Duane Reade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate/Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview went well. I got there about 15-20 minutes early. When it was time for the interview, the manager discussed the company's contribution to the society and it's goals.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for work?   Answer Question
    • tell me one time you had to try to earn the trust of another person or a group?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had to give some one constructive feedback?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you received constructive feedback?   1 Answer
    • let's say you was doing work in a store and customer came up to you asking what was the best brand of a cleaning product, how would you deal with that ?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for a standard interview after applying online, then heard back with a job offer a week or so later. I accepted then went back in a few days later to get a huge training manual

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview. I came in, waited for the manager and did my interview. I was asked about 5-8 questions. He told me he would call me if he was interested. Later that day I was called back and ask if I was okay with a background check. I agreed and got a call back in about a week for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer approached you while you were off the clock?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair September 28 and a day later (29) received a call to go in for store interview for the 30. Not sure if it went good or bad, meet some of the staff interviewed with assistant manager. I was told I'm waiting on the rest of my background check to be reviewed and that was on 7 of October. So almost two weeks and haven't heard anything back. Is that a bad thing? How long does the back ground check take?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to discipline an employee. How did the employee respond and did it change things for the better or worse?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a group interview and it is better to stand out. Make yourself noticeable. They are very quick at responding to calls and messages. There are about 10 other people in the interview room with you and questions are asked and you answer them. It is very straight forward.

Cashier/Stock Interview

Application

I interviewed at Duane Reade in June 2016.

Interview

quick and easy
    I was done in less than 10 mins
    I got there earlier than my appointment, I waited for a few mins got a 1 on 1 interview
    it was really simple and quick

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you encountered an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 10-15 other people. Everyone took turns answering the questions. There were 4 people (different managers of several stores) asking questions. It was about 30 minutes long and there was so many people that you couldn't really find a stand out candidate. I'm assuming they paid more attention to the resumes.

Interview Questions

• What does being a team member mean to you?
      One word to describe yourself?
      Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Showed up. Lots of basic questions. But there were ALOT of questions. It was annoying after a while. One after another. I came early took me to a room interview with the assistant manager. She made me wait and then told me she would offer me a job after my background check clears.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you resolved a conflict with your schedule?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duane Reade (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in February 2016 and had to keep going into the store to ask what was happening with my application. I wasn't hired officially until the end of April 2016. When it came to my pay rate, there was and still is a lot of confusion about how much I'm supposed to be paid. My store manager said one thing but my paycheck is showing something else.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duane Reade (Long Is City, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was simple. They just asked basic questions.They asked couple of question about how would you react to a certain situation. It was all common sense to me.
    quick and easy
    I was done in less than 10 mins
    it was really simple and quick

Interview Questions

• They asked couple of question about how would you react to a certain situation.   Answer Question