ESS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ESS

1.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ESS (Union, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It is actually call the training. It takes place in a class/discussion room, where maybe 10 to 15 total applicants sit around and interact with the "trainer," so it can be considered as more of a group interview. The trainer gives us a number of dos and don'ts about being a substitute teacher, basic guidelines when in the classroom and the school/workplace, how to go about the rest of the process moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if you (a male) find yourself alone with a female student in the classroom?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downingtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESS (Downingtown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

no interview just a brief orientation and overview of company and paperwork. I believe they base their requirements off of background check. There was only 2 of us at this session. You can choose your session and change it as you please.

Teachers Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESS (Cherry Hill, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Long back-round check on your past
    Finger Prints that cost you money
    Tons of pointless paper work that you'll never see again
    Most of the stress is paper work from the government mostly local and state
    You will need Blood work
    Drug Test and a complete medical physical at your cost

Interview Questions

• No hard questions at all.... it's more about your back round and finger prints not you personality   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were none!

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ESS (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview followed by a group interview of about 25 people at the office. There was one interviewer and everyone in the room was hired (to my knowledge). Applicants for this position should know that the background, fingerprinting, and training takes around 3 months so if you want to start in September apply in May/June.

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ESS (Savannah, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a short phone call asking if I had experience working with children. I was referred by another employee. I had to submit some documents and do a background/drug check and that was it.

Substitute Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Oxford, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESS (New Oxford, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Every thing was explained about the position, we had to fill out forms and turn in any clearance` documents we had. We were able to select school district preferences. And was given the option to accept the position without any negativity.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in the position   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

Interview process is very easy. As long as you get accepted as a candidate, you don't even have to interview anymore. They call it a "group interview" but it's more like an information session with a group of anywhere between 10-50 people. After you fill out all the proper paperwork, get your background check, and pay the fees, you have to attend a full-day seminar where they teach you classroom management. If you're already a certified teacher, much of it is already known. In fact, if you are already a certified teacher, they occasionally have half-day seminars. After the seminar, you're an employee and you work when you want, and you remain an employee as long as you work at least 4 days a month. You select which districts and schools you want to work. The districts pay anywhere from $70 to $105 per day, depending on your certification.

Interview Questions

• During the seminar, they ask the group about different scenarios one might come across in a classroom. Most of it is common sense, especially if you're a certified teacher and have had education classes in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The different school districts already have their daily salaries set.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESS in August 2010.

Interview

there was a group training and orientation

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult or unexpected questions or concerns.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESS (Hampton, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

You pay out of your own pocket for background checks. You also have to make time for a drug test. That is a waiting game too. You also attend a mandatory workshop prior to hire.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ESS (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Usually, They have really helpful Training Orientation prior to becoming a Sub Teacher. They will also group the potential employee's up together; Making sure you are comfortable engaging into a conversation with a total stranger. They will demonstrate attendance taking; emphasis on the importance of Student's accountability.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working with Children from all age levels.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESS in July 2015.

Interview

Easy. Classroom setting, interviewer doesn't do any one-on-ones. Simply explains requirements, how the online system works, and what you would need to do to get into the school system (finger printing, background check, etc.)