E.ON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

3.1

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E.ON (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online I got a phone call interview. I was asked a few question about my self and about my resume. Then a few days later I received another phone call and was asked to come in for a interview in Austin TX.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E.ON (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions about mostly IP4 and Cisco, general networking and Windows Server.
    A little bit about windows desktop. No questions about Linux or Mac.
    Quiz about Cisco. Many personality questions. Lots of questions about snitching on coworkers.

Database Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E.ON in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview after 2 days since I submitted application online. The questions were not hard, basically some behavior questions or let you introduce yourself and background. After this, the recruiter said she would talk to her manager and maybe give me a online test about sql. But after 2 days, they said they need person that can start working immediately, which I am not qualified for. But they said I can contact them if there are position available next summer.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions and experience   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

Brief phone interview screening with an HR associate in Texas, then an in person interview with the hiring manager in San Francisco.
    The role was not well-defined prior to the interview, and the criteria for evaluation was unclear. The interview was brief and unstructured.

Interview Questions

• No question was particularly difficult, however the entire process was vague given the lack of expectation setting.
      White-boarding was required to describe the layout and communication of a solar plant. Low level communication, then DC strings, combiners, inverters, central SCADA, etc. Analytical skills were tested by listing how many performance limiting factors could be named, and how to account for these factors in a real-time performance model.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E.ON (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter conducts phone interview, then followed up by in person interview with management. Next is phone interview with HR management. Upon offer from HR, you undergo a series of background, criminal and substance screenings. The interview process takes approximately 30 days, and it is on you to follow up and keep the lines if communication open. Very pleasant people along the way, and great about answering any questions one may have.

Interview Questions

• Very concerned with intent to stay long-term.   1 Answer

Various Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E.ON (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

same as most companies nothing to share. in general the company wanted to know about how i might be able to fit the role in the question. nothing unique about the process.

Interview Questions

• understanding of my previous background and experiences   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

Standard submission of CV and cover letter, then invited to do a verbal reasoning and maths test. If successful, they then ask you to download an app called Skyrise City, in which there are various logic games. Some of them can be frustrating, but actually strangely addictive. One you had to blow up balloons and there was others involving memory and reaction times. Seemed a bit pointless but was actually more fun than most applications I've done.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

The application process was the most unprofessional and uncomfortable recruiting experience I have had so far!

All the emails I have received included grammatical errors, a cell phone continuously vibrated during one of the interviews and one of the interviewers seemed to almost be falling asleep during the interview whereby conveying that she was super bored by and uninterested in the interview. (Even if I gave the lamest replies she had ever heard, could her behaviour be any less respectful?!) She also did not even manage to have some sort of eye contact.

The interviewers stressed that the working environment was great at Econ and that they had a great team spirit. By that statement, the interviewers seemed to ridicule themselves because they were the most unpleasant interviewers I have ever had and they were also not very friendly towards each other, addressing each other using their last names.

Moreover, the interviewers promised a quick decision after the last interview. They also failed to inform me in time. I do understand that sometimes unforeseeable events prolong the decision-making process. However, recruiters should also take this into consideration and if it takes way longer than previously assured, it is very disrespectful towards the applicant. The interviewers also stressed that feedback was very important at Econ. Nevertheless, they just sent a standard rejection email and completely failed to give any feedback after offering it in the email. They only said that a skill not mentioned in the job advertisement was the most important skill for the job and the determining factor for another candidate. This skill was, however, not even mentioned in the job advertisement. Moreover, this does not seem to be true because the job advertisement is still online months after the last interview. Since they could not give me any helpful/honest feedback, I think they should not be offering feedback and if the other candidate's skill was really the most important skill, it should definitely be included in the job advertisement! Otherwise, it is just a waste of the candidate's time and effort. (If they waste their own time and resources, it is up to them but wasting a candidate's time and effort, is just disrespectful.)

In conclusion, I do not see any reason for working at ECON if one could also work at MBB or other top consultancies. They have the better locations, better projects and most importantly, the company culture and the team spirit are much more attractive.

After four months and several rounds of interviews, the recruiters have still not managed to fill the open position. Therefore, it gives the impression that they are not only very unprofessional but also very ineffective. Since the case study was super easy, it does not even make sense to take part in a case interview at Econ in order to prepare for case interviews at better companies. Taking part in the interviews arc ECON definitely felt like a waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Too personal questions (especially about weaknesses and the most impactful professional failure). So it's definitely helpful to prepare for that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

After application there was a CV sift carried out by HR, from which I was offered an interview. The Interview process was around two end to end and included an analytical exercise and a competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• The short of the question was 'Tell me about a time you have successfully embedded change?'   1 Answer

E.ON Response

Oct 18, 2017 – HR Communications

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you had a positive experience and wish you all the best at E.ON.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

It was an assessment centre, but although there were other candidates present, there were no group activities. The batch was split in two and did activities at different times, but the activities were individual.