a few scenarios and ask you what you would do in that given situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were on break and a customer asked for help and they needed help on the register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was a pretty straight forward process. Asked a few questions. Why would I work there? Do I shop there frequently, what my availibility is. Pretty easy going process. Manager seems nice. Had me in a training orientation within a few days and the start of the following week I began working in the overnight shift. Good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a simple interview where the managers asked me into the office and just asked me why I wanted to work at Duane Reade, and asked me how I would react to some hypothetical scenarios involving customer interactions and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• If I saw another employee steal something from the store how would I react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Showed up. Lots of basic questions. But there were ALOT of questions. It was annoying after a while. One after another. I came early took me to a room interview with the assistant manager. She made me wait and then told me she would offer me a job after my background check clears.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you resolved a conflict with your schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

send resume and talk to recruiter - straight forward questions. no technicals during the interview just about you. Good place to work while going to school or the summer. Walk in store, ask for job, get job, start working immediately.