EVS Broadcast Equipment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at EVS Broadcast Equipment

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at EVS Broadcast Equipment (Fairfield, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

I was brought in through a referral to interview with the company after NAB. The interview was actually fairly brief and did have a great deal of intensity or technical questions. This is probably due to the fact that this industry is fairly close knit and new work is typically done by word of mouth. The interview process consisted of one with the 2 GMs and a separate interview with the technical director. The most surprising thing regarding this experience in retrospect was really how little the GMs asked about my technical knowledge. Their questions really zeroed in on character questions, trust, etc which I can understand but made me feel uncomfortable. There were no questions concerning what-if scenarios for customer situations, systems integration, or commissioning of equipment which is the most important aspect of the job. The subject of the interview at this round really concerned internal company situations which I found truly odd. In retrospect I wish that I was more experienced and was paying attention to what was really being asked as it reflects on the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• If a particular business or product issue took place and needed to be communicated, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Throughout the entire interviewing process the negotiation phase was the most unorthodox experience that I have ever personally gone through. Despite that fact that the company stated that they needed a support engineer immediately and was going to present an offer, management really dragged their feet. Although I was told on the spot that I was expected to receive an offer, it took over a month until a concrete offer was made. In retrospect, I believe that this is part of their negotiating strategy to bring the compensation level down. When they finally contacted me with an offer it was conducted by phone. To my surprise, when I asked one of the GMs if I could get the compensation package detailed in writing he got upset and I felt like the offer was going to be rescinded. This is a point in time that I actually regret as I feel that this reflects on the culture of the office.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seraing (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EVS Broadcast Equipment (Seraing (Belgium)).

Interview

In 2007, a recruiting agency sent me to EVS for an interview. I was working there the next day. Very quick process because of the urgency to replace a staff on leave. The first part was with the HR recruiter and the second part of the interview was with the Tradeshow Manager and the Marketing Director. The agency had my english level tested before to send me there but I do not know if it's an EVS requirement. Overall, the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to manage a conflict   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EVS Broadcast Equipment.

Interview

I applied online via their job application form, after a couple of days I received a follow up email, then a phone screening during which we schedule a interview. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, then had a skills test with one of team member. A positive experience overall, the staff I met was very friendly and welcoming.