EMCORE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMCORE (Dulles, VA).

Interview

It was for a subsidiary of Emcor an electric company. Good interview but just wasn't a fit for either party. It was a long interview that went through the company, the job in detail, and went through the entire job description of the experience I have with each.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMCORE (Alhambra, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 managers. Easy questions. It was a pleasant experience. It took two hours total. 30 minutes with each person. Most of the questions were about school and relevant experience for the position.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMCORE (Alhambra, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

i was met with the engineer where i had an interview with him than had an interview with two of the hr which proceeded with another interview about a broader ranger of questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, tell me about your projects, do you work alone or like to work in a group, what are your hobbies   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMCORE (Alhambra, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Was contacted by their recruiter about 3 weeks later and she did a phone interview asking about my general experience. Then I had a second phone interview with the Director of Quality. The recruiter contacted me soon after that to set up face to face interviews. I met with several senior managers and engineers individually. They seemed a little disorganized about who would interview me when, and one manager could not attend at all. I flew home and got a call within a day and a half offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• The operations manager focused mostly on behavioral type questions, explaining that they really needed someone who could work well with others. Some technical questions from my resume as well.   Answer Question

Test Equipment Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMCORE (Alhambra, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1) applied online, and 2 weeks later, got an email requesting phone interview and to send over some SolidWorks parts/ assemblies I've worked on
    2) phone interview with hiring manager the next day
    3) on-site interview with hiring manager and a mechanical engineer the next week
    4) received offer, and later had to do a drug test/screen

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience using Solidworks (models, drawings, assemblies, etc).   4 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMCORE in January 2013.

Interview

one-on-one with project manager. asked about my experience and how it is related to the project. went over the details of the project to see if I am interested. overall chill interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMCORE (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a long gap of about 8 weeks between applying and the actual selection for interview. The Primary applicant had been selected and then worked for two weeks and then quit. I was then brought in as the next candidate in the queue and ran through 4 hours of interviews with 4 individuals in the management and work area. I felt comfortable in the process, and although the level of questions were detailed, the intent appeared to try and find out how I would fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions about the photovoltaic semiconductor solid state physics, and the modeling of this semiconductor junction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a salary for what I needed to make in order to make a life-transition at $65k. I was pleasantly surprised when HR added $15k to my salary request based upon my experience.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMCORE (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2009.

Interview

After phone interview got paid trip + car to HQ. Face to face interview lasted for a whole day and got the chance to meet possible work group. Mix of personality + technical interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMCORE in April 2011.

Interview

asked about experience, background, and other skill things