Eastern Connecticut State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern Connecticut State University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University.

Interview

First checked in the office and I was asked to wait for the Dean. After few minutes, I'm asked to go into his office where he asks me questions regarding what intrigues me of the position and what I have to offer to the department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences do you have with social media?   Answer Question

Campus Activity Board Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT).

Interview

Applied online through the Eastern jobs website, filled out a form and submitted it with my resume. Within a couple of a days I received an email from the Assistant Director of Student Activities to set up an interview. Arrived at the students activities office early and was ready for my interview, waited a couple of minutes and was called in. I was interviewed by the assistant director of student activities herself as well as their grad intern, they were very professional and laid back. After the usual set of interview questions I was told to look out for an email in a couple of days to notify if I had received the or not. The interview lasts around 20-30 minutes and I did not feel rushed. I was offered the job and loved every second of it. I built great friendships with my co-workers and supervisor, overall great people and office to work in.

Interview Questions

• What's something different that you can bring to CAB?
      How do you think CAB can help you?
      Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

After submitting an online application, candidates are contacted via email for consideration of the position. They must partake in two stages of the consideration process: 1) a group interview that is supervised by current Resident Assistants as well as Hall Directors, which functions more so as a job demonstration workshop; 2) a panel interview consisting of at least one R.A. and three to four Hall Directors. In the panel interview, candidates are asked a series of questions by each panel member pertaining to the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you practice diversity/inclusion within your residence hall?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University in January 2014.

Interview

I completed a brief application online that asked of my availability, status as a student, major, and GPA. About a week later, I was emailed by the university department directly and a meeting was scheduled between myself and the two professionals in the department. After accepting the offer, I was required to submit paperwork to complete the process, which included: my SS card, tax forms, and a statement signed by the department that hired me.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do after your time at this school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negotiation on the table was my availability. It is the employer's responsibility to balance a schedule of maybe 10 students that does not exceed 12 hours per student every week.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was rushed and unorganized. I presented my lecture and portfolio to the department multiple times as the hiring committee was disjointed while members of the committee popped in and out of my interview.

The position was misrepresented. This was a new position that was not clearly proposed and had conflicts with other departments.

In retrospect, the interview was insightful to the culture of the university. I was not supported in my position and was not properly compensated for teaching credit hours. I was required to participate and teach courses that had not yet been approved for credit hours until the following year and thus did not receive teaching credit. This required me to be overloaded, thus unable to keep up with the expectations of this position.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan to recruit students to the program?   1 Answer

Social Media Coordinator/Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

I saw a post on HighEdJobs.com for the position. I immediately, within a day it was posted, applied for the job. I put together a Wordpress site with my work and spent about 10 hours creating a resume specific to the job requirements. I also created a cover letter and noted my key skills that I would apply to the job, if hired. I printed out my cover letter, resume, three references and links to websites I had worked on and sent to it to my future employer via certified post mail. I received an email within three days requesting to schedule an interview. I met with the Director of the department and spoke for about an hour about my portfolio of work. We left on good terms and about a week and a half later I was sent an email confirming I had received the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate Mobile Apps using our digital assets?   Answer Question

Political Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview involved 5 faculty members in the existing department. It required extensive background preparation on the institution. Additionally, it was helpful that I was prepared to discuss how I would teach specific classes that they offer as well as contribute to the institution via my research and service.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss one thing that you like the most about your current institution, as well as one thing that you like the least.   Answer Question