E. A. Berg & Sons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at E. A. Berg & Sons

Deductions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. A. Berg & Sons (Paramus, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a HR Recruiter, who conducted a short phone screen regarding my resume and skillset. Scheduled an interview after I passed the screen.

- First interview included a short Excel skills test with a Find & Replace, Sort/Filter and Pivot Table section. After the test I interviewed with the same HR recruiter and another person from HR. Basic resume/ personality questions. Asked me about proficiency in Excel.
    - Second was with the HR recruiter and someone from the sales department. Gave me in depth information about the sales dept. and company culture. Asked me more in depth questions about my education and work experience.
    - Third was a casual meet and greet with an Account Executive (moderated by an HR rep). Was given more information about how the company structure, what was expected and what my day to day would be.

A few hours after the M&G (on a wednesday) I was extended an offer that was 5k under the average for this role, on Glassdoor for all companies. I tried (unsuccessfully) to negotiate the salary and then asked until the end of the week to think about it, but they wanted to know by the next day. I asked for the full benefits information and they said they would include it in an email with my offer letter in an hour and gave me a response deadline of thursday end of workday. I instead got an email stating the offer had been rescinded and when I reached out for an explanation, they claimed "we decided to go in a different direction." IMO it was irrational of them to go through the entire process and determine that it was a good fit only to rescind the offer because they couldn't handle a simple salary negotiation or give me one extra day to think about it. It was a waste of both party's time and resources. I would have accepted the offer, but in hindsight I am glad I didn't get the chance to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your proficiency level in Excel? What is a deduction? What was the last book you read? What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something that we couldn't tell from your resume? How do you work in a team/resolve conflict? What type of manager do you want?   Answer Question
    • How does your background apply to the role? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you think you would fit in with the dept.?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. A. Berg & Sons.

Interview

Applied for job online, received email from their HR about job specifics and had to fax drivers license info and fill out paper application. Then they scheduled me for a face to face interview with the district manager. So the district manager interviewed me in the field with an actual sales rep on the route at a store. Asked pretty straight forward questions about my experience and background and to see if I was qualified to run a route. Got the job offer two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. A. Berg & Sons (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

it was a panel interview and lasted about an hour. The atmosphere was very relaxed and i was given plenty of time to answer the questions. the interviewers were interactive and took notes while also giving feed back. the questions really helped me prove that i was a seasoned sales professional which helped me solidify my hiring offer.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell me this pen   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation the offer was firm.