E.ON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.1

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E.ON (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions about mostly IP4 and Cisco, general networking and Windows Server.
    A little bit about windows desktop. No questions about Linux or Mac.
    Quiz about Cisco. Many personality questions. Lots of questions about snitching on coworkers.

Database Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E.ON in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview after 2 days since I submitted application online. The questions were not hard, basically some behavior questions or let you introduce yourself and background. After this, the recruiter said she would talk to her manager and maybe give me a online test about sql. But after 2 days, they said they need person that can start working immediately, which I am not qualified for. But they said I can contact them if there are position available next summer.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions and experience   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E.ON.

Interview

Brief phone interview screening with an HR associate in Texas, then an in person interview with the hiring manager in San Francisco.
    The role was not well-defined prior to the interview, and the criteria for evaluation was unclear. The interview was brief and unstructured.

Interview Questions

• No question was particularly difficult, however the entire process was vague given the lack of expectation setting.
      White-boarding was required to describe the layout and communication of a solar plant. Low level communication, then DC strings, combiners, inverters, central SCADA, etc. Analytical skills were tested by listing how many performance limiting factors could be named, and how to account for these factors in a real-time performance model.
      1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E.ON (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter conducts phone interview, then followed up by in person interview with management. Next is phone interview with HR management. Upon offer from HR, you undergo a series of background, criminal and substance screenings. The interview process takes approximately 30 days, and it is on you to follow up and keep the lines if communication open. Very pleasant people along the way, and great about answering any questions one may have.

Interview Questions

• Very concerned with intent to stay long-term.   1 Answer

Various Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E.ON (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

same as most companies nothing to share. in general the company wanted to know about how i might be able to fit the role in the question. nothing unique about the process.

Interview Questions

• understanding of my previous background and experiences   Answer Question

Smart Meter Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E.ON (Peterborough, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview for this role is quite intense, probably a little more involved than it needs to be for this level of employment. It lasts approximately three hours.

The first part is a role play where you're given a profile to read and study for fifteen minutes then you go into the role play. You're the E.ON man and you're conducting a standard visit and installation at a customers address, straight forward stuff.

Following the role play you go into a practical exercise which involves detaching an old style meter and re-wiring a new style meter, nothing too technical but the assessor fully inspects and checks your work, you are not told if you passed or failed.

Finally you go into a two panel interview and asked eight questions, four competency based and four scenario based questions, again, nothing too difficult but you need to draw on your previous experiences and use the STAR technique in order to be successful.

The whole process from initial application, assessment to start date took approximately twelve weeks, I found this a little slow as I was keen to get back into work following redundancy, other than the timescale I found the process to be interesting and informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to challenge someone for not following protocol or breaking a rule you know should be adhered to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, there is a standard pay rate which is scaleable as you gain your electricity and gas qualifications which they provide in their academy.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E.ON in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview after the online application and an online test.
    1. Interviewer introduction.
    2. I had to tell everything I've done that could be important for this application.
    3. Competence questions
    4. I had the chance to make questions and the following steps were described.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had to give negative feedback to somebody, either colleague or friend-   Answer Question
    • Three main goals of the energy sector   Answer Question

Graduate Customer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E.ON (Nottingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

CV Submission, Online psychometric tests, phone interview, final stage assessment centre

assessment day is structured so you meet other individuals however each activity is based on your own performance, very busy and very interesting
    Everyone I met was lovely but they're not your friends

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E.ON in April 2017.

Interview

1-hour telephone interview, they called 5 min late. It starts with CV questions, then comes to Motivation questions, Know-how about E.ON, Know-how about the outlook for the industry, behavior questions, strengths and weakness, questions to E.ON. It is really important to prepare well for the behavioral questions because they really focused on it and took a lot of time in this part

Interview Questions

• 1. Frist go through the relevant experience of CV
      2. Motivation for this program
      9. Strength and weakness
      10. Questions
      Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at E.ON in April 2017.

Interview

Online test, competency based telephone interview, AC. Online test is pretty standard. The interview gets a little bit more tricky. The questions needs you to really think about your work experience and reflect what you have achieved. Also the interviewer is very well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Trends of the energy sector. Detailed questions about situations you may have experienced during your work experience.   Answer Question