ECI Telecom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ECI Telecom Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Flew me out to Pittsburgh a couple days early to see the city. Most of the staff was quite friendly. Out of the 6 people I met with, 1 was very difficult asking for specific C++ syntax memorization type material

Interview Questions

• STL, maps, linked list implementation, dealing with input streams and file descriptors   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECI Telecom in November 2007.

Interview

This was the interview process when applying for a co-op after sophomore year:

I had a one on one interview on campus after initially submitting my resume at a campus job fair. They asked a few personality/HR type questions, but since the interview was with an Engineer, he moved on to some more technical questions. I don't think I did all that well, so I didn't expect to hear back.

About a week later I did hear back again, though. They offered to drive me in for an on-site interview that last about 4 hours. I got interviewed by three separate programmers, who all asked whiteboarding questions. I had listed C++ experience on my resume, though it was limited. I had made it clear that the vast majority of my experience was in Java, but in the interview they insisted that I try writing out my code in C++. This really made me nervous, and that plus a lack of experience in doing whiteboard exercises pretty much made the interview process miserable. Needless to say I didn't get an offer, but I did get a free lunch of out the deal, and a chauffeured car ride to their office.

Tips:
    -Know your algorithms and data types. As a senior Comp. Engineer major, these would have been pretty easy to answer in the interview. At the time it was all new stuff to me though.
    -Practice whiteboarding code examples.

Interview Questions

• Implement a linked list and a method to sort the list.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Airoli (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Airoli (India)).

Interview

Firstly there was an aptitude test then technical and then HR. Aptitude is too easy but technical round isn't. Deep questions based on CCNA. HR round was based on personal experiences

Interview Questions

• Routing Protocols and how they work   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (New Delhi (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The company is in Bangalore but they had come to Gurgaon for hiring. My profile was screened and I was called for the interview. First, the interview asked about benefits of C++ over C, then he gave 2 DS questions. I wrote the code but he asked for the optimal solution. He also asked some questions on C++ concepts.

Interview Questions

• How to reach the middle of the node in linked list.
      Explain virtual polymorphism in detail.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petah Tikva (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Petah Tikva (Israel)) in March 2016.

Interview

a long process that included home exam, a technical interview, HR interview and aptitude test.
    The last interview was with the product manager that included both personal and technical questions. The process took something like 4-5 weeks. The technical interview was not diffuclt and checked programming skills and knowledge in operation systems.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency. 5 rounds were there.
    First round- Aptitude around 20 questions.
    Second & third rounds - technical face to face.
    Fourth round - manegerial round.
    Fifth round - HR round.

The interview process took 1 day I interviewed in Eci telecom, Bangalore on march-2016.
    Got offer after 15 days.

Interview Questions

• First round, not only multiple choice questions but also descriptive questions on networking.
      Basic networking knowledge is must.
      Second and third round logical and C program based questions.
      Like find the longest palindrome in the given string.
      Manegerial and HR rounds are about interpersonal skills.

Software Engineer Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in `Omer (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (`Omer (Israel)) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived with a few other candidates, the managers assured us that they had enough positions for everyone. A few of us were turned down upon the first round of professional questions and the rest continued for an HR interview and an aptitude test. After all their procedures they revealed that all of the available positions had been staffed a while back by other candidates. Overall I felt that the managers were extremely close minded and quite full of themselves.

Interview Questions

• First Pair:
      Describe your last project.
      Design a chess Game in object oriented.
      Design a coffee machine in object oriented.
      What is the complexity of inserting a stream of data into a vector(they meant at any position like the end, and not in the middle). follow up question: can you make it more efficient.

Second Pair:
      "Two robots on a line" question.
      A synchronise question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ECI Telecom in August 2015.

Interview

Got a call from naukri.... Interview process was good and managed. 1st round was telephonic.. To test ur skills and project for the best fit in team. After clearing that got a call from HR for f2f discussion. Interview was on weekdays so she told to take full day leave as the process is long.

There I had 2 technical rounds, one coding round and one managerial round in full day from 10 to 6 on a particular day.

After that hr hold me to leave for the day and told to get back to me in sometime.

Question was not very tough just prepare well what ever u mentioned in ur resume.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2015.

Interview

Tedious. Long face 2 face interview.
    With hiring manager and his managers and HR
    And I'm just padding my words here since I have to write at least 50 words
    I need to add at least 20 more words so I'm just writing more and more words.
    And some more words and more words.

Low offer

Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECI Telecom (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of 3 rounds
    1:Aptitude
    2:Technical F2F
    3; F2F
    interviewer was condescending.
    They were negating everything you say.
    just for internship they took 3 rounds and even passing these rounds were not enough.
    Technical interviewer was helpfull and even management was professional.

Interview Questions

• What did you read in email?
      what do you know about company.