EDC Teams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at EDC Teams

Sort:

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDC Teams (Folsom, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Job applied for and HR called to schedule interview for Assistant Manager. I verified the hours were from 8-5 Monday through Friday because she said it wasn't a sales position, it was in customer service with a national corp. that they already had accounts with. I let her know I didn't want to waste anyone's time if it wasn't a M-F 8-5 position.

I get the the "interview" and there were 7 other people waiting for the same appointment time. They started calling people in one by one to tell us about the job. It is a sales job- everyone starts at their company as an entry level sales associate and the hours are from 11 am to 9 pm.

They say whatever they can to get you in so HR hits their quota of prospects.

Interview Questions

They lied about the position and hours of work.

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EDC Teams.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call for a preliminary interivew which was just to see who you are. If they like you then they will call you for a job shadow which is a 8 hour day! and you don't get paid for it. you just have to follow one of the empoloyees around all day and they take you in their car to weird places trying to sell quill.com products

Interview Questions

• Is a commisson based job okay with you?   1 Answer

I wouldn't like to walk around in weird places trying to sell products to people who don't really care about buying any of the products. I didn't like the commission either.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EDC Teams (Folsom, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was the strangest I've ever had. It lasted about 20 minutes & the majority of the time it was the interviewer doing the talking. She kept talking about how great the company was & only asked me one question the entire time. She said at the end of 3 weeks I could become a leader, which just seemed so quick. The office was sparsely furnished & just felt off for a consulting group. When I asked what the position entailed she was very vague on what exactly I'd be doing. All I was told would be that I'd be selling services to small businesses. I was told the hours would be 8am-6pm Monday through Friday. Any question I asked she seemed to get more nervous. At the end of the time I was asked to return for a 2nd interview that would be from 9am-5pm for a job shadow, unpaid. I went in the following day & met the office president, Justin. He told me I'd be following one of the salespeople while they sold Quill.com office supplies to small businesses. I asked outright if it was a door to door type sales job. Justin said no & proceeded to explain the position again. It sounded just like a door to door sales job to me. Things just felt off to me & reminded me too much of things I'd read about Cydcor.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could lead/work with a diverse group of people?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDC Teams.

Interview

Strange. The girl who was interviewing me was completely off topic and talked about her experience in traveling to Iraq (?) and other stuff. Only asked me one question: Do you think you'd be good for this job? Which kind of confused me because I still didn't know what the job entailed. I asked various questions but only got vague responses. I 'passed' the first interview and came back to shadow. The guy who I had to shadow was awesome. He was so great, nice and funny. Really connected with him. He was the only one who was upfront about the job--he told me straight up if you don't make a sale, you don't make money. it's 100% based on commission. Which was never said to me during the interview nor on the Craigslist Ad. They also didn't mention it was door-to-door. They also have unpaid meetings which take a while, doesn't make sense why i have to waste my time in a meeting if i'm only getting paid due to my own efforts. It's sketchy to have to go to various neighborhoods and basically harass business owners to buy paper/office products (Quill) from you. There's no guarantee that you will get any money. It's NOT a good job for you if you do not have your own car/insurance/gas money (they don't reimburse you for gas), not a social butterfly, not a good speaker, or you have kids. Maybe you can get by with having your own apartment, but the pay is just not dependable. It's too risky to take this job if you have children because you will get paid differently week to week and it can change drastically. I learned all of this during my shadow. I'm glad i went through it because now i know the dangers of this type of company/position. Best part, the lady who interviewed me said that it would be from 9-5pm. it ended being up to 6:30pm. I'm not from Folsom and had no car at the time so I took 2 light rail trains and walked a mile to get there. I missed the last train that would connect to my 2nd light rail train because i assumed when she said 5pm, she was telling the truth lol. So i had to take 3 light rails, 2 buses and take a taxi home (OH YOU THINK I AM JOKING BUT I AM NOT, I AM NOT). I asked the interview lady (who's from the SAME town as me) for a ride, i basically pleaded with her, but she said that she had plans later on in the night and can't. ??? What. I'm asking you for a ride now, not later?? I just think she didn't want to give me a ride and was being polite (>.>) instead of rejecting my begging. Walked all day with the guy i shadowed with+took me 3.5 hours (would have been a 35 minute car ride home with her -_-) to get home+lying about the position+lying about the hours= Very negative experience.

Props to my shadow guy, can't say that enough. He's the only reason I didn't regret the experience ENTIRELY. Otherwise, i would have deeply despised it. I just abhorrently dislike it, very much.