Dunn Bros Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dunn Bros Coffee

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dunn Bros Coffee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee (Columbia, MO) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online to be a Barista at the Dunn Bros in Columbia, MO. The owner scheduled an interview with me via email. On the day of, he said he couldn't make the interview and asked me to reschedule, which I did. I went into the store and met with his wife for the interview. Everything went smoothly, and she said that they would contact me within a few days if I got the job. Two weeks went by, and I finally heard back from the owner. He left me a voicemail apologizing for the delay, and said that they'd like to offer me a position and to call back if I was still interested in working there. I did, and left him a voicemail letting him know I was still interested. However, after that, he never responded. I even emailed him twice, and still no response. I understand if they decided to hire someone else, but this was completely unprofessional. I definitely wouldn't want to work somewhere that has management with such poor communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal career be like?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee.

Interview

Interview over coffee with the owner. Be personable because that's what matters most in a customer based business. Smile. You'll be working with people at 5:30 in the morning, so get along with the staff.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with me being invited over the phone for an in-person interview at the location I would be working at. The owner of the Dunn Bros chatted with me about my qualifications, why I wanted to work there, and what my availability would be. It was fairly informal, and I felt at ease during the entire process. It was not a stressful interview, and I enjoyed talking with the owner.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee (Roseville, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview process. Meet with the manager at the store, talked through my previous work experience and discussed customer service. Place was really in need of additional hires so I got offered a job at the end of the interview and started within the next week. Manager is a great guy, really entertaining, not super intimidating and has a sense of sarcastic humor.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Honest answers and questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee (Stillwater, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Fast hiring and interview process! Once i completed the application I was contacted about an interview within a week. The management was very kind and asked questions that allowed me to respond effectively and tell them about my work style and values.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle confrontation with a customer   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunn Bros Coffee.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a couple days later, I had my interview two days later and started work the next week! The manager was the one who interviewed me. He was to the point, had everything ready when I got there and the interview went smoothly. He was prepared for my questions, and had the answers I wanted. His questions dealt with things that might come up in a job, past experience and life goals.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle situations where I don't get along with people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.