ESAB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ESAB

2.5

Strategic Commodity Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESAB (Denton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It took a couple months for the interview process. First, I did two phone interviews. After two months, I received a call for an in person interview. I did a one on one with the manager and then a group interview with all commodity managers. I received a call the same day.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ESAB (Florence, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

This was the easiest job that I ever got. I didn't apply at all. I was found by a recruiter on Monster, Top Gun Staffing. I had a quick interview with the recruiter, not major just background review. Then a phone interview with Customer Service/Inside Sales Manager that lasted 10 minutes and finally a face to face interview that lasted 30 minutes. The manager talked 28 of the 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Actually, this probably was the biggest mistake. I took the word of the recruiter that my offer of 32000 was the best I could do. I found later that someone hired a few weeks later, is making 36000 base. That person rejected the original offer and according to her, got 5000.00 higher offer.

Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ESAB in April 2013.

Interview

Met in Cross Key's hotel. Filled out application in a room of other applicants. Sat back down and waited 5 minutes. Called to the front table of 3 people. Asked if you can drive a forklift. Answered yes. Then was asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Asked if you can drive a forklift.   1 Answer

DC Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ESAB (Denton, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Pretty relaxed. All phases were very informal. Nice job keeping me informed of the status of my application. Met with five layers of management and three of the employees. Would have been nice to know why I was not selected since I met 95% of their requirements.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESAB in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process took around 2 months. Started with phone screen by HR, then phone call with hiring manager. On site interview followed and was with 4 different people in the organization. The interview was pretty standard with questions on background, behavioral questions, and previous work experience. Total onsite interview lasted about 3 hours. Once interview was completed HR followed up with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult stakeholder and what did you do to get him on your side.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at ESAB in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. They kept pushing things back. Should have seen the red flags! They ended up canceling the training program, which was very frustrating after having been in conversation with the company for over 6 months! Hope they get things together for other candidates!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESAB (Hanover, PA) in July 2008.

Interview

Great interview questions. Met with the VP and then worked my way around to each product manager for one on one interviews with them. Finally worked my way to the VP of sales who was my final interview at a different location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESAB in February 2014.

Interview

No idea what they are doing. Sometimes I felt they were engaged. Other times, no. They have people in leadership roles that are monsters. Besides the HR Manager, no one asked about my experience. Clueless

Interview Questions

• Can you do the work? Asked about the industry and wanted to know what I knew about ESAB. Very arrogant.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESAB (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick one time interview. I sat with two managers who asked fairly simple questions about me and former employment. Just be honest and forthcoming. It was easy to get hired on.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a discrepancy with coworkers.   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESAB (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was one to one secession. directly went there to find out about job. and came to know about vacancy. gave interview and got the job too. i got offer letter after two months.

Interview Questions

• like why i want to join esab   1 Answer